The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

I just get the feeling that Saviola would take the premiership by storm and everyone who has passed up on him of late will regret it big time.

Hope we are in for him.

think he'll be similar to baros

???

You are joking right?

Saviola is a class finisher. I believe he would score goals anywhere.

Baros finishing on the other hand is terrible.

If you think Saviola is a class finisher, have you looked up his scoring rate for his last 2 clubs?

It doesn't compare to Owen's who, I believe, you don't rate...!

If we are going for Saviloa, then Viduka must be totally finished or we are willing to let Owen go early?

if the little rabbit arrives this window i would be happy to see both viduka and owen leave before start of feb.

viduka is past it.....he will probably never again be fit to play 5 games in row without picking up an injury!

owen would be nice to keep....but it will take alot to convince him to stay.....and the club will not get back on track within the next year in order to owens expectations.

saviola would be a interesting signing....always liked him......but sad we never really tried to sign zigic.....he would be a good partner for martins i believe. Søren Larsen from toulouse could be a good loan signing for the rest of the season...big and strong!

I believe our most important task is to get a new manager which have vision, good at motivation and talent to attrack good players! Ashley if he stays should believe in him from day one....more or less tell him he cant get sacked the first 2 years. Our current squad is a fix of players bought under 3-4 different managers with different ideas.....which they never got the chance to develop!

Guest NiinaSLO

hello everyone :p

I'm Nina and I'm from Domžale, Slovenia

Newcastle just signed one of our players hehe he's name is Haris Vučkić. Hope he'll do well there :)

Newcastle just signed one of our players hehe he's name is Haris Vučkić. Hope he'll do well there :)

Some photos Nina?

I'm Nina and I'm from Domale, Slovenia

Some photos Nina?

Just wait until he makes his debut, mate.

Some photos Nina?

are they your by the  pool shots ? doubt she'd (if indeed niina is a she)  want them.

come on then niina......tell us more about Vuckic as all we lnow is he's a 16yr old midfielder  ?

Some photos Nina?

Just wait until he makes his debut, mate.

I'm not bothered about the lad.

JFK up in front of the FA today - for double breach of rules

maybe he will talk about new transfers then

FA: "Are you aware of the rules you have broken?"

Joe: "Yes, but the good news is I expect new bodies in over the next couple of days"

???

Absolutely clear now Shay is gone by what CH has said, and that Ebonda may be one of only two coming in.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1534909,00.html

"We have never seen Steve as a number two and what he had in front of him was an outstanding goalkeeper in Shay Given."

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1534888,00.html

Absolutely clear now Shay is gone by what CH has said, and that Ebonda may be one of only two coming in.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1534909,00.html

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1534888,00.html

"We have never seen Steve as a number two and what he had in front of him was an outstanding goalkeeper in Shay Given."

That quote above is pretty damning. Hope we actually buy some players with the cash.

If we didn't step up our transfer activity after selling Given I'd be both surprised and extremely pissed off.

Christ almighty. We've become analysers of every single little thing that comes out of the club.

He doesn't stick to a script you know. That might have just been phrased badly by him or whatever.

FFS, soon we'll have to start releasing statements retracting quotes.

"NEWCASTLE United would today like to retract a statement made by first team coach Chris Hughton in which he mistakingly sad 'had' instead of 'has'.

It was a ridiculous mistake and the club will be taking steps in the future to make sure the same thing does not happen.

The coach in question has been relieved of his duties."