Coloccini wants out; Sevilla confirm interest

Guest Howaythetoon

Speaking of Collocini, he seems like a really nice bloke, he gos to where my dad works for his meat (he's a butcher in dobbies near darras hall) and he brought him and his mate 2 match worn signed shirts for xmas.

Put Franco Baresi next to Steven Taylor in central defence and he'd look like a donkey.

The quality of our fringe defenders is dangerously poor. If we don't add some strength in depth in January we'll  be one serious injury away from relegation.

Taylor and Edgar's poor marking yesterday was responsible for 3 of the goals we conceded and countless chances from set pieces. They highlighted it on MOTD and it was frightening how shit they both were. At half time we were 1-2 down having survived an onslaught. In the 2nd half we played with Edgar, Taylor, Collicini, N'Zogbia - 2 crap fringe players, a left winger and an experienced CB who is still adapting to the league. Is it any wonder Collicini had a bad game?

Taylor and Edgar's poor marking yesterday was responsible for 3 of the goals we conceded and countless chances from set pieces. They highlighted it on MOTD and it was frightening how shit they both were. At half time we were 1-2 down having survived an onslaught. In the 2nd half we played with Edgar, Taylor, Collicini, N'Zogbia - 2 crap fringe players, a left winger and an experienced CB who is still adapting to the league. Is it any wonder Collicini had a bad game?

plus, you forgot, he pretty much lost every single header he challenged for

down to taylor and edgar too?

Guest optimistic nit

He was poor today but he's formed an excellent partnership with Bassong which I hope to see them continuing.

I'd replace excellent with adequate.

given

come on htt man. beye-colo-bassong-enrique went 345 minutes with out conceding a goal. and have only conceded once together since wigan (and shola should get at least part of the blame for that one), and 3 times in total.

He was poor today but he's formed an excellent partnership with Bassong which I hope to see them continuing.

given

come on htt man. beye-colo-bassong-enrique went 345 minutes with out conceding a goal. and have only conceded once together since wigan, and 3 times in total.

HTT longs for Taylor to be the main CB once again  :rolleyes:

He's not actually slow himself, he's pretty quick he's just not used to the awareness of other players, like Gerrard, who make clever and powerful runs. He basically just hasn't adapted to that side of the league yet, tbf he does win quite a few headers when he goes up for them, but that isn't his job, he's the sweeper and he certainly isn't weak.

First season in a league that's very different to what he's been used to, in a team that's average to poor.

He's doing well and will get better in terms of consistency of performance.

I agree. We should be looking to bring in John Terry and Rio Ferdinand to form a top class centre back pairing with Steve Taylor providing hot competition to keep them on their toes  O0

Guest Howaythetoon

Just trying to keep it real here, its only a decent partnership when compared to our past defensive partnerships or the combination of others on our books at the moment but compared it to other defensive partnerships at other clubs and its adequate not excellent. 3 clean sheets isn't anything to get too excited about. As individuals they are good players, more than adequate. As a partnership, lets give it time before we start saying they are the best double act since Morcambe and Wise.

Just trying to keep it real here, its only a decent partnership when compared to our past defensive partnerships or the combination of others on our books at the moment but compared it to other defensive partnerships at other clubs and its adequate not excellent. 3 clean sheets isn't anything to get too excited about. As individuals they are good players, more than adequate. As a partnership, lets give it time before we start saying they are the best double act since Morcambe and Wise.

I'm easily pleased, and an improvement on what we have had for the last couple of seasons is good enough for me at the moment.

Just trying to keep it real here, its only a decent partnership when compared to our past defensive partnerships or the combination of others on our books at the moment but compared it to other defensive partnerships at other clubs and its adequate not excellent. 3 clean sheets isn't anything to get too excited about. As individuals they are good players, more than adequate. As a partnership, lets give it time before we start saying they are the best double act since Ashley and Wise.

fyp

Hes not that good in the air but hes a class act.

We need someone (Bassong looks hopefull) that can take care of the headers etc.

Get off Colo's back like why always looking for summit wrong?  There a hundred things that need sorting before we need to worry about him.

I think it's hard to judge any center back when he has inconsistent center midfielders in front of him.

This. Has been the case for a while with our defence too, have only just managed to get full backs in who can actually claim to be professional footballers.

Personally, I find it stunning that Kinnear played Edgar ahead of Geremi the other day.

Your not the only one...

JOE KINNEAR has backed his £10m defender Fabricio Coloccini to bounce back from his Liverpool nightmare However, while Kinnear accepts that Colo did not live up to his usually high standards, he was quick to support the South American.

He told the Chronicle today: “He’s Mr Reliable normally but he was below par against Liverpool.

“I can understand that.

“One of the reasons for that is because we didn’t have two of the usual back four playing.

“I’ve already said this season that we need to keep a settled back four.

“Also, Colo’s performance was probably to do with the quality of the team we were playing against.

Well I never............. ''Usual high standards'' and ''Mr Reliable''.   :lol:

He was shite against Liverpool but then who wasn't?

I know some people have said "Best defender since Woodgate" and thats fine, as long as saying doesn't take a twist to become as good or better than Woodgate because on this season performances he is not. He is not better than Bassong tbf.

Its being a tough season for him to adapt to to be fair.He has shown glimpses that he could be a class defender but he gets out muscled far too easy alot of the time.I would love to see him in dm,but that means we would have to sign another good centre back because I dont trust Taylor anymore

Woodgate played when we got bummed 2-6 by Man Yoo so no-ones perfect.

Straight up you think Colo is as good as Woodgate.

I am sure Woodgate has played in some of the stuffing Spurs have had this season as well.

1) No, but he's far more useful considering he plays every game.

2) I suppose he has. Can't be arsed to check.