KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I know this is a shit situation, I know everyone's upset and I know I'm likely to get a load of shit for saying what I've got to say, but I'm going to say it anyway.

Do some of you support NUFC or KKFC? It seems that to a lot of people Keegan is way more important than the club, all those saying that their finished with the club, what the fuck are you on about!?! Perhaps Keegan could set up his own team and you could go and support them instead, seriously I know people are emotional at the moment but get a fucking grip!!

I like Kevin Keegan, I think he's a great bloke and a decent manager, I think he gets his teams to play football the way it should be played and I'm grateful to him for turning things around for us and getting the club back on its feet. I've also got a huge amount of respect for him for his previous time at NUFC, both as manager and as a player, his arrival in the eighties coinciding with the start of my interest in the club.

But the Kevin Keegan I like exists in reality, he has faults and makes mistakes, I still like him. He's stubborn and forces a situation to the extent that it causes the club a huge amount of damage, I still like him. He says he cares about the fans and the club, but doesn't say anything for three days whilst all kinds of shit is kicking off to the detriment of the club and the fans - although they don't seem to realise it - when a simple statement from him could have calmed the situation and protected the club from damage, I still like him.

The Kevin Keegan a lot of people seem to worship at the alter of is a myth, he is portrayed as someone who can do no wrong, who is totally selfless and devotes his existence to the furtherance of NUFC with no thought whatsoever to his own well being. He is a god and every word he utters is gospel - even when he contradicts what he said previously - but not only that he is a victim, he is weak and needs protection from the nasty cockneys who were out to get him from the start and are secretly trying to bring us down in the hope that it might benefit Spurs. Keegan is the lord and we will die, or rather kill on his behalf - even if the only thing that dies is the club we're supposed to love.

Now what's going to happen if it turns out that Keegan is not entirely blameless in all this?

Well, I'll still like him.

You on the other hand are left with a choice:

Have your illusion shattered, your idol fallen, your dreams dashed and kneejerk totally to the opposite, forever hating his guts and cursing his name.

or:

Deny reality, continue on with your delusion and pretend things aren't how they really are, shout and scream and bawl out anyone who disagrees with your faith.

Because I'm telling you now, no-one, not even Keegan is blameless in this. They've all played their role in this disaster, but only some of them have stuck around to try and sort it out.

NUFC's still here, you're supposed to be Newcastle supporters, are you going to support it, or what!?!

So, you'll support Ashley?

I fucking wont.

Still love the toon, but i want Ashley out first n foremost.

Are you still here?

I thought you didn't support the club anymore?

Nah, I just don't know where to go from here with Newcastle United, I've really never felt like this before about the club..  I honestly want to just say fuck it and stop caring at this point..  I doubt I can, but at the moment I feel like trying.

Like I said, unable to read or take part in a discussion, keep proving me right kid :lol:

I know this is a shit situation, I know everyone's upset and I know I'm likely to get a load of shit for saying what I've got to say, but I'm going to say it anyway.

Do some of you support NUFC or KKFC? It seems that to a lot of people Keegan is way more important than the club, all those saying that their finished with the club, what the fuck are you on about!?! Perhaps Keegan could set up his own team and you could go and support them instead, seriously I know people are emotional at the moment but get a fucking grip!!

I like Kevin Keegan, I think he's a great bloke and a decent manager, I think he gets his teams to play football the way it should be played and I'm grateful to him for turning things around for us and getting the club back on its feet. I've also got a huge amount of respect for him for his previous time at NUFC, both as manager and as a player, his arrival in the eighties coinciding with the start of my interest in the club.

But the Kevin Keegan I like exists in reality, he has faults and makes mistakes, I still like him. He's stubborn and forces a situation to the extent that it causes the club a huge amount of damage, I still like him. He says he cares about the fans and the club, but doesn't say anything for three days whilst all kinds of shit is kicking off to the detriment of the club and the fans - although they don't seem to realise it - when a simple statement from him could have calmed the situation and protected the club from damage, I still like him.

The Kevin Keegan a lot of people seem to worship at the alter of is a myth, he is portrayed as someone who can do no wrong, who is totally selfless and devotes his existence to the furtherance of NUFC with no thought whatsoever to his own well being. He is a god and every word he utters is gospel - even when he contradicts what he said previously - but not only that he is a victim, he is weak and needs protection from the nasty cockneys who were out to get him from the start and are secretly trying to bring us down in the hope that it might benefit Spurs. Keegan is the lord and we will die, or rather kill on his behalf - even if the only thing that dies is the club we're supposed to love.

