KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's all very well talking about what flaws Keegan has but the fact of the matter is that he was brought to the club under false pretenses and was well within his rights to resign. The man has been used by this current board and that cannot be ignored and I for one don't want cunts like that in charge of the club.

Guest The Corner

I know this is a s*** situation, I know everyone's upset and I know I'm likely to get a load of s*** for saying what I've got to say, but I'm going to say it anyway.

Do some of you support NUFC or KKFC? It seems that to a lot of people Keegan is way more important than the club, all those saying that their finished with the club, what the f*** are you on about!?! Perhaps Keegan could set up his own team and you could go and support them instead, seriously I know people are emotional at the moment but get a f***ing grip!!

I like Kevin Keegan, I think he's a great bloke and a decent manager, I think he gets his teams to play football the way it should be played and I'm grateful to him for turning things around for us and getting the club back on its feet. I've also got a huge amount of respect for him for his previous time at NUFC, both as manager and as a player, his arrival in the eighties coinciding with the start of my interest in the club.

But the Kevin Keegan I like exists in reality, he has faults and makes mistakes, I still like him. He's stubborn and forces a situation to the extent that it causes the club a huge amount of damage, I still like him. He says he cares about the fans and the club, but doesn't say anything for three days whilst all kinds of s*** is kicking off to the detriment of the club and the fans - although they don't seem to realise it - when a simple statement from him could have calmed the situation and protected the club from damage, I still like him.

The Kevin Keegan a lot of people seem to worship at the alter of is a myth, he is portrayed as someone who can do no wrong, who is totally selfless and devotes his existence to the furtherance of NUFC with no thought whatsoever to his own well being. He is a god and every word he utters is gospel - even when he contradicts what he said previously - but not only that he is a victim, he is weak and needs protection from the nasty cockneys who were out to get him from the start and are secretly trying to bring us down in the hope that it might benefit Spurs. Keegan is the lord and we will die, or rather kill on his behalf - even if the only thing that dies is the club we're supposed to love.

Now what's going to happen if it turns out that Keegan is not entirely blameless in all this?

Well, I'll still like him.

You on the other hand are left with a choice:

Have your illusion shattered, your idol fallen, your dreams dashed and kneejerk totally to the opposite, forever hating his guts and cursing his name.

or:

Deny reality, continue on with your delusion and pretend things aren't how they really are, shout and scream and bawl out anyone who disagrees with your faith.

Because I'm telling you now, no-one, not even Keegan is blameless in this. They've all played their role in this disaster, but only some of them have stuck around to try and sort it out.

NUFC's still here, you're supposed to be Newcastle supporters, are you going to support it, or what!?!

Hmmm

I think NUFC with KK had the chance to pull its socks up climb a few league places while playing football & entertaining the fans.  This would have been a massive step up from the s*** we have been royally served up by Souness, Roeder & Allerdyce.

They could have backed KK & let him take the club forward for a few seasons and give us the fans a rest from the s***.

After a few semi successful seasons (top 10) Maybe then reasses.

I support NUFC and always will above an individual but iI fell a BIG BIG mistake has been made tonight.

You dont give an artist a brush and say "paint me a picture" but i'm chosing the colours.

How can people on here suggest that KK has been impulsive, it has taken (at least) 3 days to get to this decision. The problems have been brewing since the day Wise was appointed.

The only thing Keegan has been doing over the last few days is making sure he isn't out of pocket by leaving.

He's managed to persuade the club to pay him all his wages despite resigning has he? :rolleyes:  Do me a favour, go and take a walk on the highway with your eye's closed.

It's been well documented that he'd have to pay the club compensation if he walked out, you can bet he's been negotiating his way out of it.

Anyway, I've seen your post about not supporting the club anymore so it was nice knowing you, people like yourself won't be missed. :wave:

Still think your DOF bollocks works ?

Yes, just not with bottlers like Keegan.

we'd better get David Gill or someone at ManU buying players above Alex Fergusons head then . See what he does.

The same players you said "blew your socks off" you mean?

How can people on here suggest that KK has been impulsive, it has taken (at least) 3 days to get to this decision. The problems have been brewing since the day Wise was appointed.

The only thing Keegan has been doing over the last few days is making sure he isn't out of pocket by leaving.

He's managed to persuade the club to pay him all his wages despite resigning has he? :rolleyes:  Do me a favour, go and take a walk on the highway with your eye's closed.

