Joe Kinnear

Skirge

When Joe Kinnear landed at Newcastle airport on Friday night he spent 10 minutes wandering around arrivals looking increasingly lost and forlorn. With no one from St James' Park having bothered to collect him, Kevin Keegan's interim successor eventually headed outside alone before joining a taxi queue.

:blush:

When Joe Kinnear landed at Newcastle airport on Friday night he spent 10 minutes wandering around arrivals looking increasingly lost and forlorn. With no one from St James' Park having bothered to collect him, Kevin Keegan's interim successor eventually headed outside alone before joining a taxi queue.

Hell's teeth.  :undecided:

If true, :lol:, It's fucking shocking!

If true, :lol:, It's fucking shocking!

It's just basic common courtesy to have someone there to meet him when he lands. No excuses for that if it's true. 

nufc.com making totally unnecessary negative remarks about what Kinnear has said today in an attempt to rally the team and supporters.

What Kinnear said makes sense and is exactly what he should be saying, in these desperate times it would be best if everyone with Newcastle's interest at heart rallied around until a permanent change is made. Kinnear like everyone knows (including himself) is here to do a dirty and temporary job that no one else (including King Kev) wants right now. Perhaps the boys at NUFC should just support the club and stop using their medium for their own agendas once again.

For the record here's what Kinnear said. Hardly offensive is it ?

"A team like Newcastle United should not be in the position it is in today, But a couple of wins will change the situation, and it is up to me to bring out the best in them.

"There's a fear factor and I have never had that in the dressing room before. In fact, in my time at Wimbledon, the place was always bubbling.

"Now what the Newcastle United players need to do is to clear their minds and focus on the job.

"When my career is over, I will be able to say I worked at Newcastle with the best supporters in the world.

"As far as Habib Beye is concerned, he is joining the first team squad for training tomorrow and with the fact we have an extra day, I would say that his chances of coming back are 50-50.

Confirming talk of a possible return for Stephen Carr:

"We are looking at his position, but a lot will depend on his fitness. We are short at both right and left-back, and it is not fair asking young boys who are really central defenders to play there.

"When that happens, they look what they are - central defenders playing as full-backs.

"Stephen Carr is available and he is an experienced full-back, so we will just have to wait and see.'

"When that happens, they look what they are - central defenders playing as full-backs.

I've been waiting for one of our managers to say that for years and then Joe Kinnear says it.  f*** Keegan, Kinnear is god.

Yes. Sometimes simplicity AND what 50,000 fans can see with their own eyes IS the correct answer.

Good on yer Joe - it's a simple game - why complicate things ?

Guest MrSundlofer

'Joe to go Brittish all-in'. There is a story on nufc.co.uk that Kinnear says Butt, Owen, Duff, Given and Taylor all is top class. Butt???

Jonás, Coloccini, Beye, Martins, N'Zogbia?

I think Ameobi will play on sunday...

'Joe to go Brittish all-in'. There is a story on nufc.co.uk that Kinnear says Butt, Owen, Duff, Given and Taylor all is top class. Butt???

He'll see them in training and I'm sure he'll have watched all of our games this season so he'll know about colo, Jonas, Martins and Zog but he probably thinks Zog is just a poor leftback.

He's also talking up Taylor and Coloccini, you wouldn't really expect much else from a new manager trying to raise morale. Good interview in the Journal:

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/10/02/positive-joe-has-15-point-target-for-magpies-61634-21944774/

Positive Joe has 15 point target for Magpies

Oct 2 2008 by Mark Douglas, The Journal

NEWCASTLE interim manager Joe Kinnear has targeted 15 points from his eight-game tenure as he continues his mission to lift the gloom that has enveloped St James’s Park.

After two days’ work on the training ground, United’s new temporary boss believes he has already seen signs that the team are beginning to regain confidence after their horrendous start to the campaign.

He believes salvation lies with senior professionals like Nicky Butt, Shay Given, Michael Owen and Damien Duff, the quartet that he thinks are the “driving force” of the team.

And he has also believes that Steven Taylor and Shola Ameobi can ‘step up’ and take their chance to become key players in the Newcastle team.

After being dismayed by the negative reporting of his appointment Kinnear is determined to put across a positive message ahead of a crucial game at Goodison Park on Sunday, and re-iterate his belief that United’s poor season can be turned around.

