The Weekend's Other Matches

Guest quklaani

Guest quklaani

Villa need to do what Everton did for most of last season (until they went out of Europe anyway,) beat the teams around them consistently.  Add to that decent results against the "big 4" and they've a decent shout of beating Liverpool to 4th, well, thats presuming Liverpool's early season luck and form don't last...theres always a chance they'll really challe...lol, not really.

Guest optimistic nit

aye but still to spend 70 million and be rock bottom, makes me feel a bit better....

... no wait... it doesnt

they've made a net profit though, so its not all good. they've sold both their strikers, so its not suprising that they are doing a bit shit. they need one of pav or bent to start scoring.

Guest timmy boy

Spurs were very ordinary tonight, no balance or width down the left, Lennon cant deliver a ball to save his life,Dawson was his usual self (hope Oba is back for the league cup).

I'm not convinced that there front two  are going to live up to Berbatov and Keane.

1:2 to Villa

who scored?

For the Spuds?, it was a deflected goal from Bent.

Definite Bent goal? i had a bet on he would score at some point in the game

Yeah, Jenas had a shot and it deflected off bent and went in so it has to be Bents.

Spurs were very ordinary tonight, no balance or width down the left, Lennon cant deliver a ball to save his life,Dawson was his usual self (hope Oba is back for the league cup).

I'm not convinced that there front two now are going to live up to Berbatov and Keane.

Not sure, i like Pavy - everytime i have seen him play (not great deal) he has always had a bit of Teddy Sheringham about him, good off the ball movement and intelligent and Darrent Bent throughout his Premier League career nets a goal in every 2 games.  So Spurs will do well imo if they sort out tactics.

Gareth Bale is going to turn out to be a fantastic player, in fact, he already is.  I fancy him more as a winger but he tracks back and defends really well, gets forward into intelligent positions, has a great delivery(why they let Bentley take corners before him, I've no idea) and can score from free kicks. 

As for Spurs....

mackems.gif

Gareth Bale is going to turn out to be a fantastic player, in fact, he already is.  I fancy him more as a winger but he tracks back and defends really well, gets forward into intelligent positions, has a great delivery(why they let Bentley take corners before him, I've no idea) and can score from free kicks. 

As for Spurs....

mackems.gif

if only Villa had signed him, his career might really take off.

;)

Spurs are just bad.

Everyone going gaga over their signings but here we are again. They are rock bottom of the league, except now they don't have Keane and Berbatov to bail them out. Should be interesting.

Modric is looking like a monumental bust. Still hasn't done anything since he has joined. He's the kind of player that would have gone to Arsenal and looked outstanding, but you surround him with the likes of Jenas and Zokora and he looks awful.

Ridiculous stuff.