Newcastle United 1 - 2 Hull City - 13/09/08 - post match reaction from page 21

Dave

And people have the cheek to praise our transfer policy. So many average players on the pitch

Butt, Ameobi, Geremi, Edgar, Taylor

N'zogbia at left back

Xisco finally managed to get his boots on the right feet for the tap in

The fact that we'll miss Danny fucking Guthrie while he's out says it all. For fuck sake.

Guest optimistic nit

And people have the cheek to praise our transfer policy. So many average players on the pitch

N'zogbia at left back

The fact that we'll miss Danny fucking Guthrie while he's out says it all. For fuck sake.

Guthrie is a good player. Ameobi starting is just wrong. we need a right winger and we need a right back. but we've had a better transfer window than a lot of clubs.

Guest LucaAltieri

This match has pretty much settles the internal debate for me.

Keegan vs. the Ashley setup.

There's not a single one of the purchases this summer that look to be bad signings. We haven't broken the bank and we've improved the squad no end. It still may be early to be judging those players but the quality of those brought in seems to be high right from the off.

The recruitment system works. Now we just need a manager happy to work within it. If there are no 'big' names willing then do an Arsenal and sign a relatively unknown, promising, young manager/coach.

Keegan isn't necessarily in the wrong or the bad guy, but he wants changes that the owner isn't willing to make - and I agree with Ashley in this instance. The recruitment/development setup needs to stay and be built upon.

Guest Away Toon

God there are a lot of idiots on this board which is why I don't bother posting. Which idiot said that it wasn't a penalty? Hull were the better team, scored three good goals and deserved to win. If KK had still been manager would we have lost? No it would have been three points and we'd be sitting in the top six or so instead of down with the mackems.

ashley and wise we're at st james park, from someone who works there

they we're ordered home and had their mobile phones taken away so they couldn't contact ppl to tell them about

were probably thinking that we'll win this one easily and their going to appear 5 mins before the end with the team winning 4-0

N'zogbia at left back

The fact that we'll miss Danny f***ing Guthrie while he's out says it all. For f*** sake.

Guthrie is a good player. Ameobi starting is just wrong. we need a right winger and we need a right back. but we've had a better transfer window than a lot of clubs.

That isn't saying much given the state of the squad.  We needed an exceptional transfer window and we got one good player, one pretty good player and some unknowns.  Fail.

Just woke up with a splitting fucking headache.  Glad I missed this one.  Hull FFS.  Doesn't get much worse than that. 

ashley and wise we're at st james park, from someone who works there

they we're ordered home and had their mobile phones taken away so they couldn't contact ppl to tell them about

were probably thinking that we'll win this one easily and their going to appear 5 mins before the end with the team winning 4-0

The English across those 2 posts makes me want to vomit.

Who was ordered home neesy?

Guest newcastle4life

Awful result just rubs it in after all that has happened, no excuse for not getting 3 points against teams like Hull especially at home.

There's not a single one of the purchases this summer that look to be bad signings. We haven't broken the bank and we've improved the squad no end. It still may be early to be judging those players but the quality of those brought in seems to be high right from the off.

The recruitment system works. Now we just need a manager happy to work within it. If there are no 'big' names willing then do an Arsenal and sign a relatively unknown, promising, young manager/coach.

Keegan isn't necessarily in the wrong or the bad guy, but he wants changes that the owner isn't willing to make - and I agree with Ashley in this instance. The recruitment/development setup needs to stay and be built upon.

agree with ashley? so agree with wise.. why he didn't make wise as manager at first place? if he know what kind of people wise is.... it wouldn't be conflict of interest... director of football does can work if he can "coorporate" with the manager. keegan always have big ego and always is... u cant change that personality... but i tend to agree that manager has bigger authority that director of football on term of football technicality

Guest optimistic nit

N'zogbia at left back

The fact that we'll miss Danny f***ing Guthrie while he's out says it all. For f*** sake.