It's been well documented that he'd have to pay the club compensation if he walked out, you can bet he's been negotiating his way out of it.

Anyway, I've seen your post about not supporting the club anymore so it was nice knowing you, people like yourself won't be missed. :wave:

we'd better get David Gill or someone at ManU buying players above Alex Fergusons head then . See what he does.

Mourinho and Jol left for similar reasons.

I know this is a shit situation, I know everyone's upset and I know I'm likely to get a load of shit for saying what I've got to say, but I'm going to say it anyway.

Do some of you support NUFC or KKFC? It seems that to a lot of people Keegan is way more important than the club, all those saying that their finished with the club, what the fuck are you on about!?! Perhaps Keegan could set up his own team and you could go and support them instead, seriously I know people are emotional at the moment but get a fucking grip!!

I like Kevin Keegan, I think he's a great bloke and a decent manager, I think he gets his teams to play football the way it should be played and I'm grateful to him for turning things around for us and getting the club back on its feet. I've also got a huge amount of respect for him for his previous time at NUFC, both as manager and as a player, his arrival in the eighties coinciding with the start of my interest in the club.

But the Kevin Keegan I like exists in reality, he has faults and makes mistakes, I still like him. He's stubborn and forces a situation to the extent that it causes the club a huge amount of damage, I still like him. He says he cares about the fans and the club, but doesn't say anything for three days whilst all kinds of shit is kicking off to the detriment of the club and the fans - although they don't seem to realise it - when a simple statement from him could have calmed the situation and protected the club from damage, I still like him.

The Kevin Keegan a lot of people seem to worship at the alter of is a myth, he is portrayed as someone who can do no wrong, who is totally selfless and devotes his existence to the furtherance of NUFC with no thought whatsoever to his own well being. He is a god and every word he utters is gospel - even when he contradicts what he said previously - but not only that he is a victim, he is weak and needs protection from the nasty cockneys who were out to get him from the start and are secretly trying to bring us down in the hope that it might benefit Spurs. Keegan is the lord and we will die, or rather kill on his behalf - even if the only thing that dies is the club we're supposed to love.

Now what's going to happen if it turns out that Keegan is not entirely blameless in all this?

Have your illusion shattered, your idol fallen, your dreams dashed and kneejerk totally to the opposite, forever hating his guts and cursing his name.

or:

Deny reality, continue on with your delusion and pretend things aren't how they really are, shout and scream and bawl out anyone who disagrees with your faith.

Because I'm telling you now, no-one, not even Keegan is blameless in this. They've all played their role in this disaster, but only some of them have stuck around to try and sort it out.

NUFC's still here, you're supposed to be Newcastle supporters, are you going to support it, or what!?!

Top post

danb, on the face of it it looks professional, but IF you have people making decisions behind KK's back, what the hell is the point in having a manger. Just get a coach in, because that's all he's doing at the minute.

I pray KK stays, I really do.

this was like 20 posts ago, but hey...

I agree that whoever takes on the role will be more of a coach than a manager, but I'm happy with that. The problem in my opinion is simply that the board and the manager need to talk, be fully aware of each others roles etc

Quite obviously this is something neither Mike or Kevin achieved, leaving a massively sour taste.

I know this is a shit situation, I know everyone's upset and I know I'm likely to get a load of shit for saying what I've got to say, but I'm going to say it anyway.

Do some of you support NUFC or KKFC? It seems that to a lot of people Keegan is way more important than the club, all those saying that their finished with the club, what the fuck are you on about!?! Perhaps Keegan could set up his own team and you could go and support them instead, seriously I know people are emotional at the moment but get a fucking grip!!

But the Kevin Keegan I like exists in reality, he has faults and makes mistakes, I still like him. He's stubborn and forces a situation to the extent that it causes the club a huge amount of damage, I still like him. He says he cares about the fans and the club, but doesn't say anything for three days whilst all kinds of shit is kicking off to the detriment of the club and the fans - although they don't seem to realise it - when a simple statement from him could have calmed the situation and protected the club from damage, I still like him.

or:

Seem to have spouted a lot on KK what do you think about Ashley and Co? Curious.

Man Utd is the perfect structure imo.

Fergie employs coaches, physios, nutritionalists etc. He takes no active part in training but directs tactics etc which are implemented by his coaches.

