The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Gelson Fernandes would be an excellent signing.

The City fans think he's wank.

The City fans also think that Richards and Dunne are mint.

They don't actually.

The ones that I'm in contact with do. They think Richards in particular is the best thing since sliced bread.

Fair enough, that's your experience. I live in Manchester and the City fans I know and work with have a pretty realistic view on both players. They think Dunne has been one of their best players over the last few years, but has been shite so far this season and they think that Richards is a talented young player who's gone to shit since he signed his first big contract, developed a bigger ego, stopped putting the same kind of effort in and believed his own hype. I'd say that's all pretty a damn site more coherent view, than a lot of our fans have of our players, personally.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Times

George Caulkin, Gary Jacob

Sunderland, who have signed Tal Ben-Haim on loan for the rest of the season from Manchester City, and Newcastle United are both interested in recruiting Sami Hyypia, although Joe Kinnear, the Newcastle manager, said last night that “Liverpool weren’t prepared” to lose the defender.

Kinnear hopes to buy a striker and a defender before the window closes with Albin Ebondo, the Toulouse right back, and Bafétimbi Gomis, the Saint-Etienne and France striker, longstanding targets. Newcastle have funds available after Shay Given, the goalkeeper, joined Manchester City for about £8 million.

More cash will flow into St James’ Park if Charles N’Zogbia joins Wigan Athletic for £6.5 million. N’Zogbia was undergoing a medical last night. Newcastle have been linked with Miguel Veloso, whose £18 million valuation by Sporting Lisbon appears excessive for Bolton Wanderers.

Guest LucasUnger

Times

Sunderland, who have signed Tal Ben-Haim on loan for the rest of the season from Manchester City, and Newcastle United are both interested in recruiting Sami Hyypia, although Joe Kinnear, the Newcastle manager, said last night that “Liverpool weren’t prepared” to lose the defender.

Kinnear hopes to buy a striker and a defender before the window closes with Albin Ebondo, the Toulouse right back, and Bafétimbi Gomis, the Saint-Etienne and France striker, longstanding targets. Newcastle have funds available after Shay Given, the goalkeeper, joined Manchester City for about £8 million.

More cash will flow into St James’ Park if Charles N’Zogbia joins Wigan Athletic for £6.5 million. N’Zogbia was undergoing a medical last night. Newcastle have been linked with Miguel Veloso, whose £18 million valuation by Sporting Lisbon appears excessive for Bolton Wanderers.

we might get all 3 ebondo, gomis and veloso.

it would be so easy on fm09.

;)

Why the f*** were we after Hyypia? f*** off wasting time trying to get past-it centre-backs and get a midfielder.

your crack is boring as f***. Stop being so f***ing negative all the time.

we cant atract top players or anything, get used to it and deal with it. Hyypias experience would be decent for us.

Why the f*** were we after Hyypia? f*** off wasting time trying to get past-it centre-backs and get a midfielder.

I refuse to believe we are still going to be going after has been cloggers anymore. Tell me this was just unsourced press speculation or will we never learn.

Times

we might get all 3 ebondo, gomis and veloso.

it would be so easy on fm09.

;)

We don't like optimism in here.  Your sort ain't welcome :lol:

I refuse to believe we are still going to be going after has been cloggers anymore. Tell me this was just unsourced press speculation or will we never learn.

Kinnear confirmed it, I wouldn't have minded him tbh. Would be a better option than Edgar, Cacapa or Taylor at centre back imo. Maybe even pushing Colo while he is still adapting (yes I haven't written him off yet).

Guessing it's a name Joe wrote down which Wise promptly crumpled and threw in the bin.  Probably been telling poor JFK ever since that Liverpool are being real bastards about it and playing hardball, looks like we might not get him in.  I'll ring them again right after today's game, I promise Joe. 

Are there any direct quotes regarding Hyypia from Kinnear?

There were, I don't know where they are though. He basically said he was after an experienced centre back but Liverpool wouldn't sell us Hyypia as he still had a part to play for them.

Lets see if one time Toon target  Gomis can add to his 6 goals tonight in the Rhone-Alps derby. Live on Setanta 2.

That Mbia looked s**** yesterday in the game I watched last night.

I watched the game and didn't think he was that bad, he didn't look like Vierra though.

Are there any direct quotes regarding Hyypia from Kinnear?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7864071.stm

"I have spent most of the last two days trying to get finance and players," said the 62-year-old Kinnear.

"I tried for one centre-half, but got knocked back. Liverpool weren't prepared to let Hyypia out."

St James' Park is set for a busy 24 hours before transfer deadline, with keeper Shay Given having a medical at Manchester City and Charles N'Zogbia set for a switch to Wigan, with Latics full-back Ryan Taylor possibly moving the other way.

"I will start working on finances and players now right up until midnight and then tomorrow. Fingers crossed we can get all four deals done," said Kinnear.

606: DEBATE

do you think we will get 2 signings in by tomorrow or will we get no-one?

Pablo Diego

"I want to get somebody with experience because of the position we are in. We have a very young back four and I just want somebody who is a good organiser."

We just bought Kevin Nolan for your information.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/02/01/who-are-the-winners-and-losers-in-the-transfer-window-115875-21089466/

Interesting that they consider us selling Cort & Solano for £3.5m and finishing 5th as a "January Penny Pincher winner", given that replacing Solano with Ambrose that season was one of the main reasons we didn't pip Liverpool to 4th spot.

your crack is boring as f***. Stop being so f***ing negative all the time.

we cant atract top players or anything, get used to it and deal with it. Hyypias experience would be decent for us.

Ah fuck off, avoid my posts then. :thup:

FYI i've been saying we can't attract top players all month. Doesn't mean to say i agree with us going after centre-backs, especially ones that would represent little improvement.

No offence but you are coming across like a spoilt kid who got a gameboy DS instead of an xbox 360 for xmas, going on and on and on about it letting mummy and daddy know you aren't happy.

Unfortunately we aren't going to sign top class players at the moment, the sooner some people realise this the better.

Guest firetotheworks

What a pathetic crusade you appear to be on.

No offence but you are coming across like a spoilt kid who got a gameboy DS instead of an xbox 360 for xmas, going on and on and on about it letting mummy and daddy know you aren't happy.

Unfortunately we aren't going to sign top class players at the moment, the sooner some people realise this the better.

mackems.gif

What a pathetic crusade you appear to be on.

Agreed.

mackems.gif

I have one aswell, well a Nintendo DS  :blush: