Coloccini wants out; Sevilla confirm interest

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest MrSundlofer

Still would like to see him in midfield. He is a good reader of the game and will provide a good cover for the back four. Didn't Keegan say he wanted to use him as a playmaker? Put him in midfield in january and buy two tall central defenders.

--------------x----------------

x-------x----------x--------x

----------Coloccini----------

------Barton-----------------

-----------------Jonás-------

-x---------------------------x-

--------------x----------------

Colo & Taylor are our best centrebacks, they both need to play. I was all for Bassong being given a go a centre back but we are in the crud so we need our better players playing as much as possible.

Bassong and Cacapa are so far ahead of Taylor it's daft man

Colo & Taylor are our best centrebacks, they both need to play. I was all for Bassong being given a go a centre back but we are in the crud so we need our better players playing as much as possible.

Taylor is in the team as the big stopper. Those two are far better defenders but pair them with Coloccini and we might be vulnerable in the air. We are even with Taylor in there tbh.

Taylor is in the team as the big stopper. Those two are far better defenders but pair them with Coloccini and we might be vulnerable in the air. We are even with Taylor in there tbh.

he stops fuck all and backs off all the time though. Anyone would think he's the sweeper

Still doesn't fully convince me like, although he's playing better individually of late.

Aye same, he can look very good at times and then others looks distinctly average. He should always be the one marking the 'smaller' forward though as he gets beat too much in the air.

he stops f*** all and backs off all the time though. Anyone would think he's the sweeper

If there is one thing that I find unforgiveable in a defender it is when they continously back off an advancing attacker. I hate it with a passion. It is probably my biggest problem with Taylor. Justin Hoyte is another who specializes in this brainless tactic.

Face up to the player, try and time it right and get a challenge in. I have seen Taylor back off till he is literally just outside the 6 yard box. It is criminal. If anything you want to make sure you get your challenge in before the opposing player is in the penalty box for goodness sake.

It makes me cry.

I dont think so, I think the manager is bang on with his current picks at back & midfield tbh. I love some of the "technical talk" bollocks further down in this thread  :thup:

he stops f*** all and backs off all the time though. Anyone would think he's the sweeper

If there is one thing that I find unforgiveable in a defender it is when they continously back off an advancing attacker. I hate it with a passion. It is probably my biggest problem with Taylor. Justin Hoyte is another who specializes in this brainless tactic.

Face up to the player, try and time it right and get a challenge in. I have seen Taylor back off till he is literally just outside the 6 yard box. It is criminal. If anything you want to make sure you get your challenge in before the opposing player is in the penalty box for goodness sake.

It makes me cry.

I've wondered about that for years, but it happens so often I can only think that it must be coached as the best way to defend.

It makes me cry.

I've wondered about that for years, but it happens so often I can only think that it must be coached as the best way to defend.

none of our other defenders do it/did it though.

Bramble would charge at people all the time, even Ramage knew when not to back off

Is anyone else seriously fed up of how, every once in a while, we sign a class player - see Colo, Emre, Jonas, Owen - and yet we don't get to truly enjoy their quality football... simply because we're biting our nails that their respective strike/midfield/defensive partner isn't up to scratch. Fucking frustrating.

Is anyone else seriously fed up of how, every once in a while, we sign a class player - see Colo, Emre, Jonas, Owen - and yet we don't get to truly enjoy their quality football... simply because we're biting our nails that their respective strike/midfield/defensive partner isn't up to scratch. f***ing frustrating.

We've always half heartedly filled our squad with quality players since the first Keegan era. We got away with it under Bobby (look at our defence back then). As a club whenever we build up some momentum we normally spectacularly shoot ourselves in the foot.

It makes me cry.

Bramble would charge at people all the time, even Ramage knew when not to back off

Taylors problem is he can't tackle properly, he knows it and that's why he doesn't often tackle in the box.  Sure he can launch into crunching tackles on the touchline or halfway line (which he often misses) and he'll throw himself in front of someone to block a shot in the area, but when it comes to proper tackling where the risks are high, he can't take the ball cleanly like Beye or Coliccini can.

It makes me cry.

Taylors problem is he can't tackle properly, he knows it and that's why he doesn't often tackle in the box.  Sure he can launch into crunching tackles on the touchline or halfway line (which he often misses) and he'll throw himself in front of someone to block a shot in the area, but when it comes to proper tackling where the risks are high, he can't take the ball cleanly like Beye or Coliccini can.

I'd agree with that analysis. He's poor on the ground, either with the ball at his feet or when he needs to tackle, and so he ends up trying to avoid certain situations rather than deal with them.

Sadly, I just think Taylor is too clumsy to make a top class centre back. He'll improve with time, but I don't think by much.

seems people are starting to sus Taylor out, so why the f*** is he anywhere near the team

Becasue its near impossible for a british manager to drop the england U21 captain for that reason alone.

Kinnear isn't British, wahey! :celb:

it's daft though, if they have a backbone it wouldn't mean f*** all to them

seems people are starting to sus Taylor out, so why the f*** is he anywhere near the team

Becasue its near impossible for a british manager to drop the england U21 captain for that reason alone.

Kinnear isn't British, wahey!

I always thought this - why is it that fans have this ability to be able to pick out crap players but the managers always seem to stick with them, through thick and thin.

Kinnear isn't British, wahey!

I always thought this - why is it that fans have this ability to be able to pick out crap players but the managers always seem to stick with them, through thick and thin.

Because the manager gets to see the alternatives in training, but supporters tend to have an inflated idea of how the alternatives will perform, especially if they haven't actually played in the first team for a while/much/at all.

Fabricio Coloccini can spike Villa guns – Kinnear

Nov 1 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

JOE KINNEAR is backing his central defender Fabricio Coloccini to put a spoke in high-flying Aston Villa’s wheels at St James’s Park on Monday night.

For the Newcastle United interim boss is convinced his £10m central defender has really adapted superbly to life in the Premier League after switching from La Liga just before the start of the season.

And this is backed up by the statistics, as the Argentinian international is the only outfield player to have started every game for United this season.

Not surprisingly, Coloccini took time to find his feet after really being thrown into the fray in the opener with Manchester United at Old Trafford just a couple of days after his switch from Deportivo La Coruna.

But those feet are now very much planted in the right direction.

With United trying keep a clean sheet against a Villa side which has weighed in with seven goals in their last two games, Kinnear said: “Fabricio’s a top-class player, and I think he’s been magnificent since I came here.

“I don’t know how he was playing prior to me coming here, but he has been exceptional since I have arrived.

“I see all the qualities he has in training every day. He’s quick, he reads the game well, he’s strong in the air, and he has all the qualities of a top-class player.

“He and Steven Taylor are a fantastic pairing, and I’m very happy with them.”