The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Guest toonlass

The Journal states it is definately a loan and should be concluded today, he has been out for two months I think.

first I've heard of his injury tbh. if he spends his time here in the physio room, then...well....what can I fucking say!

He can keep Nacho Gonzales company. Imagine if Nacho came back in March and proved to be a world beater,  :lol:

Ebondo is on loan till the end of the season with a view to it being permanent and Butt and Harper are signing there contracts today.

why t'fuck would it be a loan???

Smart move iyam. And without trying to sound like a constant doom-monger, it will be difficult asking anyone to tie themselves to the club on a long-term basis. We're not doing so with managers and coaches so we may aswell continue the trend with players.

Beye's injury might also have something to do with it being a loan, if we're gonig to get a young replacement for the long-term and money is tight, we best make sure it's somebody up to the task.

Yep. If this is true i'm very, very happy. :thup:  Makes sense in every way.

assuming we spend the fucking money we get from given elsewhere it's a good move...if we only pay a nominal loan fee then "bank" the money for this guy 'til the summer when he "might" sign then the club are taking the piss again

spend the money on someone now, or to contribute to someone now and if this lad turns up trumps then take his fee out of next seasons money pot

Very sensible move IMO. With our Premiership status nowhere near secure it wouldn't be wise to sign players up on a long-term contract. IF we get relegated we'd probably have to sell the guy anyway. Let's wait until we know which league we'll be playing in, assess if he's good enough between now and the end of the season, and then make a decision

Very sensible move IMO. With our Premiership status nowhere near secure it wouldn't be wise to sign players up on a long-term contract. IF we get relegated we'd probably have to sell the guy anyway. Let's wait until we know which league we'll be playing in, assess if he's good enough between now and the end of the season, and then make a decision

I understand the point of view but it reminds me of the Distin situation, hopefully he's not as much of a mercenary

I understand the point of view but it reminds me of the Distin situation, hopefully he's not as much of a mercenary

:lol:

Everything scares some of you guys.

It's a loan with a view to a permanent deal where agreements will be put in place should the option be picked up on.

Stop being such a scaredy cat.

Chin up. Even if he does brilliantly and gets nicked by a big club then we will still have done well if he helps keep us up, it would give me more faith in our scouts and there are plenty of other fish in the sea.

If he's shit then we aren't stuck with the lad. Woohoo!

Or by only getting him on loan we have a player who doesn't give a s*** if we go down or not because if we do he'll be on his way somewhere else.

Congratulations you've outdone Stalker!

What a crazily negative way of looking at things.

So the guy is coming from a smaller league and team and will be on loan at a big team in the top league in the world and could potentially double his salary should he earn a permanent move and you think that he won't give a shit.

Brilliant!

Or by only getting him on loan we have a player who doesn't give a s*** if we go down or not because if we do he'll be on his way somewhere else.

Congratulations you've outdone Stalker!

What a crazily negative way of looking at things.

So the guy is coming from a smaller league and team and will be on loan at a big team in the top league in the world and could potentially double his salary should he earn a permanent move and you think that he won't give a shit.

Brilliant!

Quite, it's a mad idea. Whether it's us or another club, who the Dickens is going to sign him up on a big contract if they see him not giving a shit, with no heart for a fight?

I just get the feeling that Saviola would take the premiership by storm and everyone who has passed up on him of late will regret it big time.

Hope we are in for him.

think he'll be similar to baros

They are completely different players?!?!?

I just get the feeling that Saviola would take the premiership by storm and everyone who has passed up on him of late will regret it big time.

Hope we are in for him.

think he'll be similar to baros

???

You are joking right?

Saviola is a class finisher. I believe he would score goals anywhere.

Baros finishing on the other hand is terrible.

Hope we are in for him.

Well if we are in for him, we hold a couple of Aces up our sleeves with Jonas and Colo.