Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

:lol: He can't even lift the ball off the ground

It is us who should be getting compensation.

He was running at goal through the centre and their defenders for some reason departed and what did Jonas do with space opening up for a shot? He tried to play Beye in down the flank which they cut out.

I've saying it for months now...he's total s***, apart from a bit of tracking back/running around. Like the crap player in the school team.

He was running at goal through the centre and their defenders for some reason departed and what did Jonas do with space opening up for a shot? He tried to play Beye in down the flank which they cut out.

I've saying it for months now...he's total s***, apart from a bit of tracking back/running around. Like the crap player in the school team.

only midfielder we've got who can go past a defender. his problem is in looking for runs instead of lumping it in the middle.

only midfielder we've got who can go past a defender. his problem is in looking for runs instead of lumping it in the middle.

I don't care if he goes past all the defenders on the death star he's still shit.

Whilst I'm not saying he's a great player, I think part of the problem is that he's consistently played on the left when he's right footed. Then everyone bitches on about his poor delivery.

If we played him on the right he'd have a much better chance of being able to put a decent ball into the box. Not saying he WOULD put a better ball in but at least we'd get a better idea of whether he was capable or not.

Whilst I'm not saying he's a great player, I think part of the problem is that he's consistently played on the left when he's right footed. Then everyone bitches on about his poor delivery.

If we played him on the right he'd have a much better chance of being able to put a decent ball into the box. Not saying he WOULD put a better ball in but at least we'd get a better idea of whether he was capable or not.

He plays there for Argentina.

It never hindered Allan Johnston.

Guest BooBoo

That had me on my feet. Unbelievably dense piece of play.

Well no way on earth he was risking what in his case is laughably called a shot.

He plays there for Argentina.

It's apparently his preferred position.  Two shit left wingers and no right.

Guest neesy111

Well no way on earth he was risking what in his case is laughably called a shot.

i got lambasted by a fan for getting on his back after that

We never improve our players, never.. i've never seen a single player here get better in whats supposed to be his weakness, James Milner came here unable to cross and he left unable to cross, now at Villa he's crossing them like he's David f***ing Beckham and has got alot faster too, Titus Bramble's concentration problems are now gone and so, yet here we get a player with amazing stamina and effort and we can't get him to kick a ball properly, whoever is doing the coaching needs to be shot.

We never improve our players, ever i've never seen a single player here get better in whats supposed to be his weakness, James Milner came here unable to cross and he left unable to cross, now at Villa he's crossing them like he's David fucking Beckham and has got alot faster too, Titus Bramble's concentration problems are now gone and so, yet here we get a player with amazing stamina and effort and we can't get him to kick a ball properly, whoever is doing the coaching needs to be shot.

fine, fine point this like

we slate so many players yet it's patently obvious that they don't get a shred of quality training in our first team - i always thought this of steven taylor; when he broke into the first team he was doing what he'd been coached as a kid, i.e. the right stuff, and within a couple of seasons in the first eleven he doing all sorts of crazy shit

We never improve our players, never.. i've never seen a single player here get better in whats supposed to be his weakness, James Milner came here unable to cross and he left unable to cross, now at Villa he's crossing them like he's David f***ing Beckham and has got alot faster too, Titus Bramble's concentration problems are now gone and so, yet here we get a player with amazing stamina and effort and we can't get him to kick a ball properly, whoever is doing the coaching needs to be shot.

Given, Bellamy and Bernard did.

But on the whole i agree, most players do not improve.

We never improve our players, ever i've never seen a single player here get better in whats supposed to be his weakness, James Milner came here unable to cross and he left unable to cross, now at Villa he's crossing them like he's David fucking Beckham and has got alot faster too, Titus Bramble's concentration problems are now gone and so, yet here we get a player with amazing stamina and effort and we can't get him to kick a ball properly, whoever is doing the coaching needs to be shot.

we slate so many players yet it's patently obvious that they don't get a shred of quality training in our first team - i always thought this of steven taylor; when he broke into the first team he was doing what he'd been coached as a kid, i.e. the right stuff, and within a couple of seasons in the first eleven he doing all sorts of crazy shit

I think I agree, but there's always the possibility that we see players every game when they play for us, and we see them so little when they leave.

That combined with the fact our fans are harsh on our own players might mean that people like Milner and Bramble always seem better when they go elsewhere.

I think I agree, but there's always the possibility that we see players every game when they play for us, and we see them so little when they leave.

That combined with the fact our fans are harsh on our own players might mean that people like Milner and Bramble always seem better when they go elsewhere.

Think we took O'Neill to the cleaners with that Milner fee.  :aww:

Guest Phil K

Lo and behold, has anyone realise how bad decent players became once they arrived at Newcastle United?

... and once they leave, all of a sudden, they became better!

It's the Newcastle Phenomenon!

And quite often, they leave us and continue being crap

They get the "Newcastle mentality" of "Couldn't give a sh*t, I'll get huge pay anyways" and can't get out of it when their new club actually expect them to perform.

Ollie Bernard is a good example of this, Robert to a far less extent (Both wanted to come back when they found this out)

I GENUINLY believe it's a problem at Newcastle, less the players. The players get treated as if they're stars without having to actually do it on the pitch.

I recall one Jasper Carrott monologue about being in Newcastle with Malcolm Macdonald late 70s/early 80s showing this in all its ugliness.

Do they have the mental strength to play here?

That is the crucial point.

This is a Club like no other because the pressure on the player's, especially when we are doing badly, gets so great that their confidence just ebbs away. It's a combination of how passionate, impatient and unrealistic we are as fans. We can't help it, we're Geordies.

That's one of the main reasons why I think it's imperative that Shearer is our manager next season, because he understands our psyche, and he understands that only certain types of characters will thrive here, and I trust him to go out and get them.

Now ay can I write him off, was gutted he did not get on yesterday at least he takes the fight to the oposition, okay no goals 3 assists but he done Villa up here and late on when you need a player to carry the ball forwatd he is a msut.

Guest BooBoo

As hopeless as he's been, i was disappointed he didnt get on yesterday when we literally had nobody willing to even run at Villa's back 4.

I think it was a huge tactial effor not playing him on the right and taking one of the inept nolan or butt out for guthrie, both the fulham and villa games were appalling on that right side.