“Of course I’m positive about the job – this is a fantastic football club. There’s been a lot of things written and said about this football club, most of it rubbish, but I can see the belief coming back in the players on the training ground,” he said.

“I believe I’ll only be in the job for eight games because the takeover is near and that’s 24 points to play for. If I had every single one of the squad available then I’d go for broke and say I’m after all 24. But with the players we’re missing – and I think we’re missing about seven key men – I think 15 is a realistic target.

“I want to give everyone connected with club a lift. We’ve done some fantastic work on the training pitch and we’re going to Everton in a serious frame of mind and believing that we can win.

“The fans have suffered along with everyone but they’re a fantastic asset for this football club. I sat in the stadium on Saturday and the only good thing that came out of the afternoon was the supporters.”

Kinnear is fully aware of the injury problems that he inherits, and admits it is unlikely he will be able to pick injured striker Mark Viduka during his tenure.

With such thin resources, Kinnear has highlighted his experienced quartet of Duff, Owen, Given and Butt as key to the revival. And he has also pin-pointed major roles for Academy products Taylor and Ameobi.

“The four experienced lads – they will be the backbone of my team. They’re the ones we’re looking to give everyone a lift and they’re the driving force of the team,” he said.

“I have been working with the defence all week and I have been saying to Tayls that I want him to be more vocal, to have more presence and to organise the back four.

“He’s got a great future ahead of him in the game and this is a great chance for him

to show us what he can do. Shola Ameobi is another one. He’s got enormous potential – he’s a big strong athletic lad and if we can sort out his head he could be awesome for us.

“I know people have said some things about the lad but this is his chance. He’ll get fantastic service from quality players in this team and my message to him is that he can be a real handful if he believes in himself. It’s an incredible opportunity for him.”

Kinnear’s position is assured until a takeover deal can be brokered, something that he believes will have moved close to completion by the end of the month.

The latest round of speculation has a group of British-based South Africans at the head of six rival consortiums that have been given access to Newcastle’s books.

The group – which has called itself New Newcastle United – were reported to be keen on offering Kevin Keegan a stake in the club as part of their attempts to coax him back to the United dug out.

The only consortium to have confirmed their interest is made up of Nigerian businessmen and represented by entertainment mogul Chris Nathaniel, who has claimed that a £200m offer for the club was lodged on Friday. They, too, are reported to have made overtures to former United manager Keegan to return to the club.

Shola infuriates the hell out of me, but everything Kinnear has said about him is true. The problems all have to do with self belief and getting his head right.

We really don't need him to be that spectacular. All we need is for him to not keep getting caught offside and not foul the defender everytime he goes to win the ball in the air. He just needs to be a nuisance and essentially try to do the same type of job Heskey does for Owen in international games. It really shouldn't be that difficult for him.

With the mess were in at the moment we could do with Shola having a few half decent games and allowing for Xisco to be brought along slowly and not thrust into such a volatile situation so soon.

I like what Kinnear has had to say. He has placed the responsibility on the right players shoulders and of those mentioned only Given and Owen have come through for us. Butt and Duff really need to uderstand that they have a huge responsibility to do better out on the pitch.

Even giving Taylor that extra responsibility is a clever little ploy to boost his confidence and self belief at a time when he has been woeful. At the very least it should help him stay switched on and more focused during our upcoming games.

I'm ever so slightly encouraged by what i'm hearing. Here's hoping it works.

Shola infuriates the hell out of me, but everything Kinnear has said about him is true. The problems all have to do with self belief and getting his head right.

We really don't need him to be that spectacular. All we need is for him to not keep getting caught offside and not foul the defender everytime he goes to win the ball in the air. He just needs to be a nuisance and essentially try to do the same type of job Heskey does for Owen in international games. It really shouldn't be that difficult for him.

With the mess were in at the moment we could do with Shola having a few half decent games and allowing for Xisco to be brought along slowly and not thrust into such a volatile situation so soon.

I like what Kinnear has had to say. He has placed the responsibility on the right players shoulders and of those mentioned only Given and Owen have come through for us. Butt and Duff really need to uderstand that they have a huge responsibility to do better out on the pitch.

Even giving Taylor that extra responsibility is a clever little ploy to boost his confidence and self belief at a time when he has been woeful. At the very least it should help him stay switched on and more focused during our upcoming games.

I'm ever so slightly encouraged by what i'm hearing. Here's hoping it works.

