Mike Ashley confirms he wants to sell NUFC - see OP for full statement

Guest sicko2ndbest

why now and not last week?

Because he was trying his hardest to make things work and to make the fans happy?

Probably didn't expect the amount of hatred that the fans generated and thought by issuing a few "FACT" statements, the crowd will turn against Keegan. This underestimation of the powers of Keegan was his single biggest mistake in this whole drama

I hope that statement clears up one thing - that Shepherd and Hall Jnr fucked the club over financially during their time here. Who gives a shit about a brief flirtation in the top four (a feat which they undid anyway within two years) when Shepherd has effectively done exactly the same thing as Peter Risdale, mortgaged the club's future on shit signings.

The real criminal in our fall from grace is Shepherd. Fuck him.

:clap:

All this really is just the shit from that era, sadly, its not going anyway anytime soon

I have mixed feelings about this after reading the statement.

If only he released this statement weeks ago all this could have been avoided.

Newcastle fans NEED to know what is going on at their club and the vision for it.  Ashley's total silence on all things Newcastle in recent weeks and months was the biggest contributing factor in this shambolic episode I feel.

I think he is a decent man, with good intentions so seeing him go if and when he does will be tinged with a little bit of sadness for me because of what might have been.

I think he should have stated this after buying the club.  Set the expectations.  State that he would never take money out of the club.  State that he would be investion 20 million of his own money year on year.  Have some passion and show what he intended.

Newcastle fans make Newcastle United a laughing stock again

utterly ashamed and embarrassed

He's not some multi billionaire, yet he comes in and splashs hundreds of millions to save the club

Keegan walks out because Ashley won't give him a bottomless pit of money to spend, its ridiculous

What rubbish.

Can I say I know for a fact that Wise has been the problem, yet I can't post how I know this, but believe me it is true.

Can you explain a bit more on that then? Not how you know but how Wise' cause the problem

Keegan couldn't stand the site of Wise, yet Wise ended up actually being in charge of player recruitment and sales, and was bypassing Keegan over these. Which is what cause the implosion on deadline day.

...which was a rationale response to his failure to identify realistic targets? Who knows.

Just because you know that Keegan and Wise fell out doesnt mean you know anything more than anyone else about why this happened.h

I hope that statement clears up one thing - that Shepherd and Hall Jnr fucked the club over financially during their time here. Who gives a shit about a brief flirtation in the top four (a feat which they undid anyway within two years) when Shepherd has effectively done exactly the same thing as Peter Risdale, mortgaged the club's future on shit signings.

The real criminal in our fall from grace is Shepherd. Fuck him.

:clap:

All this really is just the shit from that era, sadly, its not going anyway anytime soon

Their legacy still remains.

why now and not last week?

Because he was trying his hardest to make things work and to make the fans happy?

My guess is that they have been working on the correct wording of that statement since last week. They aint done that since last night

He's not some multi billionaire, yet he comes in and splashs hundreds of millions to save the club

Keegan walks out because Ashley won't give him a bottomless pit of money to spend, its ridiculous

I love all these one post wonders coming crawling out of the woodwork basically typing as much bullshit as they possibly can.

Guest Anth.Nufc

I have mixed feelings about this after reading the statement.

If only he released this statement weeks ago all this could have been avoided.

Newcastle fans NEED to know what is going on at their club and the vision for it.  Ashley's total silence on all things Newcastle in recent weeks and months was the biggest contributing factor in this shambolic episode I feel.

I think he is a decent man, with good intentions so seeing him go if and when he does will be tinged with a little bit of sadness for me because of what might have been.

True, At the moment we dont have one person at the club who will come out and speak to the fans which you cant have at a football club!

I love all these one post wonders coming crawling out of the woodwork basically typing as much bullshit as they possibly can.

Exactly. At least us regulars have mastered typing as much bullshit as we can.

For what it's worth I do believe Ashley bought us with the best intentions, wanted to have some fun and to enjoy things and that he is desperate to be liked but my, he doesn't have a clue about football. Let this be a lesson to every fucking person who wants to buy a football club. Don't fuck with fans.

A victory for fans not just Newcastle fans, but fans all over.

Good riddance, although I share the concerns that the grass may not be any greener.

He's quick to communicate with the media when he wants to sell, but fuck all anytime else.

