KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If the club's bigger than any player, then it's bigger than any manager too, so please let's not talk of turning our backs on NUFC. To be sure this is a shocking and tragic episode, but if KK's tenure was going to have a bad ending (as has seemed almost inevitable over the past few days), then it's better that it's happened now than a couple of tumultuous weeks or months down the track.

God only knows who will take over the manager's role (surely Ashley wouldn't / couldn't give it to Wise?), but imo there's some wisdom in the saying that "the graveyards are full of indispensable men", and I feel that we now need to throw whatever support we can muster behind whoever is foolish, brave, or desperate enough to pick up the poison chalice.

As hard as it might be in the heat of this awful moment, I think it's also worth remembering that many of us (myself included) weren't convinced that KK's return was such a great idea in the first place, partly because we feared it might again end in tears (even if nobody could have foreseen this specific disaster), and partly because we felt that there might be more suitable (albeit less romantic) candidates to choose from. Ashley and co now have to start on the long road to redeeming themselves by finding just such a candidate.

Top post my friend.

People have to be rational here.

This reaction is embarrassing.

The media are loving it.

To think Ashley was the one that brought the man back in the first place. I am pretty sure he did his best to make things work.

Keegan is out of order.

God knows what clubs wanted for the players Keegan wanted? Should Ashley have brought them in regardless? Just because Keegan demanded it?

I'm sure they tried, but if not possible then surely they had to look at other options making use of a quality scouting network?

He was given good players, who he was getting the best out of and things had started out brilliantly and he still wasn't happy.

It's not an ideal world, things aren't always perfect, sometimes you have to show a little faith and be out of your comfort zone a little bit.

Keegan didn't give it enough of a chance for me. At least he could have waited to see if thes players were bad or if it was too difficult to work with them, or if the team was faltering badly because of them.

Keegan bailed out way too quickly for me. I honestly don't think the board had any bad intentions whatsoever.

Guest Geordiesned

I see the official site is still completely blank.

Fucking gutless twats.

I'm getting more and more angry the longer they take.

My head's in a spin.

Undoubtedly, IMO, there has to be a protest but what form that takes is the question.

These are the options nufc.com had on earlier (all of which were emailed to them and were before confirmation that Kev had gone came through):

We're aware that various other options are being debated amongst the supporter community at present, including:

a) delaying entry into the stadium until well after kickoff.

b) boycott of club merchandise and food/drink sales.

c) attendance at game without wearing NUFC shirts.

d) leaflet/card protest at some point during the game.

As they say, I don't see how a full boycott will affect them. Season tickets are already paid for so not turning up at all when you have one won't mean a thing to the NUFC coffers. Obviously that's personal choice but for me I can't turn my back on my club. We have to win it back.

He's resigned ffs, what the fuck is a protest going to do? "Show em". I understand how upset everyone is but a protest is just going to make things worse.

Yep let's just turn up and pretend nothing has happened and stick our heads in the sand.

What a load of fucking shite!

I think now we should get behind the players. just us and the players thats all that matters now.

do you think the likes of given, butt, harper and taylor will be wanting to get 3 points for their new manager dennis wise/gus poyet/some other cockney muppet?

i emailed Setanta and they read up my email "Magpie from Sweden" No work tomorrow. Never thought they would read it up. Almost got a smile there on my face...

So what did you write then?

And whereabouts do you live?

I wrote "Is there a future? Feels like..........To be honest it cannot be described it with words. No work tomorrow :("

Im from Borås, where are you from?

How on earth do you manage to get Setanta then? I take it you're currently living in the UK?

I'm from Ängelholm by the way.

And to get back on the topic, words can not express how I feel at the moment. I can't help feeling a bit betrayed. We were given this great man by Ashley to give us success and the football we all like to see. And for what? Just for it to be taken away barely eight months later.

Well there's one other way seeing it even if you dont live in the UK. But im not allowed to say how, but i can imagine you know how..

Guest Anth.Nufc

I think now we should get behind the players. just us and the players thats all that matters now.

do you think the likes of given, butt, harper and taylor will be wanting to get 3 points for their new manager dennis wise/gus poyet/some other cockney muppet?

No but they will for us.

I reckon that's me done now. The last few years as a Newcastle United supporter have been fucking horrendous and this is the straw that broke the camels back. Things were just starting to look up but Fat Mike and his cockney rebels have ripped the heart out of this great football club.

Everything that represents Newcastle United has been destroyed for me - the fans no longer mean anything to the club, the man in charge has more interest in making money from the club rather than having a genuine passion for making it a success, the manager who means more to us than any other has been forced out.

Not a single penny of my money will go to Newcastle United while this lot are in charge. Fuck em!

Keegan didn't give it enough of a chance for me. At least he could have waited to see if thes players were bad or if it was too difficult to work with them, or if the team was faltering badly because of them.

Don't talk shit. Who the fuck do you think gets the blame if they're shite?

How often do we say of a new manager "he needs time to get his own team together" and you reckon that he shouldn't get the opportunity at all? Give your head a fucking shake.

Well seeing as taylor is a cockney......

COMPLETELY GUTTED!!!!!

WISE OUT!!! WHAT A FUCKING LAUGHING STOCK OUR CLUB IS! I'M SO ASHAMED!!