In fairness Kinnear couldn't be doing any more right now. Positivity has been zero and he is doing the right thing in talking everything up and trying to get the players lifted. I reckon we've been beaten before we even went on the park since the Hull game.

Good signs from  Kinnear under extremely difficult circumstances.

Even Keegan loved Butt and saw him as a key guy in our team with bags of experience.

It's depressing.

I think when managers work with them on a day to day basis and see their commitement etc in training their vision of their on the field performances can sometimes be blurred.  It's alot easier for Butt to look class in a training session which is obviously not at the tempo of a league game and managers always want experience in their sides.

Even Keegan loved Butt and saw him as a key guy in our team with bags of experience.

It's depressing.

I think when managers work with them on a day to day basis and see their commitement etc in training their vision of their on the field performances can sometimes be blurred.  It's alot easier for Butt to look class in a training session which is obviously not at the tempo of a league game and managers always want experience in their sides.

butt is very similar to david batty. wins the ball,organises  and keeps his ditribution simple. if he has no options and is forced into trying hoddle style passing he'll look worse than he is.

It's depressing.

butt is very similar to david batty. wins the ball,organises  and keeps his ditribution simple. if he has no options and is forced into trying hoddle style passing he'll look worse than he is.

There are only two ways Butt can be effective in midfield for me:

1) He has three other highly mobile midifelders around him who will provide lots of options.

2) We bypass the midifeld and go long ball in which case he just becomes a ball winner to break up the opposition play.

I've a feeling Kinnear will go towards option 2 if he's talking about using Shola. He obviously hasn't realised Ameobi has got a head like a 50p coin.

It's depressing.

1) He has three other highly mobile midifelders around him who will provide lots of options.

2) We bypass the midifeld and go long ball in which case he just becomes a ball winner to break up the opposition play.

I've a feeling Kinnear will go towards option 2 if he's talking about using Shola. He obviously hasn't realised Ameobi has got a head like a 50p coin.

the mobility has always been the thing for me. all the good teams and football at its best to watch is built on movement and the player with the ball having options. not just from the midfield but the forwards and increasingly in todays football,the fullbacks.

It's depressing.

the mobility has always been the thing for me. all the good teams and football at its best to watch is built on movement and the player with the ball having options. not just from the midfield but the forwards and increasingly in todays football,the fullbacks.

If Duff, Guthrie and N'Zogbia are the three other midfielders then Butt's role is more suited to what he can actually do. That's depending on the other three providing lots of movement and wanting the ball to start with, and providing end product in an ideal world.

You are right though, if the forwards and full backs do their part, it makes a hell of a difference to the flow of the team as a whole.

Guest Toon Barmy

Just as I expected

"I am contracted for eight games, but I assume that should due diligence and the deals go on a little bit longer, it may run into 10 or 12 games."

8 games is end of November, not OCTOBER and he could be here easily until the newyear.

So we and the Players are going to have to get behind him, if we don't and both players and fans continue to sulk, then we'll be down by Christmas.

Just as I expected

"I am contracted for eight games, but I assume that should due diligence and the deals go on a little bit longer, it may run into 10 or 12 games."

8 games is end of November, not OCTOBER and he could be here easily until the newyear.

So we and the Players are going to have to get behind him, if we don't and both players and fans continue to sulk, then we'll be down by Christmas.

8 games would take him up to the Wigan game, Nov 15th. 12 would be up to Portsmouth Dec 13th.

Guest johnson293

In today's Chronic, it says he's drawing up a transfer list, just in case he's still in charge come the January transfer window!  ???

Even if he was, how much is he gonna be able to spend if the club is still in a state of flux, with a potential sale either going through, or still potentially just a round the corner?

With all due respect to Kinnear, if we are taken over beforehand, I can't see the new owners keeping him on much beyond his 8 match 'contract'.

In today's Chronic, it says he's drawing up a transfer list, just in case he's still in charge come the January transfer window!  ???

Even if he was, how much is he gonna be able to spend if the club is still in a state of flux, with a potential sale either going through, or still potentially just a round the corner?

With all due respect to Kinnear, if we are taken over beforehand, I can't see the new owners keeping him on much beyond his 8 match 'contract'.

And more importantly, don't he know that transfers isn't part of his job?

And more importantly, don't he know that transfers isn't part of his job?

:lol: