The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Christ almighty. We've become analysers of every single little thing that comes out of the club.

He doesn't stick to a script you know. That might have just been phrased badly by him or whatever.

FFS, soon we'll have to start releasing statements retracting quotes.

"NEWCASTLE United would today like to retract a statement made by first team coach Chris Hughton in which he mistakingly sad 'had' instead of 'has'.

It was a ridiculous mistake and the club will be taking steps in the future to make sure the same thing does not happen.

The coach in question has been relieved of his duties."

haha I wouldn't be surprised.

Tbh, this week is going to be insane, everyone will be at at their panic stations (beside the F5 button) and spouting out a whoe load of shite.

I generally hate the transfer window but the final days of it are always hilarious. We'll most likely be laughing and crying at the same time..

Hughton said beforehand that Harper signing a contract has nothing to do with Givens situation.

WTF are people going to read in to that then?

I thought he said it had nothing to do with Given...

Hughton said beforehand that Harper signing a contract has nothing to do with Givens situation.

:lol:

If Ebondo is one of two loans, then i'm happy enough - even if we do get a load of cash for Given.

Put it towards the summer when we've got a proper manager to spend it.

Incredibly idealistic but mehhhh.

Guest Nile Rangers Dreads

Speculation is mounting that Newcastle United are trying to secure the services of Fiorentina's Marco Donadel.

The £4 million-rated midfielder is tipped to head to the North East of England for talks if he decides to proceed with the negotiations.

Just come up  on setanta..

Donadel and Saviola, surely their wage bill would be quite high.. therefore not being all that likely?

Why would Donadel's wages be huge?  Saviola's on something like £60,000 I think so I agree if he's not willing to take a cut I wouldn't bother, simply because he's unproven in the league and hasn't played consistently for years.  But I can't see a relatively young player for Fiorentina being on large wages.

Guest Nile Rangers Dreads

Why would Donadel's wages be huge? 

just thought if other italian clubs are also rumoured why else would he come to us?

Guest geordienorway

Nile Ranger is now friends with Samuel Adjei on Facebook, so I guess we are going to sign him?

How desperate we are.

Guest ObaStar

We need to forget Owen and try and sign a target man to play with Oba for the future. This summer obviously, but it needs to be done.

http://www.diariodemallorca.es/secciones/noticia.jsp?pRef=2009012700_11_430397__Deportes-Jonas-Gutierrez-podria-acabar-Chelsea

Now my Spanish is rusty as f*ck, but think that article is saying Gutierrez is being linked with Chelsea.

Apologies if I'm wrong.

Might get £10m for him, having got him for nowt in the summer. That's Ashley's dream after all.