Who Do You Want As Keegan's Replacement?

Tooj

Even if he sells tomorrow the sale will take months won't it? It didn't for him as he didn't do any due diligence, but it will take more than days for everything to happen. More like months.

We're going to be without a manager for ages - I would bet on past the end of the year. By which time we'll be floundering in the relegation zone.

Or will  we? Can you honestly see the players rallying themselves? they're more likely to be hoying in transfer requests from all over the world where they recover from their latest "injuries".

Even if he sells tomorrow the sale will take months won't it? It didn't for him as he didn't do any due diligence, but it will take more than days for everything to happen. More like months.

We're going to be without a manager for ages - I would bet on past the end of the year. By which time we'll be floundering in the relegation zone.

Or will  we? Can you honestly see the players rallying themselves? they're more likely to be hoying in transfer requests from all over the world where they recover from their latest "injuries".

The Citeh takeover was pretty quick wasn't it?

Indeed, I can only hope Ashley sells as soon as possible so we can get a new man in. No manager in their right mind would come to us now when the owner wants out.

I honestly don't think he'll hang around. If he feels as strongly about it as the statement makes out, he'll be desperately trying to flog the club before the next home game.

Does nobody else think that maybe, just maybe, he isn't going to sell, but he's put out this statement in the hope that it will get people off his back and it will all eventually blow over.

Yep...I can only hope so...

Indeed, I can only hope Ashley sells as soon as possible so we can get a new man in. No manager in their right mind would come to us now when the owner wants out.

I honestly don't think he'll hang around. If he feels as strongly about it as the statement makes out, he'll be desperately trying to flog the club before the next home game.

I think he cares about making a profit on the sale more though, he'll not take a loss just to allow us to move on. He's a tough negoiator, but it's a dangerous game he'll be playing as if we go down, which is extremely likely if the current mangerial situation is allowed to continue for too long, he'll stand to lose millions.

At this moment in time we are in a horrible position, I doubt Ashley is thinking about anything other than whats best for him right now, not that I blame him for that but that might not be in the clubs best interests.

Does nobody else think that maybe, just maybe, he isn't going to sell, but he's put out this statement in the hope that it will get people off his back and it will all eventually blow over.

If you read the full statement, he certainly leaves the door open to staying on. I doubt it is a ploy though to garner support, if it is it's not been fully thought out.

I would not be totally shocked to see Ashley still in charge come May 2009.

Yes but his statements about not doing due diligence and finding a mess will no doubt lead to a proper look at the books and that's not going to take a day or two. If they decide to look back over a few years then God help us - they won't just come in like he did and say "Ok we'll take it off your hands Mikey".

Anyway how do we know how long the Man City buyout took? Could that be why the players and manager decided to stick around when all looked extremely dodgy?

Yes but his statements about not doing due diligence and finding a mess will no doubt lead to a proper look at the books and that's not going to take a day or two. If they decide to look back over a few years then God help us - they won't just come in like he did and say "Ok we'll take it off your hands Mikey".

Anyway how do we know how long the Man City buyout took? Could that be why the players and manager decided to stick around when all looked extremely dodgy?

Man City takeover's not been completed yet by all accounts, apparently they don't even have a legally binding agreement with Thaskin to buy his shares.

Man City takeover's not been completed yet by all accounts, apparently they don't even have a legally binding agreement with Thaskin to buy his shares.

If they pulled out of the deal for whatever reason, I wonder who would be stuck with the bill for Robinho?

If they pulled out of the deal for whatever reason, I wonder who would be stuck with the bill for Robinho?

Who knows, who cares!?! For a few days they would might could wouldn't have been the richest club in the world and that's all that matters isn't it!?!

Fuck the future, it's irrelevant!!

Or so I'm told.

If you can pay his wages, you know Erikson will <3 to be back : ) (not my choice though)

Isn't Sven sitting on a beach in Cancun, occasionally putting pants on to beat the ever loving shit out of Panama and Honduras?

He's going to give that up?

If you can pay his wages, you know Erikson will <3 to be back : ) (not my choice though)

Isn't Sven sitting on a beach in Cancun, occasionally putting pants on to beat the ever loving s*** out of Panama and Honduras?

He's going to give that up?

nope because cancun is actually a really horrible city. apart from that, you are probably correct

Tbf I think Brucey is a decent manager, spends his money well. (Bramble obvious exception) But we can attract better.

i'm sure it was hutchings who signed bramble like, poor bruce though having to endure a titus OG within the first 30 seconds of his first game in charge