The official Fat Fred Out campaign

Guest ToonFanNorway
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest stormrider

For this to work you need to give up your day jobs tbh.

I wasn't a big part from the hitzfeld campaign, although i did tell every toon fan i know about it. Did you have to dedicate a lot of time for it?

For the Hitzfeld campaign there were so many involved work got spread. This thing should be easier though because its more concentrated and you aren't trying to preach four ways like the Hitzfeld thing aimed for: Fans, media, club and Hitzfeld himself.

I spent most of my time on e-mails, News Now and looking about on Google and aye, it did take up a lot of time.

that's what i'm trying to do, divide the work so no one has to quit his daily job.

Guest stormrider

for those doing no.2

before we start, you guys gotta make sure you send elegant, decent emails. after all it will present our campaign website to the media.

Guest stormrider

A Freddy Shepherd out -campaign led by toonarmy "EH, EH!!" norway and störmrider. :lol:

I re-state here that I'm not the campaign leader.

not really. aslong as everyone knows what they are doing, and are willing to help. there is no need for a "leader". yes maybe someone who can be the spokes man sorta thing. the person u ask stuff about related to the campaign. but when it comes down to the work of this .. everyone should help out the same.

yes when someone asks whos running it.. a name should be mentioned.. but apart from when tahts the case.. i dont see the need of saying "hes" leading this.

Guest stormrider

does it matter who is "leading" this??? as long as everyone who cares about the club chips iin and helps out then it shouldnt make a difference to be honest

yes it does

I agree, it does need a leader, but I can't find anyone who is interested in leading that campaign, while actually having the experience to lead  one.

anyone got any plans/ideas to get this started on thursday night?

i would suggest printing out as many flyers as you can (off your home printer) or from works printers (photocopier also)

and take as many as you can carry to the game.. and iether dish htem out by hand fulls to people and get them to pass them on etc. or just put piles of them in places people walk past... etc.

as many people possible printing some out and passing them on for other people to do the same will get a even/decent amount of flyers to be shown all ova the ground rather than in 1 little section of the crowd

and it wont take much ink off u printing them as its only black ink and only writing..

do it!! it will be easy and wont cost much etc.

Just a few ideas.

A website containing pure fact about the man is needed. All the bad stuff, and a well written peice about those who are involved, as well as an equally good peice (in terms of quality) about Freddy himself.

The website should contain membership as well as the ability to sign the petition. Inc a forum where members can discuss ideas, what they've done, and any advice can be given, show there's a real place for those against him to live, should build following, support and community.

Members should promote the campaign as often as they can, you need a catchy name 'Toon Against Loon' (shite i know but) something people can remember, and more importantly, something the media can latch onto and use, like SOS (save our seats)

The media are always after an easy story, give them it, but it need to build momentum first.

The takeover talk is a great platform to use, as there looks like there could be a light at the end of the tunnel, more may join if they think they can achieve something. Again Belgravia should be examined, they should also be contacted once the site is up and running with members, they may feel they have fans support for a takeoever, and winning the fans is the part they need to get right.

Is there anyway or one who could support small funding? (Like Brian May with manu against the takeoever?)

Because as well as a catchy name for this campaign, a logo is needed, and that logo could quite eaily be made into stickers, and eventually badges, or some other way fans at the match can recognise each other without swinging from lamposts.

The more people who not only know, but publicaly support the idea, the more chance you'll turn SJP, and the sheep, those who didn't want to cause trouble etc, will finally join with the movement, its always the same.

If it ever got to that stage, which is where you need to be aiming, or the whole thing is pointless, then the media will be all over it, and FS will be feeling the heat, especially if Belgravia are kept in the know about what the fans want, are doing, and are trying to achieve.

Just some thoughts like, but if i were going for it, this is how id do it.  blueyes.gif

Just a few ideas.

A website containing pure fact about the man is needed. All the bad stuff, and a well written peice about those who are involved, as well as an equally good peice (in terms of quality) about Freddy himself.

The website should contain membership as well as the ability to sign the petition. Inc a forum where members can discuss ideas, what they've done, and any advice can be given, show there's a real place for those against him to live, should build following, support and community.

Members should promote the campaign as often as they can, you need a catchy name 'Toon Against Loon' (shite i know but) something people can remember, and more importantly, something the media can latch onto and use, like SOS (save our seats)

The media are always after an easy story, give them it, but it need to build momentum first.

The takeover talk is a great platform to use, as there looks like there could be a light at the end of the tunnel, more may join if they think they can achieve something. Again Belgravia should be examined, they should also be contacted once the site is up and running with members, they may feel they have fans support for a takeoever, and winning the fans is the part they need to get right.

Is there anyway or one who could support small funding? (Like Brian May with manu against the takeoever?)

Because as well as a catchy name for this campaign, a logo is needed, and that logo could quite eaily be made into stickers, and eventually badges, or some other way fans at the match can recognise each other without swinging from lamposts.

The more people who not only know, but publicaly support the idea, the more chance you'll turn SJP, and the sheep, those who didn't want to cause trouble etc, will finally join with the movement, its always the same.

If it ever got to that stage, which is where you need to be aiming, or the whole thing is pointless, then the media will be all over it, and FS will be feeling the heat, especially if Belgravia are kept in the know about what the fans want, are doing, and are trying to achieve.

Just some thoughts like, but if i were going for it, this is how id do it.  blueyes.gif

how about something straight to the point  FAT FRED OUT

Just a few ideas.

how about something straight to the point  FAT FRED OUT

The press wont call him Fat Fred, although i totally agree with you.

Give the press the bait.

Obviously the Chronicle wont go for it, and again, that would be another huge angle to go at as well.

How bout...

Free From Fred?

Fans Against Fred?

United Against Shepherd/Fred/or something like that.

United For Change...

I like the United part, as the club is so far from it becuase of the current board.

Ok, I have been discussing this with a few people on here via PM etc and we need to get things moving.

I think we need a place to discuss this, come to an agreement on a title for the campaign and get a good organised website up and running.

For obvious reasons this place simply cannot back the campaign at this stage and it will be very hard to get other established websites and forums to back the campaign as yet. It needs to be well organised and professional looking so people and the media take notice and don't just think it is a bunch of kids.

For that reason I have decided to create a forum simple to the shepherd out campaign, to get things going, discuss what to do and how to go about it and who is going to do what.

The link is provided below.

Please register and get involved, we need this if we want this to be a success.

http://shepherdout1.proboards91.com/index.cgi