A message to fans even during the KK resigns saga could have won us around Mike or could have forced us to at least look at it from your point of view.

Thank you.

In a way I'm disappointed because I really wanted Ashley to succeed here when he first came in and was optimistic about the future until this all kicked off. He's made his position totally untenable though by siding with his lackeys ahead of KK.

He had the chance to put all this right immediately and preferred to get pissed in New York instead so his sentimental bollocks won't wash with me.

I do very much take issue with the fact he seems to think we want him out because he won't spend Chelsea money. He doesn't seem to understand that you can't run a successful Premiership club while breaking even on transfers. He's right that Arsenal are the exception to that rule but Arsenal have always said that is because Wenger can spend what he likes but prefers to do things his way. Unless you have Arsene Wenger, it's a plan that is doomed from the outset (especially when your squad's shit in the first place).

He's already said that he would have put in 20m a year without wanting it back so we wouldn't have been breaking even on transfers in the future. We've only done that for the past couple of seasons because we were up shit-creek financially with no way out.

The bit about not being able to take his kids to games again is desperately sad. :(

I'm surprised at how emotional that statement is. He tried his best but ultimately underestimated just how much Keegan is loved here. Putting a system in place was fine up until they prevented him having the final say. It really is as simple as that.

It is as simple as that and I think Keegan would have worked with a tight budget but he had to be able to choose the players who worked for him in the same way Ashley had the choice of who worked for him.

Ashley made his choices and failed because of that, nothing else.

Unlike the Ruskie and the Arabs who made their money from oil in the ground, MA had to work for his money. Of course he wouldn't want it to splash it away.

The oil tycoons have more money than they can ever hope to spend and then more.  So it was never a fair comparison.

Hope the next owners have got money leaking everywhere and not just an ordinary  billionaire who earned it the hard way

The bit about not being able to take his kids to games again is desperately sad. :(

I'm surprised at how emotional that statement is. He tried his best but ultimately underestimated just how much Keegan is loved here. Putting a system in place was fine up until they prevented him having the final say. It really is as simple as that.

So what happens if keegan targets the wrong type of players?

They fail. Just like hundreds of multi-million pound players up and down the country do every year. He then lives and dies by that, as the man with the final say.

I don't see why Keegan is viewed by some as an irresponsible spender.

Exactly. At least us regulars have mastered typing as much bullshit as we can.

:lol:

[quote author=TooonDoom link=topic=56207.msg1495530#msg1495530 date=1221411044]

why the f*** did he not put this statement (minus the selling bit) out the day the keegan thing started.  This is all it would have taken for the whole episode not to have happened.  

this is the question all fans of NUFC should be asking the club. He's waited till the shit hit the fan before being honest with us. That's the most infuriating thing

Have to agree totally, if he had put out the statement earlier he would have probably stopped most of the protests yesterday and last week. The majority of fans only wanted to know why this was all happening.

Can I say I know for a fact that Wise has been the problem, yet I can't post how I know this, but believe me it is true.

Can you explain a bit more on that then? Not how you know but how Wise' cause the problem

Keegan couldn't stand the site of Wise, yet Wise ended up actually being in charge of player recruitment and sales, and was bypassing Keegan over these. Which is what cause the implosion on deadline day.

...which was a rationale response to his failure to identify realistic targets? Who knows.

Just because you know that Keegan and Wise fell out doesnt mean you know anything more than anyone else about why this happened.h

Exactly.

KK's come out of this smelling like roses. Perfectly played.

I hope that statement clears up one thing - that Shepherd and Hall Jnr f***ed the club over financially during their time here. Who gives a s*** about a brief flirtation in the top four (a feat which they undid anyway within two years) when Shepherd has effectively done exactly the same thing as Peter Risdale, mortgaged the club's future on s*** signings.

The real criminal in our fall from grace is Shepherd. f*** him.

That shouldn't be overlooked but I'm sure it will by some.

So what happens if keegan targets the wrong type of players?

They fail. Just like hundreds of multi-million pound players up and down the country do every year. He then lives and dies by that, as the man with the final say.

I don't see why Keegan is viewed by some as an irresponsible spender.

given the choice i wouldn't want keegan making those decisions on his own. i don't trust him blindly.