Danny Guthrie breaks Craig Fagan's leg

Guest BooBoo

It just seems to me that certain people are suddenly dying for him to serve a long ban purely because it's turned out that he did more damage than they initially thought. This means he's going to be punished not for the tackle, but for how much damage he did with it. Which makes no sense whatsoever to me. The tackle was the tackle was the tackle. It's worth a 3 match ban. It was on Saturday afternoon and it hasn't changed as a result of a scan.

Guest sicko2ndbest

He went in hard, missed the ball, its unfortunate. Straight red, 3 match ban. Anything more would set such a precident that the punishment would be based on the severity of the injury.

What happened to Taylor last season when he broke Eduardos leg?

Silly twat.  I'd like to see him come out and apologise,  if the club allow him.

He has done at least.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1393713,00.html

DANNY Guthrie will personally apologise to Hull City's Craig Fagan for the injury he suffered at St. James' Park on Saturday.

The Tigers have confirmed that Fagan has suffered a fracture to his right tibia following the incident which saw the Magpie midfielder sent off in the dying stages of a 2-1 loss.

Danny said: "I was very upset to hear the news concerning Craig. The Club have been in touch with Hull City on my behalf because I want to speak to Craig in person to apologise and wish him a speedy recovery. I hope to be able to do that as soon as possible.

"It was a challenge that came purely out of frustration towards the end of Saturday's game, but anybody who knows me will accept it was totally out of character on my part."

He went in hard, missed the ball, its unfortunate. Straight red, 3 match ban. Anything more would set such a precident that the punishment would be based on the severity of the injury.

What happened to Taylor last season when he broke Eduardos leg?

Missed the ball?  :lol: He twatted the guy on purpose, after his first attempt to kick him never worked.

I do agree though, that the punishment shouldn't change just because it turns out the other guy is going to be injured.

Silly twat.  I'd like to see him come out and apologise,  if the club allow him.

He has done at least.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1393713,00.html

DANNY Guthrie will personally apologise to Hull City's Craig Fagan for the injury he suffered at St. James' Park on Saturday.

The Tigers have confirmed that Fagan has suffered a fracture to his right tibia following the incident which saw the Magpie midfielder sent off in the dying stages of a 2-1 loss.

Danny said: "I was very upset to hear the news concerning Craig. The Club have been in touch with Hull City on my behalf because I want to speak to Craig in person to apologise and wish him a speedy recovery. I hope to be able to do that as soon as possible.

"It was a challenge that came purely out of frustration towards the end of Saturday's game, but anybody who knows me will accept it was totally out of character on my part."

Fuck me, what's he apologising for! Doesn't he read this forum, it was all that hobgoblin Fagan's fault!  :angry:

It just seems to me that certain people are suddenly dying for him to serve a long ban purely because it's turned out that he did more damage than they initially thought. This means he's going to be punished not for the tackle, but for how much damage he did with it. Which makes no sense whatsoever to me. The tackle was the tackle was the tackle. It's worth a 3 match ban. It was on Saturday afternoon and it hasn't changed as a result of a scan.

Obviously you are refferring to me, after your latest pathetic post (nowt new there then). When the hell did I relate the damage done to anything ?

The FACT and it is a FACT of the matter is that Guthrie had no intention of playing the ball, he just wanted to go through the player. I don't care if he's got a broken leg or a slightly bruised calf, it was an awful challenge and deserves a hefty suspension. Take your bloody Black and White specs off, if that had been an opposition player making that 'Challenge'  (and I use that word in it's loosest sense), then you and the rest of us would be up in arms, and rightly so.

Obviously you are refferring to me, after your latest pathetic post (nowt new there then). When the hell did I relate the damage done to anything ?

The FACT and it is a FACT of the matter is that Guthrie had no intention of playing the ball, he just wanted to go through the player. I don't care if he's got a broken leg or a slightly bruised calf, it was an awful challenge and deserves a hefty suspension. Take your bloody Black and White specs off, if that had been an opposition player making that 'Challenge'  (and I use that word in it's loosest sense), then you and the rest of us would be up in arms, and rightly so.

Calm down love.  :lol:

I'm not disputing it was a very bad tackle and I'd be annoyed if it was one of ours who got chopped down but I wouldn't be crying about it on the internet and wanting him banned for months. We've seen it happen loads of times with our lot dishing it out and taking it.

I've made my opinion as clear as I can - and to be perfectly honest, I couldn't give 2 fucks if you agree or not. :)

I'm not disputing it was a very bad tackle and I'd be annoyed if it was one of ours who got chopped down but I wouldn't be crying about it on the internet and wanting him banned for months. We've seen it happen loads of times with our lot dishing it out and taking it.

I've made my opinion as clear as I can - and to be perfectly honest, I couldn't give 2 f***s if you agree or not. :)

That's fine because as far as admins go, I respect a James post more than any of yours, that should say it all.

Thoroughly idiotic, especially considering our lack of options in the middle.

Still, at least he showed he cared and that fucker looked very smug. ;)

A young lad (smug or not) who's leg has just been broken by an act of mindless violence might disagree.

I've made my opinion as clear as I can - and to be perfectly honest, I couldn't give 2 f***s if you agree or not. :)

That's fine because as far as admins go, I respect a James post more than any of yours, that should say it all.

It certainly says a lot...

Lovin it. Even though it costs us some games without him. Hate that c*** Fagan.

c*** I said! :joker:

Can't believe people are actually enjoying watching someone's leg get broken.  :thdn: Shame.

Lovin it. Even though it costs us some games without him. Hate that c*** Fagan.

c*** I said! :joker:

Can't believe people are actually enjoying watching someone's leg get broken.  :thdn: Shame.

Just like that scene from Stephen King's "Misery" where Kathy Bates hobbles James Caan.

I'm sure I mentioned that earlier in another thread. ???

A lot of the Hull squad were being deliberately provocative in their conduct on Saturday - Halmosi (sp?) and King also deserved a slap, tbh. :hmm:

Yes they fucking did.  Anyone involved in that one sided officiating farce should be out of a job.

Didn't think it was nearly as bad as some have made out (even the media). Anyone who has played/watched Sunday league will have seen incidents like that a lot without anything more than the ref saying "alright lads calm done eh!?". Just unfortunate that his leg has broken/fractured.

If you go out of your way to wind people up and act the twat, they'll eventually snap and lash out at you.  It's the reaction you've been looking to provoke.  I'm not wishing leg breaks on anyone, but if that's the way you play the game, you run the risk.

Having said all that, Guthrie was daft to do it, and it's a shame that someone has a broken leg because of it.  But the "I hope he gets banned for a season" stuff is utter bollocks.