Geremi

Decky

Another assist today, not a big fan of his, but he definately needs to start every game he is available for. Who else in the midfield supplies the service he supplies? People might say Jonas, but we'll wait and see. Im not saying Geremi is brilliant or anything, he does have his fair share of bad games, but he is 10 times the player Nicky Butt is for us.

Another assist today, not a big fan of his, but he definately needs to start every game he is available for. Who else in the midfield supplies the service he supplies? People might say Jonas, but we'll wait and see. Im not saying Geremi is brilliant or anything, he does have his fair share of bad games, but he is 10 times the player Nicky Butt is for us.

aye, been saying it for months

Thought he was fairly shit tbh, and I've generally stuck up for him in the past. His delivery is quality but other than that he's not offering enough movement up and down the pitch.

He's alright when he doesn't have to focus on being out wide, because (as we all know), he's like a snail getting up and down the flank. There's no questioning the guy's technique though and i do feel a sense of promise when he's got the ball in space 40 yards out. He can float a ball in superbly well at times, like he did today.

Depressing how he can't provide for shit from dead ball situations though. I simply don't understand that at all. No idea why Guthrie isn't taking corners and free-kicks; it's not as if he's someone to be on the end of them so why not have him taking them? He's got decent delivery.

But aye, Geremi can keep the ball better than Butt and provides more of an outlet than him around the box.

He's the closest thing we've had to Nobby; still quite far off his standard though. It's a shame he's not a few years younger. I wouldn't have him a starter when all fit. Decent impact sub though.

What was it Morinho told Robson...he's got the legs of a 40yr old? I think you can afford one of those in your side but if you have him playing in the same side as Butt and Owen, obviously the movement is going to suffer as a result.

What was it Morinho told Robson...he's got the legs of a 40yr old? I think you can afoord one of those in your side but if you have him playing in the same side as Butt and Owen, obviously the movement is going to suffer as a result.

Owen's quite a weird one to make an example of really imo. There's plenty of slower players in the squad; there was in the team today anyhow. Him and Geremi tend to link up really well anyhow.

What was it Morinho told Robson...he's got the legs of a 40yr old? I think you can afford one of those in your side but if you have him playing in the same side as Butt and Owen, obviously the movement is going to suffer as a result.

well that's why people are suggesting he replace Butt. I doubt anyone wants Butt and Geremi in the same midfield

:kasper: :angry: :kasper: >:D

Butt had some bad moments today, who didn't? Anyone see that pass for Taylor to run onto that led to our second goal or anyone see him filling in the right back role when Taylor went forward? Class. The team is going through some bad times and their confidence is shot to pieces, we've got a thin squad and Butt is a key player if we're going to survive. IMO.

Owen's quite a weird one to make an example of really imo. There's plenty of slower players in the squad; there was in the team today anyhow. Him and Geremi tend to link up really well anyhow.

I think they are both similar in many ways. Both offer good end product but both not offering much else.

Frustrating player, Geremi. Puts in a couple of decent crosses per game, but doesn't do much else. In an ideal world, we shouldn't have to play him, but we aren't spoiled for choice. When Jonas is back, we're going to have choose from either some decent delivers from Geremi or some flair and pace from N'Zogbia.

Butt had some bad moments today, who didn't? Anyone see that pass for Taylor to run onto that led to our second goal or anyone see him filling in the right back role when Taylor went forward? Class. The team is going through some bad times and their confidence is shot to pieces, we've got a thin squad and Butt is a key player if we're going to survive. IMO.

I think a lot on here would disagree with you, but just about every manager in the Premiership would agree with you.

I think they are both similar in many ways. Both offer good end product but both not offering much else.

If Owen's playing as an out-and-out striker, then i agree. When he's in the deeper role though, he looks a very complete player. Clever movement, good passing ability, pacy, creative, tracks back and helps. Capello is missing out in this respect, blinded by his performances as the main striker.

Geremi always plays s***, but he is also capable of putting in a perfect cross every now and then, personally i would start him in the middle with Guthrie.

I would play Geremi next game alongside Guthrie (drop Butt) when spiderman is back but after that (when Bartons back)you need to get the old fellas out of the team, its not doing us any good having 2 slow 30+ in the midfield.

If Owen's playing as an out-and-out striker, then i agree. When he's in the deeper role though, he looks a very complete player. Clever movement, good passing ability, pacy, creative, tracks back and helps. Capello is missing out in this respect, blinded by his performances as the main striker.

Even up front Owen offers a lot more than people give him credit for.  He might not be lightening quick anymore and he might not make lung busting 40 yard runs, but he's no slouch and his movement off the last defender is as good as just about anyones.  Even yesterday where he saw little of the ball there were a few occasions where with someone with more vision and ability in midfield, he could have be put through.

If we could afford to have a statue than can cross the ball then he is just what we need but we cannot afford a statue we need every player to be mobile, Geremi moves but its like he is stuck in quicksand.