Rumours of yet more Keegan & Ashley talks to come...

Nicky

Guest optimistic nit

:kasper: This is crazy

Sometimes I long to be following a 'normal' club, where not much happens out of the ordinary from day to day.

Other times I'm not so sure if that's what I really want.

It would be rubbish to support someone like Middlesbrough or Reading were nothing ever happens.

indeed.

Why does everyone think that a club insider has leaked the meeting, everywhere in London will have moles texting sports journalists and so on, of to who is going in their restaurants/hotels

It would appear that the meeting was at Freshfields.

Guest Slippery Sam

Have rent-a-knacka sent anyone to dance around outside St James' yet for the Sky Cameras?

Aye. There's a 'Boycoutt the boycoutt' sheet being hung up by a bunch of mongs as I type.

Now that I'm over the elation of all this I have to say that if Ashley took him back, it would be a sign of indecisive management. This can only be a precursor to a sale if it's true.

It happened in the first place.

Having happened, it wasn't resolved sooner.

The reasons for the resolution are not clear given the time lapse.

This is not to say that Ashley is indecisive, which may be what you object to, but that the management of the situation was.

How? Keegan walked out, he wasn't sacked.

How what?

How would it be a sign of indecisive management?

Sometimes I long to be following a 'normal' club, where not much happens out of the ordinary from day to day.

It would be rubbish to support someone like Middlesbrough or Reading were nothing ever happens.

I was thinking of which clubs are the polar opposites in terms of drama and stability to NUFC, and Boro sprung to mind first of all.

Or Everton! They're as dull as my chat up lines.

You've got to wonder why Keegan would agree to and attend a meeting like this if it was just to calm the storm before tomorrow.

Provided it's not about the money and that, surely Ashley has promised he'll make significant changes to the way we're operating. Be that personnel, the purse-strings or whatever.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Why does everyone think that a club insider has leaked the meeting, everywhere in London will have moles texting sports journalists and so on, of to who is going in their restaurants/hotels

All those emails to Mort worked

Mort = Calming influence

Source on that? Maybe Mort is kicking arse and sorting them all out. :lol:

Guest Stephen927

Cue a wrestling video from Shak

...hopefully.

On the hour, if SSN go to David Craig live outside some building in London and there are Newcastle fans standing behind waving their arms and falling about pissed off their face, we've really got to question where they're finding these people.

Chris Mort *swoon* :smitten:

Doesn't really fit the arse kicking type does he?

So... Do we still kick off tomorrow or not?  With petrol prices the way they are I can't afford to go lobbing these molotovs about if Keegan could be coming back, I'll just pour them back in the Fiesta.

If nothing is said then kick off to keep the pressure on Ashley, the kicking off should be lawful and not get in the way of the game tomorrow.

Guest optimistic nit

I was thinking of which clubs are the polar opposites in terms of drama and stability to NUFC, and Boro sprung to mind first of all.

when for whatever reason i need/want to list/know all 20 premiership clubs the one i always get last is fulham, and they are my nearest premierleague team.

Can everyone PLEASE stop quoting the bookies as though they know owt? When this news came out, loads of people placed bets, and so the odds go down. It really is that simple.

If I went and whacked £10k on Ince his odds would drop like fuck too.