Rumours of yet more Keegan & Ashley talks to come...

Nicky

Only at the Toon. This is crazy stuff but who else could do this job. How amazing would it be if Keegan leads the team out tomorrow.

Would lose some respect for KK if he did.

Why if he loves the club?

3rd time lucky I say.

it will be 4th time

3rd as Manager numb nuts

4th because he walked out after a few weeks 1st time as manager. ;)

Ahh but he never officially resigned! So nurrrrrrr

why would keegan leave out the back door?

To avoid the press.

just thinking to myself if he was to come back then they would have left together, and announced it there and then...unless it was going to be a dramatic entrance tomorrow.. but thats a bit too geollywood?

To avoid the press.

just thinking to myself if he was to come back then they would have left together, and announced it there and then...unless it was going to be a dramatic entrance tomorrow.. but thats a bit too geollywood?

KK is going to sleep on it IMO.

Guest Howaythetoon

Theory alert

Terry Mac and Sandler leaving could have been the last straw for the players who demanded Ashley reinstate KK or face a dressing room revolt, with players prepared to talk to the media and side with fans if things aren't sorted. Ashley panics and approaches KK's camp with the news and wants to speak, to see if they can resolve matters once and for all, to bring him back.

For all the stick Terry Mac gets (only on internet forums it seems, most fans I speak to outside of the web have nowt but good words to say for him) I'm sure the players like him and like him being around the place. There are some legendary stories from former players like Bez and Beardsley that paint Terry Mac as a top bloke and someone you get the impression players would stick up for.

To lose KK and then a trusted, familiar and friendly face in Terry Mac who I am certain the players all got on well with and for all we know, may have loved, could have sent one or two of them over the edge.

Only at the Toon. This is crazy stuff but who else could do this job. How amazing would it be if Keegan leads the team out tomorrow.

3rd time lucky I say.

it will be 4th time

3rd as Manager numb nuts

i always count the first time in 82, cos that was when i started going to matches with my mates. and got hooked.

To avoid the press.

KK is going to sleep on it IMO.

he'll be parking his range rover in a layby and snoozing before making any decisions

Guest marky555

Why?

Well basically, I appreciate the fact that everyone makes mistakes and rushes into decisions from time to time, and in hindsight can look back on them and see they may have made the wrong one ; myself included.

But to make such a massive decision that affects hundreds of thousands of peoples lives, without clearly thinking it through, is, in my opinion, suicidal.

Would be absolutely ridiculous if he was to come back under the current regime in the same week as stating it was for that reason that he resigned.

3rd time lucky I say.

it will be 4th time

3rd as Manager numb nuts

i always count the first time in 82, cos that was when i started going to matches with my mates. and got hooked.

O0

Try this for cynical.

Perhaps Keegan wasn't there at all. Ashley's so worried about the backlash and bad feeling tomorrow, he agrees with Keegan to drop the £2m thing if he plays along with a late Friday night meeting, with 'unfortunately' nothing coming of it. Keegan doesn't even have to attend, and saves his £2m. Ashley saves face with hopeful fans, and he looks better for trying to get him back.

:shifty: