Coloccini wants out; Sevilla confirm interest

Guest Howaythetoon

Should have bought Anton, like KK wanted. :thup:

Ferdinand has been quality for Sunderland, according to my cousin. Been raving about him.

Yeah i heard that they were saying he's miles better than Coloccini, obvious bias but the last few games he seems to have been totally wank and all he did against us was win headers against Oba, who's about 6 inches smaller. I think Ferdinand is a very average defender tbh and the only reason your cousin probably thinks he's any good is because of the absolute rubbish they've had in that position for the last 10 years,.

Should have bought Anton, like KK wanted. :thup:

Ferdinand has been quality for Sunderland, according to my cousin. Been raving about him.

Yeah i heard that they were saying he's miles better than Coloccini, obvious bias but the last few games he seems to have been totally wank and all he did against us was win headers against Oba, who's about 6 inches smaller. I think Ferdinand is a very average defender tbh and the only reason your cousin probably thinks he's any good is because of the absolute rubbish they've had in that position for the last 10 years,.

Was just biting to Shak's wind-up more than anything. I'm not saying I'd rather have Anton here than Colo. Now Anton over Taylor would be another matter...

And as for the bold, that was my exact comment to the cous when he was banging on about him. :thup:

• 4 weeks later...

For me beaten to easily for the first goal. I know it is still early days for him in the English game, but he seems to struggle against anyone with a little bit of pace.

It's a pace/strength combo he struggles against - I raised the concern after Cole at West Ham but felt he had improved and "got over it". The first goal proved he's still vulnerable to it.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's new to this league so won't fully know what kind of player he's up against until he encounters that player which begs the question what the hell are the coaching staff doing in the build-up to a game? Colo as a new player to this league should be told all about whoever he'll be facing in a game and what to expect. Looking at the goal it seems he was totally surprised by Fuller's pace and strength and while all players should be on their toes and stick to the basics so as not to allow anyone just to waltz past them a little bit of info on Fuller and what kind of player he is pre-match wouldn't go amiss. While I'd like to think he was told all about him I highly doubt it. Colo dealt with Carew brilliantly but he knew all about him from his time in Spain where the Villa man also played for a few years. I bet he knew fuck all about Fuller or Cole who he also had trouble against as NJS says. Further proof of our inept manager and coaching or further proof that Colo isn't really that good? You decide. My money is on the former and this coming from someone who still feels undecided about our new defender but is quickly being won over by a serious of accomplished displays and classy defending.

Colo as a new player to this league should be told all about whoever he'll be facing in a game and what to expect.

I made the same point about him being told that Andy Johnson is a cheating cunt.

For me beaten to easily for the first goal. I know it is still early days for him in the English game, but he seems to struggle against anyone with a little bit of pace.

It's a pace/strength combo he struggles against - I raised the concern after Cole at West Ham but felt he had improved and "got over it". The first goal proved he's still vulnerable to it.

Defender gets caught out shocker.

The fact that you've got to go back nearly 3 months for the last time he got caught out in a similar situation means that it doesn't happen very often.

The fact that you've got to go back nearly 3 months for the last time he got caught out in a similar situation means that it doesn't happen very often.

Henri Camara did him in the last home game. Definitely struggles against pace.

Guest Howaythetoon

He does but he's no slouch himself. He was turned a few times at Chelse and Boro too.

So does Vidic, but as neither give away too many goals because of it I find it moaning for the sake of it.

He's not going to be immaculate tbf, otherwise he'd have cost a lot more than £10m.

Overall I'm happy so far.

It's the nature of us ever so cynical fans who post on internet messageboards. We have to pick fault with everything.

He's not going to be immaculate tbf, otherwise he'd have cost a lot more than £10m.

It's the nature of us ever so cynical fans who post on internet messageboards. We have to pick fault with everything.

Are we bigger cunts than the pricks who ring into phone ins or text the Chron?

In your case, yes.

Guest Jawesome

I can't believe people are questioning his performances.  He was class yesterday when he had the ball with his little touches here and there.  Ok, he got skinned for their first goal, but give the guy a break.

Are we bigger c***s than the pricks who ring into phone ins or text the Chron?

In your case, yes.

:razz: :lol:

In your case, yes.

:lol:

Guest Heneage

For a defender in his first season he's been quality, when you consider the likes of Vidic hardly played in his first year.

• 3 weeks later...