!!FUCK!!!!FUCK!!!!FUCK!!!!FUCK!!!!FUCK!!!!FUCK!!!!FUCK!!!!FUCK!!!!FUCK!!!!FUCK!!

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Don't think we shouldn't go to the match as the team need the support and we need the 3 points but in maybe sounding slightly hypocritical no one should go in the ground or seats till 3.15.  Give the world the visual protest of an empty ground, then back the team and then following the final whistle a sit in protest.

Mike Ashley needs to sell up and piss off. We don't know the full facts and we all know what KK can be like. But, given what Ashley has done no manager or player in their right mind would come or stay with us. Ashley has shown himself to be a pig headed stuff you all character who when pushed will dig his heels in regardless of the consequences. The fact that KK has felt compelled to resign says it all for me.

I only hope that this was part of Ashley's plan and that he has done this to invite a takeover bid. How the fuck are the players going to perform? They will be sick & the atmosphere at games will be more hostile than it has ever been; this is not a situation that will go away while Ashley remains. Somethings you don't forgive. Twat.

Guest justin99.

It's also worth noting that booing/heckling Ashley at the match is probably one of the worst ideas ever.

why?

It's guaranteed to happen.

what will ashley do? sell all the players and burn down St James'?

i'm sure he'll be expecting alot of criticism

i understand the reaction of some people, but this is just stupid

I see the official site is still completely blank.

Fucking gutless twats.

I'm getting more and more angry the longer they take.

My head's in a spin.

Undoubtedly, IMO, there has to be a protest but what form that takes is the question.

These are the options nufc.com had on earlier (all of which were emailed to them and were before confirmation that Kev had gone came through):

We're aware that various other options are being debated amongst the supporter community at present, including:

a) delaying entry into the stadium until well after kickoff.

b) boycott of club merchandise and food/drink sales.

c) attendance at game without wearing NUFC shirts.

d) leaflet/card protest at some point during the game.

As they say, I don't see how a full boycott will affect them. Season tickets are already paid for so not turning up at all when you have one won't mean a thing to the NUFC coffers. Obviously that's personal choice but for me I can't turn my back on my club. We have to win it back.

He's resigned ffs, what the fuck is a protest going to do? "Show em". I understand how upset everyone is but a protest is just going to make things worse.

Yep let's just turn up and pretend nothing has happened and stick our heads in the sand.

What a load of fucking shite!

I'm just worried about the club imploding and getting relegated. As i said earlier, i''m a bit wobbly about this myself, completely gutted about the mess the club is in. I just dont think anything is going to change though.

I'm not back untill the home games in October so i dont suppose it matters what i think.

If the club's bigger than any player, then it's bigger than any manager too, so please let's not talk of turning our backs on NUFC. To be sure this is a shocking and tragic episode, but if KK's tenure was going to have a bad ending (as has seemed almost inevitable over the past few days), then it's better that it's happened now than a couple of tumultuous weeks or months down the track.

God only knows who will take over the manager's role (surely Ashley wouldn't / couldn't give it to Wise?), but imo there's some wisdom in the saying that "the graveyards are full of indispensable men", and I feel that we now need to throw whatever support we can muster behind whoever is foolish, brave, or desperate enough to pick up the poison chalice.

As hard as it might be in the heat of this awful moment, I think it's also worth remembering that many of us (myself included) weren't convinced that KK's return was such a great idea in the first place, partly because we feared it might again end in tears (even if nobody could have foreseen this specific disaster), and partly because we felt that there might be more suitable (albeit less romantic) candidates to choose from. Ashley and co now have to start on the long road to redeeming themselves by finding just such a candidate.

Top post my friend.

The media are loving it.

To think Ashley was the one that brought the man back in the first place. I am pretty sure he did his best to make things work.

Keegan is out of order.

God knows what clubs wanted for the players Keegan wanted? Should Ashley have brought them in regardless? Just because Keegan demanded it?

I'm sure they tried, but if not possible then surely they had to look at other options making use of a quality scouting network?

He was given good players, who he was getting the best out of and things had started out brilliantly and he still wasn't happy.

It's not an ideal world, things aren't always perfect, sometimes you have to show a little faith and be out of your comfort zone a little bit.

Keegan bailed out way too quickly for me. I honestly don't think the board had any bad intentions whatsoever.

Are you really an NUFC fan or a mackem on a wind up??

Top post my friend.

The media are loving it.

Keegan is out of order.

Some sense amid the hysteria. What good do people think protests and boycotts are going to do? KK aint coming back. Trying to get Ashley out will just damage the club and the team. For me the new setup was going in the right direction and I hope we get a manager who can work with it.

This setup we tried to install is for the most part, very succesful on the continent, where teams are so much better at identifying talent and bringing this talent through, before selling this talent to the premier league mugs for outrageous prices.

All day I've heard Englishmen saying it never works. Way too stuck in their own ways, and not open minded to change or evolving.

Manager and manager only.

4-4-2 and 4-4-2 only.

Gerrard in centre midfield. Players in one position and one position only.

etc etc etc.

Very frustrating.

1. Go to the game as normal.

2. Get into your seat as normal.

3. Support the team, and give Ashley and his crew a barrage of shit for 90mins.

4. Leave as normal, and give 3 another going outside SJP for an hour or three.

:thup: