Would you want Keegan back now?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Simple one.

I'm honestly not sure myself. :-[

I can understand your uncertainty (maybe it's your head conflicting with your heart), for me it's a clear no. As much as we feel emotionally connected to KK, there are better managers around. We cant afford to have a manager who will spit the dummy everytime there's a disagreement between board and manager. Situation will get worse now coz he will feel he can get his way on almost anything thanks to the fans backing. I won't mind taking that risk if it was managers of Mourinho, Wenger and Fergie calibre but KK is not in their league...not even close. Though he gets lots of decisions right, I don't trust his judgement 100% not even 80% (for the record IF it was his decision to keep Smith and Barton, then I think he is/was dead wrong). A manager is suppose to  manage including manage disagreements and dfferences with the board, and that's KK archiles heels.

Thanks to our emotional attachment to KK, he has become bigger than the club and no football club should be ruled by one man.

Would they even come in the first place?

Even if they did come, do you sensibly think Ferguson, Wenger and Mourinho will tolerate all this nonsense?

Its a tricky one - one part of me thinks that the team was so happy with having Keegan at the helm and it shows in there play - however, the other part thinks that i wouldnt want him in control of recruitment because im not sure if i  trust him anymore with a budget - im sure he'd target the ready made player and that is not the direction the club wants to go.

yes and no....

at the moment.... is not keegan the problem is...

the policy setup  of this football club is the mainstream problem...

we need to move on.... but i am not sure we can get good manager if the policy still like this...

i am sure people in LMA already been told by keegan how the situation here are.... for sure other manager will more backing keegan on this.

we need to move on but for who either?

Good.

This is way too much power for one man to have over the club.

It's just not a healthy situation at all.

I'd rather Keegan had that power than Dennis Wise, I think Ashley has massive problems now and I hope he's not daft enough to go in with the fans any time soon because that will cause major problems.

To me, today's match was a proof that Keegan is not to blame at all. He wanted replacement for James Milner and cover for Enrique. He got none. That turned out crucial today, especially as Hull City on their second goal took advantage of us not having a proper left back on the pitch. Keegan has every right to be disappointed of the management of this club, and personally I can't blame him for walking out on the club when things turned out as they did.

Having said that, re-installing Keegan is the only way back for Ashley now. I believe Keegan is back within next Saturday. IIn fact, I have already bet money on it! :celb:

looking at this another way, the only thing that has happened since keegan left is that we have dropped 3 points against hull. if we got him back, the season would be back on track. obviously things arent quite as simple as that, but they neednt be too much more complicated.

It's not so much Keegan returning, it's Ashley and his cronies going.

I'm not annoyed with the amount of money spent or the system that's in place to recruit players; it's the way they've tried to conceal it.

If Ashley had said at the start that he didn't want to spend a lot, and Keegan was only there to motivate players, it would be hard to criticise him.

Guest black n white

he would'nt touch us with a long stick, if he has any sense

squads woefully short......we are fucked

start praying theres no major injuries in defence

I genuinely get the feeling that the players loyalties are with Keegan at the moment and it showed today. It would take a special manager to be able to inspire the players to forget about keegan and for that reason i believe thats why maybe, he'd be the only man for the job.

I genuinely am unsure whther a "mid-range" manager who obviously has ability like Zico or Terim could do a job for us, i think of teams like Fulham, Bolton, Pompey and Charlton - teams who;s previous regime were doing well and you saw there subsequent performances, they cmae close if not did get relegated.

Guest Howaythetoon

I've changed my mind, I'd take him back, give him some money and tell him to get us back into the top 6 over 3 years then help us find his replacement, that way the club will be on a better footing when he leaves, we'll have got him out of our system and the next man will get support because KK helped pick him.