Who Do You Want As Keegan's Replacement?

Tooj

Well I was talking to Oldtype, you weren't supposed to get the point. ;)

Oldtype said it may have been down to lack of quality in the Sth Korean side, I pointed out they'd looked good 4 years earlier under another manager. (Though it might have been 11 different players, don't know about that.)

Well I was talking to Oldtype, you weren't supposed to get the point. ;)

Oldtype said it may have been down to lack of quality in the Sth Korean side, I pointed out they'd looked good 4 years earlier under another manager. (Though it might have been 11 different players, don't know about that.)

If you don't want other people to read it PM him then.

Guest WashyGeordie

What about Roy Keane

From Setanta

Keane’s long-term future with The Black Cats still has an element of doubt surrounding it as the former Manchester United midfielder is yet to sign a new contract with his current deal expiring at the end of the current campaign.

The Sunderland boss insists there are no problematic issues with the ongoing negotiations though.

"There is no problem," Keane continued. "You negotiate. I step back and focus on trying to win football matches and getting this football club to another level and I let my solicitor deal with that side of things.

"It might happen tomorrow, it might happen at Christmas, it might happen at the end of the season.

I'd personally love it if Keane came here.

Won't happen though.

So would I, so i don't have to hear another chorus of "Keano, he wanks his dog..." :tickedoff:

Keane is probably the manager I disklikes most. Would never want him here.

People think Shearer isn't cut out for the job but they'd take Keane?  :kasper:

I was joking...

Say we hit the jackpot with our new ownership and had someone who wanted to bankroll the club, I'm not too sure that we could persuade a top top manager to come here at this stage of things, and any half decent manager from abroad may find it difficult to settle into the team in it's current state.

In that case, I'd seriously look at Steve Bruce. He isn't the complete manager, but he is a good manager, and has proven that he has the eye for a good player, and can make good players from home and abroad want to play for him. He'd settle the team towards midtable in the first season (this season) by getting the best out of Owen, Colo and Gutierrez, and then with some genuinely decent money, I could see him getting similarly good performances out of quality new players. He may not get the club punching above a certain level, but if he doesn't he'd make an excellent medium ter interim (ie 2-3 seasons) for the next guy.

Say we hit the jackpot with our new ownership and had someone who wanted to bankroll the club, I'm not too sure that we could persuade a top top manager to come here at this stage of things, and any half decent manager from abroad may find it difficult to settle into the team in it's current state.

In that case, I'd seriously look at Steve Bruce. He isn't the complete manager, but he is a good manager, and has proven that he has the eye for a good player, and can make good players from home and abroad want to play for him. He'd settle the team towards midtable in the first season (this season) by getting the best out of Owen, Colo and Gutierrez, and then with some genuinely decent money, I could see him getting similarly good performances out of quality new players. He may not get the club punching above a certain level, but if he doesn't he'd make an excellent medium ter interim (ie 2-3 seasons) for the next guy.

I would agree with that.I wouldnt be disapointed with Bruce at all esp if he could bring the likes of Valencia,Scharner,Palacios..........also that Titus Bramble guy looks promising  :laugh2:

Bramble for England.

With the whole Roy Keane shouts, on a more serious note I wouldn't stomach him being at my club, I've lost all respect for him as a human being for what he did do that Man City guy. Disgusting tbh, and I can never respect him.

Was thinking earlier, if Joe Kinnear does well, how would people feel about the possibility of Shearer + Kinnear (as no.2 / mentor etc.)?

I'd have to get the gun out, then I'd be left with the decision as to whether shoot them or myself.

Was thinking earlier, if Joe Kinnear does well, how would people feel about the possibility of Shearer + Kinnear (as no.2 / mentor etc.)?

I'd have to get the gun out, then I'd be left with the decision as to whether shoot them or myself.

agreed

• 2 weeks later...

Not saying i'd want him but i'll bet Hughes will be out of a job by Summer 09 at least.

Agreed he was taken on before the takeover and with big money takeovers always comes a chairman's friend at DoF and World class manager at Coach position

Can see the new owners trying to entice rijkaard. would be one of the best options, hiddink might also figure although neither would likely be interested. if joe is doing well i wont mind keeping him on until the end of the season or until we have taken the right amount of time to pick the right man to lead us.

I know that we backed off them alot in the second half especially, but i think that West Brom played with some decent style, with more technically proficient players at his disposal i genuinely think Mowbray could do a good job here.

He seems to have them playing a decent brand of football just minus the quality of player to make it count.

I know that we backed off them alot in the second half especially, but i think that West Brom played with some decent style, with more technically proficient players at his disposal i genuinely think Mowbray could do a good job here.

He seems to have them playing a decent brand of football just minus the quality of player to make it count.

One could argue that he's horribly misguided, trying to play that kind of football with the resources at his disposal.