Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

Guest Stephen927

Shearer should have brought him on for the tired Edgar and just put Butt or someone at right back to fill in.

Shearer should have brought him on for the tired Edgar and just put Butt or someone at right back to fill in.

Shearer should have bought him on and beheaded him while holding his pony and then one mighty swing into the crowd. Probably a yellow.

Shearer should have bought him on and beheaded him while holding his pony and then one mighty swing into the crowd. Probably a yellow.

You really hate him don't you? :lol:

You really hate him don't you? :lol:

That would be the first cross he'd be involved in this season.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5348343,00.html

Newcastle winger Jonas Gutierrez is to consider his future at St James' Park after Argentina's forthcoming World Cup qualifiers.

The former Mallorca star, who moved to Tyneside last summer, was an unused substitute during Sunday's defeat to Aston Villa, which condemned the Magpies to Premier League relegation.

There is speculation that a host of players will now leave Newcastle rather than playing Championship football in 2009/10.

And Gutierrez will look at his future after the qualifiers in June as Argentina, who lie fourth in the South American qualifying zone, must beat Colombia and Ecuador in order to have a more comfortable position in the standings.

Jonas told TyC Sports: "Right now, the main thing is the national team. I want to make my contribution to the team, be with the guys and I hope I can play.

"Once the qualifiers pass, we'll see what will happen with my future."

Meanwhile, Geremi has remained tight-lipped regarding speculation he is now set to leave Newcastle, with reports suggesting he could be heading for Turkey.

He told skysports.com when asked about conjecture surrounding his career: "I have no comment. I am upset by our relegation."

Guest Heneage

Nothing more than I expected, he might do well in Championship was a thorn against Coventry.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5348343,00.html

Newcastle winger Jonas Gutierrez is to consider his future at St James' Park after Argentina's forthcoming World Cup qualifiers.

The former Mallorca star, who moved to Tyneside last summer, was an unused substitute during Sunday's defeat to Aston Villa, which condemned the Magpies to Premier League relegation.

There is speculation that a host of players will now leave Newcastle rather than playing Championship football in 2009/10.

And Gutierrez will look at his future after the qualifiers in June as Argentina, who lie fourth in the South American qualifying zone, must beat Colombia and Ecuador in order to have a more comfortable position in the standings.

Jonas told TyC Sports: "Right now, the main thing is the national team. I want to make my contribution to the team, be with the guys and I hope I can play.

"Once the qualifiers pass, we'll see what will happen with my future."

Meanwhile, Geremi has remained tight-lipped regarding speculation he is now set to leave Newcastle, with reports suggesting he could be heading for Turkey.

He told skysports.com when asked about conjecture surrounding his career: "I have no comment. I am upset by our relegation."

Class comment from Geremi that, isn't he our most intelligent player?

That's clearly a comment :lol:

That's clearly a comment :lol:

No comment about conjecture surrounding his career.

Argentine Takes Merit Marks Prize

By Craig Hope

JONAS Gutierrez has taken the nufc.co.uk Merit Marks star-player prize following his first season at St.James' Park.

The Argentine topped the table ahead of leading goalscorer Michael Owen and young defender Sebastien Bassong.

Gutierrez enjoyed a blistering start to his career on Tyneside and landed the man-of-the-match award during the opening-day draw at Manchester United.

The winger was a regular fixture in the top five of the nufc.co.uk man-of-the-match votes during the early part of the campaign and quickly raced to the top of our Merit Marks table.

Skipper Owen scored goals and subsequently Merit Marks points before Christmas but hit the back of the net just once from January onwards.

Parisian-born Bassong, meanwhile, came into his own after New Year and will arguably be many fans' choice for the official player-of-the-season award.

Here's how the Merit Marks table looks after all 42 games (Please note: This is NOT an official player-of-the-season award);

Following each game of the 2008/09 season we asked our readers to vote for their star player via the Quick Vote which is found to the right-hand side of all stories which appear on our official website.

After a few days we tallied up the votes with the top performer being awarded five points, second-placed player four points and so on until we reach the fifth most popular choice who wins one point.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1676557,00.html

Fuck off tbh

Fuck off tbh

It's difficult to hear with your head dangling somewhere in the crowd.

the fact that Owen has 66 and Beye has 9 says all you need to know about that, tossers

Beye was injured for ages and hasn't been at his best this season regardless of what people say.

Owen was injured and wasn't graet either but he won a few games/points with his goals.