Joe Kinnear

Skirge

Wikipedia:

Newcastle United

Joe Kinnear was appointed as an unwanted interim manager by the discredited board of Newcastle United on Septmeber 26th 2008. Mick Quinn says he is rubbush

he is a bad manager! Worst Appointment of the decade!

What are you going to be like if they lose his first game ?

I'm prepared to give him a chance.

No surprise you're not.

Trust you to miss out the bit where it says "Wikipedia", there.

Yes, I did - but your reputation preceeded it.

I hope he gets a massive reception from the crowd on his first appearance.

Definitely underwhelmed, but respect to a man who's never shyed away from a challenge, and who has walked stright into the firing line taking this job.

Hey Joe, welcome to the circus.

Well said.

I'd have said The Insane Circus though.

Said it elsewhere, but while I didn't expect a major managerial appointment for a temporary role, how long was the list of candidates for it to get to Joe Kinnear's name????:kasper:

Less than five when going through Wise's old mates.

Btw, just thinking, how many people of you have got sacked from their respective jobs in September, especially those that work at computers? :razz: The unemployment scale in Newcastle must be through the roof this month - with the club dropping bombs like this every five minutes. :lol:

Think the negative attitude towards Kinnear is awful. Nobody was going to touch the job on a short term contract with the possibility of a takeover. All we needed was a manager at the helm who the players might show a bit of respect to, and I think Kinnear is a good choice for that. Having said that, they better fucking hurry up and sell...

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Has anyone tried to make a positive out of this yet?

The last time we won a trophy we were managed by a bloke called Joe.

It's a Howard Wilkinson moment

Howard Wilkinson is another miserable bastard from the Pearce/Hoddle camp. Big Joe is more of an  'Appy 'Arry sort. The players will take to him and he will lift the camp.

Joe gets my vote  O0

Shows the state we are in. Fair play to the bloke for being one of the few not to turn us down. Full support to the guy, and we'll see what the new lot are like in october.

Keegan and Shearer to placate the fans though huh, what a joke this club has become. 8 months till the new owners are driven out?

Guest elbee909

Wikipedia:

Newcastle United

Joe Kinnear was appointed as an unwanted interim manager by the discredited board of Newcastle United on Septmeber 26th 2008. Mick Quinn says he is rubbush

he is a bad manager! Worst Appointment of the decade!

What are you going to be like if they lose his first game ?

I'm prepared to give him a chance.

No surprise you're not.

Trust you to miss out the bit where it says "Wikipedia", there.

Yes, I did - but your reputation preceeded it.

My reputation!  Heh.  Give him a chance, of course.  As long as he's not Nigerian though, eh?  :rolleyes:

Goina be a long long month October  :blush:

Can you see the future? It's better to have a manager then a No2 that has no desire to be a No1. Who else will take the job?

Interesting to hear him say on Five Live he's not even spoken to Dennis Wise. There was a newspaper article this morning saying Ashley was going to step in wasn't there? Right again. Seems Ashley's not right impressed with Wise, given the Keegan meetings and now this.

Guest Toon1981

Can you imagine what Collocini and Jonas are thinking at the minute?  Left decent teams in La Liga where life, i presume, was sweet enough, came over here thinking they were gonna be part of something.  Keegan fucks off, fans go mental, Director agrees to sell, The man behind Rio's world cup wind-ups fronts a bid by a bunch of faceless Nigerians to buy us out, and then..TA-DA!!!! We get Joe Kinnear in as manager!  They must be wondering if they are the butt of some Truman Show style practical joke being run on Spanish Tele. 

If you'd told me we'd be here a day before the transfer deadline closed, I.....I.....ugh!

The ONLY way this could have gotten any more daft is if we'd appointed Vinnie Jones as Director of Hardness and David Beasant as overseer of a newly created Quality-of-Perm Department.