Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yawn.

No-one is saying that "Ashley has been so negatively influenced by a week of supporter protesting and criticism from NUSC". They're saying that some of the actions seem counter-productive when one of NUSC's main goals is to actually engage in discussion with the man.

NUSC needs to stay away from editorials and articles, leave that to the fanzines and fan sites like .com, here, toontastic etc. although some of the stick they get is sad and you do sense a case of they just can't win with whatever they do.

Well I don't agree with that, they just can't win with what they're doing at the moment, because what they're doing at the moment is unprofessional and pointless.

Yawn.

No-one is saying that "Ashley has been so negatively influenced by a week of supporter protesting and criticism from NUSC". They're saying that some of the actions seem counter-productive when one of NUSC's main goals is to actually engage in discussion with the man.

Yes they are. Fredbob is just one example of the people who blame the protesters and NUSC for Ashley deciding to sell and the club's current situation.

NUSC have tried multiple times to open a dialogue, and have just been completely ignored. Maybe they should have used the money raised to fly to Barbados and discuss it over drinks, but it seems Ashley prefers to do his talking via the NOTW.

Yawn.

Yes they are. Fredbob is just one example of the people who blame the protesters and NUSC for Ashley deciding to sell and the club's current situation.

That's sort of fair enough but I thought we were specifically talking about the NUSC? I was under the impression that they were set up in the wake of him deciding to sell.

UV have you got anything constructive to add?

Yeah, I have. If you think Ashley has been so negatively influenced by a week of supporter protesting and criticism from NUSC, why don't you organise an Ashley supporter rally and start up a counter organisation, NUSWTMAIG, and try and persuade him to invest some of the money the club generates back into the squad? I'm not really sure why you didn't start it up ages ago to try and persuade him to stay on as owner and get a decent manager in, but never mind, it's still not too late...

You mean no. O0

What is your opinion on the countdown timer?  That's what we're talking about.

Whatever you think about NUSC, the fact is that if our fans hadn't protested in the way they did then Ashley would never have decided to sell. Blame goes to him as well for being so spineless, but the fans have to take their share too.

And why did the fans feel the need to protest?

Whatever you think about NUSC, the fact is that if our fans hadn't protested in the way they did then Ashley would never have decided to sell. Blame goes to him as well for being so spineless, but the fans have to take their share too.

Because they loved Kevin Keegan.

And the mis-management from the top level of the club.

Maybe they worked that out in the end, but I'm sure the initial outcry was people's love for KK blinding them to any other possibilities. I doubt we would have reacted the same if Ashley had 'mismanaged' another person out of the manager's job.

Anyway, this thread's not about how amazing/evil Mike Ashley is, don't want to side track it too much!

That's not a fact at all. IMO he's been looking to sell since January.

That's not a fact at all. IMO he's been looking to sell since January.

The thing about this situation is that there are many questions and situations which undermine the negative view that most fans are portrying. Questions which arent even being considered let alone answered.

Ashley was always keen to sell. So why not sell to ADUG and numerous other reported takeover attempts "for the quick profit he was always after"

Ashley had no intention to spend money. Well why put in huge bids forplayers such as Modric, why spend club record moeny for Collocini when they could pay £1m for another Bassong and make an even bigger profit on the Milner sale?

Keegan was only here to accomadate players signed by people above him. He had no say on players. Well why did they act so late in the window? Why didnt they just undermine him from the start of the window if that was always there intention? How come Keegan was allowed to say no to Zayatte and Skeljbred?

No one who has negative views on Ashley has actually given me a viable answer to any of these questions let alone an legitimate scenario which would explain the chain of events.

All ive heard is the same lines of thought over and over again - Our squad is shit (which it isnt) becasue Ashley made a profit this summer rahter than investing heavily in the team, therefore he;s only interested in making a profit and Ashley has "lied" to us therefore he is always lying to us, i dont see anyone questionng why what happened, happened.

The evil genius. Good job we have some wise old heads supporting the club otheriwse he'd of taken over the world.

Guest Jawesome

I just hate it when folk come on SSN saying that "All toon fans propa want Keeegan bak n Ashley to fuk off lyk y'knaa worra meeeen?"  Well no we don't.  We have minds of our own.  Stop pretending anyone is speaking for the entire 'Geordie Nation' when people have their own ideas about what they want for their club.

I for one don't want Keegan anywhere near our club ever again, whilst I appreciate what he's done for us in the past.  I'd also like to see Ashley back with his 'cronies' as I feel they did a decent job in their policy of looking to youth.  Anyone know where our kids are in the league these days by the way?  Top.  Aye, thought so.  Wankers.  How dare they ruin our club.

Nah, they didn't love that like.

Edit - Gah, did you just change you post, can't remember what I was replying to now. :frantic: :lol:

Something along the lines that they need to come out and reaffirm what line they are taking or something?....  :undecided:

Even their backers say that (read below), though sadly it would be back to the hard line stance, not the more measured approach we thought they might be moving towards.

"While all insundry are being slaughtered, I might as well get on a roll and confess to being alarmed by some of the comments coming from the Interim Chair of the Newcastle United Supporters Club (NUSC) about Ashley in last week’s Journal.

