Danny Guthrie breaks Craig Fagan's leg

Guest BooBoo

Looking around at some of the other football forums it is clear that most fans of football are right up on their high horses about NUFC now, thanks to the media we are rapidly becoming one of the most hated clubs in English football now, sad while there are so many more deserving clubs for that title.

Can you imagine the uproar if it had been Rooney, Gerrard or Lampard on the end of it rather than some wanker from Hull?

5 mins before he did it I said to my mate, "I would take a red card for someone snapping that Fagan cunt."

pleased he did it

Yep, remember that conversation! I have to say, whilst i don't in the sober light of day wish injury on anyone, if you're going to act like a complete cunt, as fagan did throughout the game, in a situation as passionate and emotional as Saturday then you're going to get kicked. You'd be lucky to last 2 minutes playing with that attitude in a Sunday league and even those paid to play sometimes let the emotion get the better of them. Even the idiot Hull fan in front of us in the pub said Fagan is a grade a cock. Hopefully Guthrie will learn from this and hopefully won't have to be in such a shit situation many more times during his toon career (either a very ambitious hope or very short career for Guthrie with that second one).

totally agree with your whole post mate

Yes but that's where being professional comes into it.

I know and I understand what he did was wrong, but football was a sport long before it was a profession and it's so hard to objectively draw such a line. I'd find it very hard to stay cool in such a situation and can at least empathise with the action, whilst not condoning it. Hopefully it was just a misplaced action that showed how much he cared for the cause. I certainly don't think he thought 'hmmm, the squad is bloody thin at the moment if i get a ban we'll be a bit fucked, i'm going to kick him anyway', i reckon he probably didn't think at all and saw red and would probably have been gutted a few minutes later. It'd be nice to hear him apologise, more to the fans than Fagan. As i said, it was a really emotional afternoon, he's a young lad, trying his best and let emotion get the better of him. He did wrong, but lets not crucify him for it. He'll serve his ban, come back and then we get behind him.

I agree Fagan deserves little/no sympathy, but the bit in bold is absolute rubbish.

Agreed, typing quickly and muddling things - i meant in the situation it's v hard to be objective, very easy to do so now

Even though Fagan was a total cunt for the whole game, he doesn't deserve that. Guthrie should be banned for longer than 3 matches anyway since the tackle was malicious and intentional. A 3 match ban is for a dangerous tackle, but not only was Guthrie's dangerous, he meant to harm Fagan. Reminded me of Keane's challenge on Alf Inge Haaland and also like that cunt Thatcher who knocked out Mendes, and those two got hefty fines/suspensions.

no, a 3 match ban is for a professional foul, like Terry's

John Terry's tackle deserves a 3 match ban for cheating. No attempt for the ball. It was a Rubgy tackle. Do him for ungentlemany conduct or whatever its called these days.

At least the ball was there for Guthrie. He only missed it by a little bit....cough.

:lol:

Anyone would think that football isn't a contact sport.

nail on head

Sorry but i dont think that deliberately booting someone has a place in football, contact sport or not. If it was the other way round we'd be absolutely fuming

John Terry's tackle deserves a 3 match ban for cheating. No attempt for the ball. It was a Rubgy tackle. Do him for ungentlemany conduct or whatever its called these days.

At least the ball was there for Guthrie. He only missed it by a little bit....cough.

Well, Fagan was acting like a dick all game, and the dick is never far from the balls.

:coat:

Which was impressive given that he wasn't even aiming for it :lol:

Anyone would think that football isn't a contact sport. Hysterical overreactions going on about this, really. We're hardly talking about a David Busst scenario are we?

Did anyone even foul him ???

no

Sorry no - I should clarify - i meant in terms of the injury. A better analogy perhaps would have been Keane/Haaland perhaps?

Anyone would think that football isn't a contact sport. Hysterical overreactions going on about this, really. We're hardly talking about a David Busst scenario are we?

Did anyone even foul him ???

no

Sorry no - I should clarify - i meant in terms of the injury. A better analogy perhaps would have been Keane/Haaland perhaps?

I agree with you then :)

We'd

Anyone would think that football isn't a contact sport.

nail on head

Sorry but i dont think that deliberately booting someone has a place in football, contact sport or not. If it was the other way round we'd be absolutely fuming

This.

I'm sorry but that's a pile of steaming shit, Guthrie's intentions were to hurt the guy that's got bugger all to do with this contact sport BS you spouted. I honestly think he deserves a very long suspension for this one.

i say 3 match ban.   if there's more to be done to punish guthrie then fine him personally.  the club shouldn't lose a player for a month due to a moment of madness. 

Bollocks, Cantona had a moment of madness, Barton had a moment of madness, both deserved their bans. Not claiming Guthrie's moment of madness was on the same level as theirs but it made me ashamed to see a player playing in Black and White do something like that, deserves the book being thrown at him tbh.

I'm sorry but that's a pile of steaming shit, Guthrie's intentions were to hurt the guy that's got bugger all to do with this contact sport BS you spouted. I honestly think he deserves a very long suspension for this one.

Good luck trying to prove that.  :thup:

Dear me!!

I'm sorry but that's a pile of steaming s***, Guthrie's intentions were to hurt the guy that's got bugger all to do with this contact sport BS you spouted. I honestly think he deserves a very long suspension for this one.

Good luck trying to prove that.  :thup:

Dear me!!

OK, whatever.