He is then involved in identifying talent at all ages the lets Gill et al do the negotiating. Fergie becomes invovled to seal the deal only or where it is a massive signing to show the intent of the club.

He also gets involved in which kids are retained by the academy.

the word in the statement was player, not players.

I'm pleased you appear to think that it was alright for Dennis Wise and/or his cahoots to buy players above the managers head, and he should just put up with it.

You obviously still think that Ashley knows about football by default in supporting them.

If you supported someone else, like Spurs, I'd say good luck with the "plan".

As you call Keegan a "bottler" please clarify that you would call Alex Ferguson a bottler too if the same thing happened to him at ManU ?

Or Wenger at Arsenal, to name 2.

Whether you think Keegan is to blame in full, partly or is completely blameless, the fact is that Ashley is in charge. His club, his system, his boardroom and managerial appointment(s).

He holds ultimately responsibility for another season wasted and the club being in utter farcical circumstances.

or:

Great post  :thup:

I think I was one of the few that wasn't overjoyed when Keegan came back.  Not because I don't love the bloke for what he's done in the past, but because sooner or later this situation or something similar was inevitable IMO and I didn't want that for the club or Keegan himself.

or:

bit of a straw man argument as you seem to think people assume keegan has no flaws.

but that's wrong - the keegan that nufc fans love is the one that made the "i'd Love it if we beat them, love it" statement, the one we know is emotional and wears his heart on his sleeve. it is this passion and the desire to challenge things head on that has partly caused this situation. people arent denying that - they're just looking at it a  bit more deeply than you are and looking at what caused keegan to go head to head with llambias, rather than just focusing on the act of confrontation itself as if it existed in a vacuum  - without very real problems and underlying issues that, i presume, still exist at the club and will be probably be causing the new man the exact same problems 8 months down the line. similar problems have caused Curbishley to walk out at west ham, or Mourinho to leave Chelsea, or Redknapp to leave Southampton.

Exactly. I don't think KK doesn't have any flaws, he has many and some of them are what make him great but when I see him on the touchline, even when N'Zogbia is at left back or when Damien Duff is allowed to be alive, I support him because no matter what, I always, always believe that he is doing what he feels is best for NUFC. He doesn't let personal stuff get in the way of what he feels is the best thing for the club, he doesn't pick certain players to prove a point and he doesn't let his headstrong attitude ever get in the way of the football club. I can't say that about any other manager I've seen at NUFC (even Sir Bobby, bless him).

He also happens to be a fucking good manager who plays football the way it should be played.

If Arsenal forced Wenger out tomorrow, or Man Utd Fergie, their fans would be just as livid as we are. It's not a case of supporting KK, it's a case of wanting the best man for the job and for me that was KK. If he'd been doing a shit job and had to go, fair enough, but to see him leave for non-footballing reasons, forced out by people who couldn't give a fuck about the club, leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth.

Ironic that we spoke to Redknapp in January too, as you say Johnny. He also left Pompey because of that Croatian bloke in the background, now he's come back, gets to buy his own players and he's doing a far superior job to first time round. Funny that isn't it?

We've just got to pretend this never happened when we play as we can't bring any of this towards the players.  Back the players, make sure Ashley et al know how we feel before and after games and get over it now, somehow.  This club will not end because of one man, but Ashley needs to know that you don't f*** with a nufc legend and hope the b****** f***s off and we get someone in who lets the manager do what he thinks is best.  IF he doesn't f*** off then he needs to appoint a 1st team coach and not a manager.  Yes he saved us from administration but I'm sure someone else would have.  If it works, it works, but I just can't see it at a club like our's we need someone we can love, but also blame.

Guest Howaythetoon

Do some of you support NUFC or KKFC? It seems that to a lot of people Keegan is way more important than the club, all those saying that their finished with the club, what the f*** are you on about!?! Perhaps Keegan could set up his own team and you could go and support them instead, seriously I know people are emotional at the moment but get a f***ing grip!!

Howay Indi, it isn't as simple as that man. NUFC or KK. I doubt you will find any self respecting Toon fan who feels KK is more important than the club, he isn't and never will be. This is why we are so upset, we feel for KK of course but we feel for the club and ourselves more. We will move on from KK, club and fans. But right now our club is broken and our hopes and aspirations are too which is a united football club we can be proud of and have some real faith in. I love the club and always will, the club to me is untouchable. But I have no faith in anyone connected with the club and I can't see a way forward with the people running the show at current whatsoever, at least with KK in charge a man I love, respect, have great faith and trust in I felt there is always a way forward. That's gone and the current lot can do nothing to restore that, nothing. The only answer is for them to follow KK out the door, that's how serious this now is.

