Coloccini wants out; Sevilla confirm interest

Guest Howaythetoon

The whole team were uncomfortable in the second half, I can't see any point in having a go at one player.

Shit from the start tbh and if he is so good how come he can only play with bassong beside him,a good player should stand out amongst shit and until he gets used to the premiership and comfortable with it i will not judge him but was awful today but he was not helped by a woeful Taylor.

not looking like the player he was in spain

I think that's down to the fact of what he's surrounded by. If he had better players around him, he'd be better. He can't cover for everyone's mistakes and play his own game as well.

not the first time he's had a nightmare at home, remember the stoke game

not looking like the player he was in spain

He looked similar in his first season at Depor to how he has for us to be honest. Generally a good defender with some questionable performances here and there. The guys on the Depor forums said he'd take a season to properly settle in at least with us when we signed him.

My mate in Spain who used to play for Santander said when we signed Colo and Jonas, that we would love Jonas because he runs forward and back all day and that Colo is a good player but not physical enough for England. I repeat that he said this when we signed them, not after, and I think he has been pretty much spot on.

He was poor today but you can't underestimate what he had around him, 1 player can't make the team.  Sorry, he had nothing in front of him and he had nothing to the side of him, he’s the type of player who needs a bit of time, today he didn’t have it.

Guest Howaythetoon

He was poor today but he's formed an excellent partnership with Bassong which I hope to see them continuing.

I'd replace excellent with adequate.

He was poor today but he's formed an excellent partnership with Bassong which I hope to see them continuing.

in every partnership there are strengths and weaknesses, it only becomes a problem when said weaknesses are shared. Bassong compensates for Colo's physical faults it seems. Taylor just amplifies them tenfold.

I'd replace excellent with adequate.

I reckon they've looked very good together. Complement each other well, and a particularly promising partnership given their relative inexperience in this league.

first game we've played against liverpool with colo right?  astute spanish manager (benitez) who presumably knew enough about colo to tactically exploit his major weakness in the air, that was no coincidence

if the team were raped today colo was gang raped, so to speak

Coloccini was gash against Liverpool. Don't think we'll see many performances like that from him though tbh. He's much better than he was yesterday.

seems to me they targeted a very obvious weakness in his game, i mean he was getting out jumped by lucas ffs!!

Guest sicko2ndbest

Coloccini is a good headerer of a ball. When he heads it it goes a long way

However

Coloccini is not the best athlete therefore he gets done on he jump time and again

Strengths

Distribution

Reading

Tackle

Weaknesses

Challenging for balls in the air

Pace