IMPORTANT: Pre-Hull Meeting?

Heron

I'll be amazed if this goes ahead.

Why's that?

I just cant see the organization in place personally

people said similar about the march pre man united last season, which was set up in a bout a week iirc, and it went well.

i hope it happens and everyone gets behind it.

seen a few ideas floated over on .com.

one was a fan walk-out were by home fans would boycott the match for the first half in protest at the way the club is being run.

the above idea is very european ultra-esque and at half time all the fans pile in and sing non-stop in support of the club.

i propose that all fans back such a motion, with one representative (possibly from the ultras) volunteering to go in and hang a banner over the balcony with the words...

Newcastle United - A Football Club, Not A Soap Opera.

if everyone did this walk-out it would send a powerful message through to the board that the current circus act at our club is not acceptable.

obviously we need to get all the fanzines, local papers, forum boards on side. its time something was done. turning up for hull and supporting the team just like its a normal match would do f*** all

all opinions welcome

They've paid to get in. Walking out early wouldn't achieve anything.

What would the reaction be if we were leading at the point of the mass exit and went on to lose the game?  :undecided:

worded that wrong. its the first 10mins or even first half.  then everyone piles in 2nd half. half time banner unfurled to show our disgust.

owners come and go... (huge banner with keegan)...heroes last forever

Coming into the ground late is as bad as leaving it early. What if we were 0-3 down at HT?

Any significant banner wouldn't be allowed through the gates.

Doing something constructive isn't going to be easy...

If hidden in a big however.... they rarely check bags, i should know.

If you want to try to smuggle it in then that's up to you. Still can't see what good it will do though.  ???

What's most worrying is that people aren't thinking clearly about this. A walk out, walk in, a boycott, etc is NOT going to help. In these shitty times we need to get behind the lads more than ever, it may just carry them over the finish line.

wont that make the likes of ashley think we will just put up with what ever happens?  and get on with supporting the team etc? doing what people have suggested shows we have had enough of the shit and its long over due (including the old regime too!) that something major happened, now is that time.

OK, unfortunately being in Australia its hard for me to participate, but heres my opinion none-the-less...

A march is a good idea as long as it is well organised.  If it is just a rabble walking down the street the city council and the police will quickly shut it down and nothing will come of it other than being picked up on the news as being a riot.

The march needs to have a single message that is easy for Ashley to understand and act on if you want to achieve anything.  Any calling for Ashley to leave is not going to make things better and could make them a whole lot worse.

If a well organised and controlled march was done that ended at SJP before the game but didn't enter the game until 10 minutes after it started, it would get excellent coverage and be well respected as a unified fan's action.  If that march carried a single message like "Sack Wise, Sack Llambias" there is a good chance of at least one (if not both) of them getting fired as it is something Ashley can do without too much grief.  It is also something he can spin (a bit like FFS used to do) to make himself look like he's a man of the people.

seen a few ideas floated over on .com.

one was a fan walk-out were by home fans would boycott the match for the first half in protest at the way the club is being run.

the above idea is very european ultra-esque and at half time all the fans pile in and sing non-stop in support of the club.

i propose that all fans back such a motion, with one representative (possibly from the ultras) volunteering to go in and hang a banner over the balcony with the words...

Newcastle United - A Football Club, Not A Soap Opera.

if everyone did this walk-out it would send a powerful message through to the board that the current circus act at our club is not acceptable.

obviously we need to get all the fanzines, local papers, forum boards on side. its time something was done. turning up for hull and supporting the team just like its a normal match would do f*** all

all opinions welcome

They've paid to get in. Walking out early wouldn't achieve anything.

What would the reaction be if we were leading at the point of the mass exit and went on to lose the game?  :undecided:

worded that wrong. its the first 10mins or even first half.  then everyone piles in 2nd half. half time banner unfurled to show our disgust.

owners come and go... (huge banner with keegan)...heroes last forever

Coming into the ground late is as bad as leaving it early. What if we were 0-3 down at HT?

Any significant banner wouldn't be allowed through the gates.

Doing something constructive isn't going to be easy...

If hidden in a big however.... they rarely check bags, i should know.

I help put the TU banners up every match, the stewards all know us and let us through with any banners we want.

Just been an advert on Metro "Come on everyone! It's time to come along and cheer the lads along against Hull City! Come and see Newcastle United tame the Tigers. Rarrrr! Buy your ticket now from the box office or online!" :lol:

It was far too cheerful for today's current mood.

Guest Howaythetoon

People saying we need to get behind the lads etc. we do that all the fucking time, what good has it done us. Fuck the players, they are grown ups and I'm sure whatever happens won't effect their lives like what has happened to our club this past week has effected ours. They will still live, get their wages and live to fight another day, we need to act and to send out a strong message that enough is enough and if that means we leave the stadium at half-time, don't turn up at all, come in late, leave early or spend 890 minutes hurling abuse at the board then so fucking be it. This isn't about the players this is about Newcastle United which is bigger than the players or 3 points or a poxy fixture against Hull. Our season is already knacked and those players half of them will see this past week as their chance to escape the football graveyard that is NUFC.

I agree HTT, players are professionals and would support a change of regime after losing the boss they all wanted. Their minds will still be placed on the Hull game and we are lucky we are playing the shittest team at this time. nufc.com have listed some good options and it's important that ONE of them is backed by everyone to make a stand. Yes 3 points is all that matters everytime, however the general progression and ownership of the club as in question here, and that needs to be adressed quicker than a performance against Hull City.

Guest Beachcomber

So what do you want the result of the protests to be ?

There are two outcomes to this!

Ashley rides out the anger and we all come back as chastised kids after our protest

or

We see a march/boycott as the start of a campaign to drive Ashley and his Cockney Barrow boys out of the club.

There is no middle ground!

You stand up to ruthless bully boys or they will drive you down!

I'd say a mass demonstration before the game outside SJP or everyone gets in early and holds it inside.

Then another mass demonstration after the game.

I know talksport are covering the game live, I would take a stab at Five Live doing so too so a vocal demonstration is important if you want to cover that media.

Even a half time protest - no-one leaving their seats just 15 minutes of pure demonstration.

During the game itself though I'd vote for getting 100% behind the 11 players on the pitch. Show everyone where the frustrations lie.

in terms of impact, having a mass walkout after 5 or 10 mins of the game would be effective, every radio channel would switch to it, as would the news and various sports channels, while the images from within the ground would be beamed out worldwide

Guest Brewcastle

in terms of impact, having a mass walkout after 5 or 10 mins of the game would be effective, every radio channel would switch to it, as would the news and various sports channels, while the images from within the ground would be beamed out worldwide

To get attention. That's a good idéa! But how many will walkout when they inside, match started and Toon have taken the lead?

To get attention. That's a good idéa! But how many will walkout when they inside, match started and Toon have taken the lead?

that's true