Guest Darth Toon

It's all very well talking about what flaws Keegan has but the fact of the matter is that he was brought to the club under false pretenses and was well within his rights to resign. The man has been used by this current board and that cannot be ignored and I for one don't want cunts like that in charge of the club.

Agreed - he's a man of principle, something sadly lacking in football these days.

I still can't get my head around the fact that KK has gone and we still have Dennis Wise at the club. Slimy cockney cunt Dennis fucking Wise stays and KK goes - what the fuck is going on??

Man Utd is the perfect structure imo.

Fergie employs coaches, physios, nutritionalists etc. He takes no active part in training but directs tactics etc which are implemented by his coaches.

He is then involved in identifying talent at all ages the lets Gill et al do the negotiating. Fergie becomes invovled to seal the deal only or where it is a massive signing to show the intent of the club.

He also gets involved in which kids are retained by the academy.

Every manager has the right to choose his own staff and scouting structure.

I guess that'll be the last of Joey Barton as well

Don't forget to add Michael Owen to that. I love NUFC but I think MA has made a masive mistake. Is Wise, Llambias and the other cronies SERIOUSLY interested in NUFC? Me thinks Ashley brought them in as it was jobs for the boys none of them really need the money and none of them have an affinity to our club.

The fans have been robbed and the players will be hard to motivate after this one (and don't say they should as they are professionals). They must all feel this is a Mickey Mouse set-up. We may have bought a few good players but we were close to the drop before and sometime into Keegan's reign and I think we'll be there or there abouts this season too. No Manager in their right mind would want to come into this.

Guest samtoonarmy

I am absoloutley devastated at the news and I cant see any way that we can fix this mess. There is only one man that would have been able to end the 39 years without silverwear, and get this club back where it belongs, and that man is Kevin Keegan. Who do we turn to now? I honestly have no idea

Whether you think Keegan is to blame in full, partly or is completely blameless, the fact is that Ashley is in charge. His club, his system, his boardroom and managerial appointment(s).

He is ultimately responsibility for another season wasted and the club being in utter farcical circumstances.

This.  Another season down the gurgler, I'm loving this new found stability.

the word in the statement was player, not players.

I'm pleased you appear to think that it was alright for Dennis Wise and/or his cahoots to buy players above the managers head, and he should just put up with it.

You obviously still think that Ashley knows about football by default in supporting them.

If you supported someone else, like Spurs, I'd say good luck with the "plan".

As you call Keegan a "bottler" please clarify that you would call Alex Ferguson a bottler too if the same thing happened to him at ManU ?

Or Wenger at Arsenal, to name 2.

You're correct, it does say player.

The only player we signed on a permanent contract on the last day was a Spanish under 21 striker, funnily enough you've been running the club down for it looking like they wouldn't get a striker in as you were sure that was what Keegan wanted, yet now they've got a striker in you're running them down because Keegan has walked away from the club over it.

I don't really give a toss about Wenger or Ferguson, the fact is Keegan was happy to take the job knowing the structure was in place just so he could get his feet under the table, now he's kicking off and issuing him or me ultimatums, he won't be doing that again in a hurry.

Yet again he's walked out on the club again and left us in the shit, for that he can go and fuck himself in future.

or:

Exceptional post Mr Iain, couldn't have put it any better.

The best players we've got will likely leave. It's all the board's fault. You bring in a manager, let him manage. We've got coaches to do coaching, bring in a manager to manage.

This New Board sucks!!

And whichever poster claims none of us had a problem with the current system until KK kicked off, that's BO**CKS!!!! I had problems with it all summer. It's just whenever i raised it people said i was a doomonger. Anyone who doesn't see this as being the fault of the board is in denial if you ask me. Even the board's statement tries to blame KK by saying they were willing to listen to further proposals. This board always tries to save face. Is constantly involved in PR. KK isn't, and if i have to choose whose view to believe, it's KK's every time.

Guest f***thepress

Ashley and his whole sorry crew of cockernee criminals must now leave asap ....their lives will be in danger if they come anywhere near St James ...time to go Ashley you fat fuckin disgrace....