From what I can recall of the article it quoted the Chair as saying supporters were ready to forgive Ashley for what has gone on and give him a second chance providing he started running the club properly, which is akin to saying we’d love Xisco in the team if he was a decent player and that Christine from the ONE Shpw would fancy me if I was better looking. I’m confused - more than usual.

Having attended an all members and public meeting last month I can say this is not the democratic expressed intentions of the NUSC and the Chair has either been hideously misquoted (always possible given the journalist involved – see above) or the Chair has gone completely off-message and ignored the expressed democratically expressed views of the NUSC membership. Whether there are supporters who sympathise with these views (I’d guess a very small proportion) is neither here nor there, there needs some clarification on what the NUSC is up to before Mags lose sight of where it’s going.

Having been button-holed by a Mag of my acquaintance of many years standing and heard accusations of “appeasement” it is an urgent requirement of the NUSC to make a clear statement about its intentions. When it formed it was seen by many, me included, as a vehicle to up the pressure on Ashley to sell and fuck off whilst at the same time develop a long term strategy to represent supporters more centrally within the running of NUFC. That was what was decided at public members meeting and it is a challenge for the new NUSC leadership to provide that leadership.

I’m informed there is an NUSC committee meeting tomorrow evening and The Journal interview will be raised. Hopefully, there will be some news to follow and relay to you."

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/tf/editorials.nsf/LookupUNID/FE6C5B7C19DBF92F802575180048BA55?OpenDocument

Oh and I'm not saying his views represent TF before anyone starts, as with any mag they allow a range of opinion from their writers, and this fella just happens to be fairly hardcore I guess ("Best of luck to KK and the legal action between himself and Ashley." etc).

No. 2: well duuh! I wonder why he might not want to talk to the fans perhaps...? Nope, can't get it, anyone know?

Well duh, no I don't. You make it sound like 2 lover's who've had a tiff. I suppose you believe that the banks which have folded due to poor management whose customer's got a bit upset with them for losing their savings owe no one any apologies or explanation? They're entitled to stay silent and do nothing because they've been upset by their nasty customer's mean reactions. It's not their fault people with really bad credit ratings defaulted on their loans after all.

Are you saying that you think Ashley and Co have not tried to explain their view of what happened and why? If you are, then you must have forgotten that at first they made a number of statements attempting to do this. For which, they were almost universally slated, largely because their explanations didn't fit with the views that the majority of fans hold. For the most part the fans that hold those views do so very strongly - despite the fact that they are based predominantly on hearsay and rumour - and their response to the club's statements reflected that. Ever since Keegan walked anything coming out of the club has been met with almost total disdain and a large number of the fans have shown that they are totally unwilling to accept anything that goes even slightly against the commonly held view that there is one group totally at fault for what happened and that it isn't Keegan. Given this, it's hardly surprising that the club have stopped communicating with the fans, as it's a futile exercise if nobody believes a word they say and dismisses everything as propaganda.

Did you really need it spelled out? I doubt it, but there you go.

Oh and there's no comparison with the banks, it's an entirely different situation.

Edit - Gah, did you just change you post, can't remember what I was replying to now. :frantic: :lol:

Something along the lines that they need to come out and reaffirm what line they are taking or something?....  :undecided:

Even their backers say that (read below), though sadly it would be back to the hard line stance, not the more measured approach we thought they might be moving towards.

"While all insundry are being slaughtered, I might as well get on a roll and confess to being alarmed by some of the comments coming from the Interim Chair of the Newcastle United Supporters Club (NUSC) about Ashley in last week’s Journal.

From what I can recall of the article it quoted the Chair as saying supporters were ready to forgive Ashley for what has gone on and give him a second chance providing he started running the club properly, which is akin to saying we’d love Xisco in the team if he was a decent player and that Christine from the ONE Shpw would fancy me if I was better looking. I’m confused - more than usual.

Having attended an all members and public meeting last month I can say this is not the democratic expressed intentions of the NUSC and the Chair has either been hideously misquoted (always possible given the journalist involved – see above) or the Chair has gone completely off-message and ignored the expressed democratically expressed views of the NUSC membership. Whether there are supporters who sympathise with these views (I’d guess a very small proportion) is neither here nor there, there needs some clarification on what the NUSC is up to before Mags lose sight of where it’s going.

Having been button-holed by a Mag of my acquaintance of many years standing and heard accusations of “appeasement” it is an urgent requirement of the NUSC to make a clear statement about its intentions. When it formed it was seen by many, me included, as a vehicle to up the pressure on Ashley to sell and fuck off whilst at the same time develop a long term strategy to represent supporters more centrally within the running of NUFC. That was what was decided at public members meeting and it is a challenge for the new NUSC leadership to provide that leadership.

I’m informed there is an NUSC committee meeting tomorrow evening and The Journal interview will be raised. Hopefully, there will be some news to follow and relay to you."

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/tf/editorials.nsf/LookupUNID/FE6C5B7C19DBF92F802575180048BA55?OpenDocument

'From what he can recall of the article'? He hasnt even read it and he/she's having a whinge. The postion is, as far as i am aware, that if Ashley cant sell the club because of the economic climate, we need to try and get him to re-engage with the club and protect his asset.