Coloccini wants out; Sevilla confirm interest

Guest Howaythetoon

Woodgate played when we got bummed 2-6 by Man Yoo so no-ones perfect.

Straight up you think Colo is as good as Woodgate.

I am sure Woodgate has played in some of the stuffing Spurs have had this season as well.

Nothing between them now I would say, Woodgate was a better player when he was here though.

I am sure Woodgate has played in some of the stuffing Spurs have had this season as well.

Nothing between them now I would say, Woodgate was a better player when he was here though.

Thats strange because Bassong is better than Colo, yet I am not sure if I think Bassong is better than Woodgate.

Thats strange because Bassong is better than Colo, yet I am not sure if I think Bassong is better than Woodgate.

Depends what you're basing it on, Bassong has been better for us in the games he's played than Woodgate has been for Spurs.

Does that make him the better player? I wouldn't say so because he's got a lot more to prove.

His position and CM are possibly the hardest to adapt to in the league, so it will take more than half a season, Vidic and Evra are great examples of this. Bassong is not better than Colo, he has looked better so far this season but he's onl played 6 games and has a lot less pressure on him. If people are saying Bass is better than, then look no further than last season.

Guest neesy111

Colo was no worse for us on Sunday, than what Woodgate was in the game where Man Utd stuffed us 6-2 up here. Doesn't make him any better or worse because of it.

ONE BIG DIFFERENCE

liverpool were and are now, nowhere near as good as man utd were that day

Colo was no worse for us on Sunday, than what Woodgate was in the game where Man Utd stuffed us 6-2 up here. Doesn't make him any better or worse because of it.

Woodgate never made Shay feel so sick he wanted out.

Can't actually remember Given blaming Coloccini like..  By the way, Coloccini is better then Bassong in some ways and Bassong is better in others, that's why they work well together.

I stick by my opinion that Coloccini will be better then Woodgate ever was here, simply because he'll be a class player that plays every game.

Can't actually remember Given blaming Coloccini like..  By the way, Coloccini is better then Bassong in some ways and Bassong is better in others, that's why they work well together.

I stick by my opinion that Coloccini will be better then Woodgate ever was here, simply because he'll be a class player that plays every game.

If you're judging them on when actually playing he won't be better than Woodgate.

So the three other muppets in the defence had nowt to do with Shay's strop?

Colo doing the job of 4 players FFS. No wonder he was shite.

I'm not really bothered if he's not as good as Woodgate as long as he goes on to be apart of a better defence than the one back then.

Woodgate is another that people seem to live in the past about.

I'm not really bothered if he's not as good as Woodgate as long as he goes on to be apart of a better defence than the one back then.

Woodgate is another that people seem to live in the past about.

Well atm he is not, I very much doubt he will with them fullbacks or the little protection from Butt & Guthrie offer. Everyone wants him to do well but atm I think people are sucked in by reputation rather than performance. Where he does come into his own is the number games he plays the fella is unbreakable. I would be interested to see him in midfield for a game or 2.

Not live in the past but as Woodgate is the best defender we have had in recent times he is what people have set as the benchmark.

If you're judging them on when actually playing he won't be better than Woodgate.

Really don't know what you're trying to say.

Guest toonlass

No coincidence that the back four were doing grand when they were settled, and performances have gone down since Beye's injury and Bass' suspension. When they are back to at least 3 decent defenders (Beye-Colo-Bass) we will see the defence shore up again. You cannot throw Taylor and Edgar in and expect decent performances.

Not performing like a £10m CB tbh. I panic whenever someone runs at him and he's poor in the air. Neat and tidy on the deck like but he rarely gets the time to play football in this league like today when he tried to, only to lose it before bringing down his man for a free-kick to them. Goes missing from the centre a lot too. I don't want to be harsh because he's a new player and no-one is playing well for us really but so far he looks quite average to me.

just saw this.

I must admit that I thought he was great at Old Trafford - I love centre halfs who stand tall and show the desire to scrap things out when the going is tough - and he looked the part.

Not so sure now he's as good as first thought, due a variety of incidents most of which tell me the same as you've said here mate.

I would like him to play like he did at Old Trafford more often, obviously.

Guest Howaythetoon

Colo is class and still learning his trade over here. Still have a lot of faith in him but it's certainly Bassong out of the two who's looked the £10m defender

Bassong doesn't look nor has performed like a £10m defender - he is performing like a young player with no fear, playing on confidence due to playing regularly with an added bit of spotlight on him not because he's been simply outstanding but because the rest or most of those alongside him are either performing crap or not so well as they can do making him seem all the more better. He's playing reasonably well and showing promise, nothing more.

Colo is class and still learning his trade over here. Still have a lot of faith in him but it's certainly Bassong out of the two who's looked the £10m defender

Bassong doesn't look nor has performed like a £10m defender - he is performing like a young player with no fear, playing on confidence due to playing regularly with an added bit of spotlight on him not because he's been simply outstanding but because the rest or most of those alongside him are either performing crap or not so well as they can do making him seem all the more better. He's playing reasonably well and showing promise, nothing more.

controversial .........

Stand by

Bassong has done well, but I think some people here have very much over-hyped him. Obviously still being young has a lot to learn, he still makes the odd mistake, giving away silly fouls (Heskey showed his experience and conned him) and occasionally jumps with his hands far too high which is only a matter of time before he gets caught out.

However saying that he certainly has the physical attributes to be a real find, and with Beye and Colo alongside him I think he's got a chance. Just need a decent CM to lead this team and help out defensively that isn't Nicky Butt and I think our entire defence will get the chance to vastly improve. Colo has added a lot with the ability to pass and be comfortable on the ball, something we have really missed. When confidence is flowing I really believe he will prove the doubters wrong and become a class acquisition for this club - if he and the team is given time and is sprinkled with a few quality players in problem positions.

Good shout.

Trouble is we've been devoid of competent defenders for soo long that when you get one (or two as i'd put both of them in that category) folk can get carried away.

Excellent post.

The time to judge him will be when he does make a few mistakes & how he comes back from them.

Who are these people around him playing crap?

Because when he has played at centre back the whole back four have been playing well, not just as individuals but as a unit, apart from Enrique who has the odd stinker.

You make it sound like when he has played the rest of the defence have been awful.