That isn't saying much given the state of the squad.  We needed an exceptional transfer window and we got one good player, one pretty good player and some unknowns.  Fail.

Just woke up with a splitting fucking headache.  Glad I missed this one.  Hull FFS.  Doesn't get much worse than that. 

well no, we didn't, we got 2 very good players, 2 good players and 2 unkowns, one of which scored today and the other looked pretty sharp.

Sorry to break this to you, but Newcastle lost today, man.

zog should not play LB

xisco-bittersweet he scores but he gave the ball away very cheaply, catching all of ours on the back foot, which led to the penalty

ameobi once upon a time there was a thin argument that could be made for him.  now, well, thanks shola for your brace vs the mackems & staring down dennis wise on your debut.  it's a shame you didn't leave w/ those 2 feathers in your cap.

Guest LucaAltieri

Yeah, due to lack of spine and poor performances from the old lot.

Which of the new signings were crap today?

Which of the new signings have shown signs of being crap since they arrived?

The recruitment is fine. Now we just need to give them a gaffer to bring it all together.

Vs Hull FFS

And only 1 player of the new so called outstanding transfer poilcy was missing today and we couldn't beat Hull? How is that a success?

Finding it hard to believe people are still backing Ashley after this shambles that we've witnessed over the last two weeks. Should be fucking ashamed of yourselves backing a bunch of cockney twats over a man that bleeds black and white.

Tossers

The recruitment is fine. Now we just need to give them a gaffer to bring it all together.

the fact you think this is a choice between the players we've signed and keegan is alarming.

when did this false dichotomy arise? from what i remember keegan was fine with bassong, coloccini, guthrie and Jonas, he 'green lighted' their signings in the same way he didn't sanction moves for Gomis or Zayatte. the problem is when the likes of wise and llambias started doing transfer deals without keegan's say so. had they left and keegan stayed, we'd still have kept Vetere the bloke who is actually going out and finding players.

For me, Xisco looks very strong and brave, and battles for everything. his first touch is very rusty, he's not particularly fast, his movement is ok, isnt the sort to beat players, has a bit of an eye for goal. promising but a long way to go for him.

Nacho looked decent when he came on, didnt do enough to make me think he's any better than (or even equal to) Emre, but the fact he tried to make adventurous passes is a plus with a lack of bodies and lack of quality endemic to our squad.

Guest CaPiTaL cHaP

What stood out most for me today was the total lack of athleticism in our midfield. No real power of pace from Butt, Geremi and Guthrie. Even if we have Guti back we have no real presence in the middle. Barton had some at Man City but i didn't see much from him last season and i don't expect much this season tbh. The other thing that was painful to watch was Edgar at RB and Zog at LB. Both easy targets for counter attack.

the fact you think this is a choice between the players we've signed and keegan is alarming.

when did this false dichotomy arise? from what i remember keegan was fine with bassong, coloccini, guthrie and Jonas, he 'green lighted' their signings in the same way he didn't sanction moves for Gomis or Zayatte. the problem is when the likes of wise and llambias started doing transfer deals without keegan's say so. had they left and keegan stayed, we'd still have kept Vetere the bloke who is actually going out and finding players.

For me, Xisco looks very strong and brave, and battles for everything. his first touch is very rusty, he's not particularly fast, his movement is ok, isnt the sort to beat players, has a bit of an eye for goal. promising but a long way to go for him.

Nacho looked decent when he came on, didnt do enough to make me think he's any better than (or even equal to) Emre, but the fact he tried to make adventurous passes is a plus with a lack of bodies and lack of quality endemic to our squad.

Agree 100% with Jonnypd

It's a team game, and although the new signings are OK, they have only barely improved the first team. An injury to either Coloccini or Jonas, and we're worse off than we would be last year with an injury to Faye or Milner.

The left back we didn't sign.

The replacement for Milner.

Wouldn't it be better if the man bringing it all together had some say in what he was supposed to bring together, instead of just buying a bunch of "brilliant" discount players and hope they all would gel?