Coloccini wants out; Sevilla confirm interest

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest Howaythetoon

So so first 15-20 minutes but after that he was flawless. Getting better. Much better. Feel rather silly for actually starting this thread now. Some of the things he did tonight were very simple yet looked extremely classy from high up in the gods. Nonchalant would be a word I'd use, you don't read that word very often eh along side the words Newcastle defender.

He's looking a better signing every game, I was worried that he might not adapt but you can see him learning during the game.

Agreed. It is good to see him adapting better with every passing game. It would have been unfair on him to expect him to be anywhere near his best when he first came here.

Guest Howaythetoon

but you can see him learning during the game.

That's quite an observant comment as you can actually see him learning in the game itself as you remarked. In the opening few minutes he looked like he didn't really know how to handle Carew but he himself sussed it out which for a manager must be great to see. Indeed its great to see from the stands. You rarely see individual players sussing things out off their own steam.

Guest Howaythetoon

Colo shouldn't have needed to 'learn' Carew tbf.

Carew despite his height and obvious physical appearance isn't quite the straight forward centre-forward you'd imagine. He's a very good player technically and has a bit of variety to his game so while you think height = good in the air, and huge frame = strong as fuck it doesn't always mean you're guaranteed to get this from him at all times or indeed such a proposition from these centre-forwards. I actually enjoyed their tussle tonight as Carew was also looking to suss out Coloccini but thankfully and this is down to our lad, to no avail. How do you handle a technically proficient, mobile and physical centre-forward in good form? There is no text book solution really, you deal with it on the day in your own way and that's what Coloccini did - expertly in his own style.

Carew despite his height and obvious physical appearance isn't quite the straight forward centre-forward you'd imagine. He's a very good player technically and has a bit of variety to his game so while you think height = good in the air, and huge frame = strong as fuck it doesn't always mean you're guaranteed to get this from him at all times or indeed such a proposition from these centre-forwards. I actually enjoyed their tussle tonight as Carew was also looking to suss out Coloccini but thankfully and this is down to our lad, to no avail. How do you handle a technically proficient, mobile and physical centre-forward in good form? There is no text book solution really, you deal with it on the day in your own way and that's what Coloccini did - expertly in his own style.

All of which Colo should know from playing against him before.

I'm not slating Colo, he's been mostly good apart from a couple of adaptability issues, but people are over analysing him in my opinion.

Guest Heneage

What strikers are there with Carews (Potential) abilities? Not many, hes big strong and has a good turn of pace, its not "Learning" as much as thinking up a game plan and assessing a player on the night, sometimes you need to do that.

So so first 15-20 minutes but after that he was flawless. Getting better. Much better. Feel rather silly for actually starting this thread now. Some of the things he did tonight were very simple yet looked extremely classy from high up in the gods. Nonchalant would be a word I'd use, you don't read that word very often eh along side the words Newcastle defender.

Told you.  :razz:

I can tell a player after watching them for 10 minutes.

I knew after watching him for 5 that he was top drawer.

Guest firetotheworks

Whenever he nicks the ball away from the opposition (which usually seems to be the way he does it, rather than sliding in) I always imagine him saying 'no' to the striker. Theres a lot to love in Colo's game, he has that nonchalant James Bond style of defending about him at times, a bit like Rio (not saying hes that good before anyone goes off at the deep end)