KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i just hope ashley is trying to work it out, even if keegan has walked, ashley should crawl over broken glass to get him back, even if it means sacking wise and co. if keegan's resigned then he must have felt forced into a corner with only one way out, most likely down to the poor transfer window and lack of control. in which case it is a disgrace.

if he has been sacked, then i'm gobsmacked, really cant understand it. maybe keegan said 'it is wise or me' and ashley's made the wrong decision.

just want some confirmation either way

If Keegan has walked over transfer disagreements then I'm inclined to blame him for this mess to be honest.

The players that the recruitment team have brought in have been good ones, and Keegan has used his enthusiasm and motivational skills to get them playing well. I would have thought he would have been happy with that situation.

FFS the hysteria is getting a bit much. Ashley’s aim of getting young good players in and developing the club gradually was always going to clash with Keegans approach. I was disappointed with KK being appointed and although he did impress me as a man I still think the club can be better off long term with someone else.

Guest graemeh72

praised their first managerial appoinment, praised the signings, he thinks they're doing a good job ;D

Fat Fred probably knows that he'd have his fat arse sued off if he slagged off the new owners .... it'll be in his contact ... probably

People aren't going to like this but Mike Ashley has had the right to do whatever he likes since he bought the club and wiped out the crippling debt that was hamstringing it, if he feels that the club wasn't going to move forward as he wants it to under Keegan than the sooner he acted the better.  If Ashley wants profit then he will only get it by making the club successful and reaping the rewards of pleasing the public, if he wants pure success then he has to do it the way he sees is right.  At the end of the day he isn't stupid, he is a self made billionaire.  The fans have to stay together on this but lets not ready the lynchmob before we know what has happened.

You have to feel sorry for Xisco mind, he must think thousands of lads with kappa tracky bottoms gather outside of the ground everyday.

TO be honest FFS hasn't said anything bad on Sky, hasn't made an arse of himself yet.

That reporter is a tosser though "DO you think Kevin got a bit emotional over the transfer window" - what a twat

He is a Mackem.David Jones.

Red tie on white shirt ftw, nice for today

:razz:

FFS the hysteria is getting a bit much. Ashleys aim of getting young good players in and developing the club gradually was always going to clash with Keegans approach. I was disappointed with KK being appointed and although he did impress me as a man I still think the club can be better off long term with someone else.

I'm just disappointed with KK as a manager if he has walked out. If he was too short sighted to see we were moving in the right direction he isn't the man I thought he was.

The first KK era was amazing, but again we were shocked by a sudden walk-out. Keegan has done a lot for this club, but he has also let us down before, to a certain extent.

Why now though?! That's what I don't get. If KK wasn't happy with the way things are run, he's had all summer to walk out. If Ashley doesn't like KK's stance on Barton etc he's had weeks to sack him.

This basically ruins yet another season and probably another summer's worth of business.

I reckon the atmosphere for the Hull game might be worse than the Portsmouth/Liverpool matches last year. I'm predicting Owen will get the pantomime treatment if he hasn't signed by then (and I wouldn't blame him if he didn't)

Why now though?! That's what I don't get. If KK wasn't happy with the way things are run, he's had all summer to walk out. If Ashley doesn't like KK's stance on Barton etc he's had weeks to sack him.

This basically ruins yet another season and probably another summer's worth of business.

Not really seeing as the people that scouted and signed the players are all still at the club.