Now what's going to happen if it turns out that Keegan is not entirely blameless in all this?

Have your illusion shattered, your idol fallen, your dreams dashed and kneejerk totally to the opposite, forever hating his guts and cursing his name.

or:

Deny reality, continue on with your delusion and pretend things aren't how they really are, shout and scream and bawl out anyone who disagrees with your faith.

Because I'm telling you now, no-one, not even Keegan is blameless in this. They've all played their role in this disaster, but only some of them have stuck around to try and sort it out.

NUFC's still here, you're supposed to be Newcastle supporters, are you going to support it, or what!?!

Superbly put indi. That's exactly what I was trying to get at.  :thup:

How can people on here suggest that KK has been impulsive, it has taken (at least) 3 days to get to this decision. The problems have been brewing since the day Wise was appointed.

The only thing Keegan has been doing over the last few days is making sure he isn't out of pocket by leaving.

And your source is...?

Louise Taylor.

Fucking hell :lol:

or:

bit of a straw man argument as you seem to think people assume keegan has no flaws.

but that's wrong - the keegan that nufc fans love is the one that made the "i'd Love it if we beat them, love it" statement, the one we know is emotional and wears his heart on his sleeve. it is this passion and the desire to challenge things head on that has partly caused this situation. people arent denying that - they're just looking at it a  bit more deeply than you are and looking at what caused keegan to go head to head with llambias, rather than just focusing on the act of confrontation itself as if it existed in a vacuum  - without very real problems and underlying issues that, i presume, still exist at the club and will be probably be causing the new man the exact same problems 8 months down the line. similar problems have caused Curbishley to walk out at west ham, or Mourinho to leave Chelsea, or Redknapp to leave Southampton.

Are you still here?

I thought you didn't support the club anymore?

Nah, I just don't know where to go from here with Newcastle United, I've really never felt like this before about the club..  I honestly want to just say fuck it and stop caring at this point..  I doubt I can, but at the moment I feel like trying.

Like I said, unable to read or take part in a discussion, keep proving me right kid :lol:

You still here?

How can people on here suggest that KK has been impulsive, it has taken (at least) 3 days to get to this decision. The problems have been brewing since the day Wise was appointed.

The only thing Keegan has been doing over the last few days is making sure he isn't out of pocket by leaving.

He's managed to persuade the club to pay him all his wages despite resigning has he? :rolleyes:  Do me a favour, go and take a walk on the highway with your eye's closed.

It's been well documented that he'd have to pay the club compensation if he walked out, you can bet he's been negotiating his way out of it.

Anyway, I've seen your post about not supporting the club anymore so it was nice knowing you, people like yourself won't be missed. :wave:

Still think your DOF bollocks works ?

And your source is...?

Louise Taylor.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=55838.0

I know this is a s*** situation, I know everyone's upset and I know I'm likely to get a load of s*** for saying what I've got to say, but I'm going to say it anyway.

Do some of you support NUFC or KKFC? It seems that to a lot of people Keegan is way more important than the club, all those saying that their finished with the club, what the f*** are you on about!?! Perhaps Keegan could set up his own team and you could go and support them instead, seriously I know people are emotional at the moment but get a f***ing grip!!

But the Kevin Keegan I like exists in reality, he has faults and makes mistakes, I still like him. He's stubborn and forces a situation to the extent that it causes the club a huge amount of damage, I still like him. He says he cares about the fans and the club, but doesn't say anything for three days whilst all kinds of s*** is kicking off to the detriment of the club and the fans - although they don't seem to realise it - when a simple statement from him could have calmed the situation and protected the club from damage, I still like him.

or:

Hmmm

I think NUFC with KK had the chance to pull its socks up climb a few league places while playing football & entertaining the fans.  This would have been a massive step up from the SHIT we have been royally served up by Souness, Roeder & Allerdyce.

They could have backed KK & let him take the club forward for a few seasons and give us the fans a rest from the shit.

After a few semi successful seasons (top 10) Maybe then reasses.

I support NUFC and always will above an individual but iI fell a BIG BIG mistake has been made tonight.

You dont give an artist a brush and say "paint me a picture" but i'm chosing the colours.

He's managed to persuade the club to pay him all his wages despite resigning has he? :rolleyes:  Do me a favour, go and take a walk on the highway with your eye's closed.

It's been well documented that he'd have to pay the club compensation if he walked out, you can bet he's been negotiating his way out of it.

Anyway, I've seen your post about not supporting the club anymore so it was nice knowing you, people like yourself won't be missed. :wave:

Yes, just not with bottlers like Keegan.

or:

I totally agree. The guy is a human being with faults, not some kind of god.

It's interesting that a lot of people were saying that things were going well, and then all because KK doesn't like it, Ashley and his cronies are incompetents and crooks etc.

Guest spudder

Anyone here think KK may return within a year as part of a group who have bought Ashley out? Not as manager but just as part of the group?

Anyone here think KK may return within a year as part of a group who have bought Ashley out? Not as manager but just as part of the group?

No.

After the way he stormed out on the club this time and left it in limbo for 3 days nobody would go near him.

And your source is...?

Louise Taylor.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=55838.0

Cant believe how few people have actually cottoned on. I was her biggest critic and hater over the summer but i've held my hands up and said she was fucking right all along.

But the Kevin Keegan I like exists in reality, he has faults and makes mistakes, I still like him. He's stubborn and forces a situation to the extent that it causes the club a huge amount of damage, I still like him. He says he cares about the fans and the club, but doesn't say anything for three days whilst all kinds of s*** is kicking off to the detriment of the club and the fans - although they don't seem to realise it - when a simple statement from him could have calmed the situation and protected the club from damage, I still like him.

Cracking paragraph, that. Totally agree about the bit in bold too. The club have rightfully been criticised for their silence, but Keegan's been equally mute. I think making the statement through the LMA rather than actually telling the club he's walking and doing it that way is bang out of order as well by the way.

If potential investors see the level of support Keegan has, they'd probably be keen to make an approach.

However, Keegan might not be so keen to take the job again after being humiliated.

or:

I totally agree. The guy is a human being with faults, not some kind of god.

It's interesting that a lot of people were saying that things were going well, and then all because KK doesn't like it, Ashley and his cronies are incompetents and crooks etc.

Agree with the pair of you.

If potential investors see the level of support Keegan has, they'd probably be keen to make an approach.

However, Keegan might not be so keen to take the job again after being humiliated.

Aye, I think he's done.

I'm devastated that Keegan has gone.

Some random thoughts as I am not too coherent at the moment...

Ashley has insisted all along that Keegan had the final word on players bought in and sold.  The events in the last few days show that was obviously not the case.  The fact that they were trying to sell players without his knowledge completely underminded him.  I don't have a problem with potential signings being identified for Keegan as long as he had the final say.  To be trying to sell players at the end of the transfer window when we are desperately short of players, seems ludricous.  How could they have been replaced in time?  Where is the left back KK was desperate for?

It seems to be that their policy is to sell players to buy cheaper models.  That may reduce expenditure but it won't progress the team.

If everyone is up for sale, it makes me think that players like Given and Harper could be on their way - they are on good wages for goalkeepers maybe that is why we are constantly linked with South American goalkeepers.  For such loyal players to hear any player was available must be demoralising.  It makes it sound like a firesale and we desperately need the money.

As someone who goes to every game home and away, I feel really confused.  I signed up for the 3 year deal after much deliberation because I was suspicious of the motives behiind it.  I would like to protest in some way but I still want to see my team play.  What to do - I don't know.

I dislike the lack of communication with the supporters and even the media.  Mort seemed OK but I don't think this Llambias fellow has uttered a word in public.  How on earth can all the board members continually hide behind a wall of silence? 

Ashley said he wanted to model the club on Arsenal but Wenger would not put up with this.

If Poyet was made manager - would his mate Wise, not let him have any say in player acquisitions?

I cannot imagine any British manager wanting the job.  We will probably get some Spanish bloke in who cannot speak English - and even less communication with the fans.

It is just a mess and yet again this Club breaks my heart.

Guest apple79

For me the biggest disappointment isnt Keegan leaving its the club being at square one the players will be demotivated and likely struggle or play dull football, the fans will be pissed off, the next manager is likely to be clueless and we are made to look mugs again.....

ive only just started to feel optimistic  since keegan joined we were heading in the right direction we got spiderman and collocini and we were all enjoying match days.

For me i fear all that will be lost and it will take a long time to return just like after bobby keegan is simply someone i respected who has gone but the consequences of keegan leaving are a much greater pain

Yes, just not with bottlers like Keegan.

we'd better get David Gill or someone at ManU buying players above Alex Fergusons head then . See what he does.