The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

15.33  Rangers boss Walter Smith has dismissed specualtion linking Barry Ferguson with a move to Newcastle. The Gers chief has also played down talk suggesting Madjid Bougherra and Allan McGregor are on their way to St James' Park.

Good.

This isnt a loaded statement I promise but didnt Joe say that he had actually enquired about Ferguson. Therefore either Smith or Kinnear are fucking lying. Why cant these people just be honest about stuff or just saying nothing.

Sometimes I hate the people involved in football. They are like bloody children most of the time

We've not been linked to a single decent player yet have we? Seriously, none of them are much of an upgrade on what we've got. We'll let some of our better players go (and hopefully that waster Smith as well), and replace them with poorer players, or players well on their way out (the likes of Bouba Diop and Ferguson).

This window, and this season are going to be utter disasters.

This season is already a disaster.

Well yeah, so far. Don't want to write it off till it ends though, as you never know...

In the summer everybody we signed was a surprise. The problem is this time JFK is in the paper everyday saying we want to sign x y and z. You can't conduct yourself like that because manager's don't like their players being unsettled and so play hardball, and then the only chance you have is if the player really wants to move, and with us being in the state we are I find it unlikely anybody is deperate to come here.

It's the respected thing for managers to keep quiet about players they're interested in, until they're actually in the process of buying them, isn't it?

Not running your mouth off at every opportunity.

I feel a bit miffed that Ashley isn't shelling out any cash. But then, if i had the choice of:

a. Let Joe Kinnear totally re-hash the squad; three players out, up to five players in

b. Leave it as it is

... i'd probably take option B. :undecided: Aye, we're short in a few areas but it's not frequent that you get 8, 9, 10 players injured for a match, like we did at home to Liverpool (a game which we would have lost anyway). I'm of the impression that if Joe Kinnear cannot keep this squad of players up, then he won't keep another (that he has built) up - because this is one that is better than anything he has ever amassed in his managerial career.

We'll stay up regardless so i'd rather we did it without this mug fucking about with the squad, spending our money. A couple of loans here and there would do me fine and i've maintained that from the word go, really.

It's the respected thing for managers to keep quiet about players they're interested in, until they're actually in the process of buying them, isn't it?

Not running your mouth off at every opportunity.

Not really, we all knew Rafa was after Keane, Sir Alex after Berba, Arry after Defoe, Arry after Downing, Arry after Bellamy.

We've not been linked to a single decent player yet have we? Seriously, none of them are much of an upgrade on what we've got. We'll let some of our better players go (and hopefully that waster Smith as well), and replace them with poorer players, or players well on their way out (the likes of Bouba Diop and Ferguson).

This window, and this season are going to be utter disasters.

This season is already a disaster.

Well yeah, so far. Don't want to write it off till it ends though, as you never know...

True, considering the circumstances a top half finish alone would be remarkable, however I can't help but feel we'll always be haunted by the events that occurred earlier in the season.

Rangers boss Walter Smith has played down speculation linking Barry Ferguson with a move to Newcastle.

Magpies manager Joe Kinnear has made no secret of his desire to strengthen during the January transfer window, and had hinted that Ferguson was a player he had his eye on.

The Premier League outfit are also believed to be keen on Madjid Bougherra and Allan McGregor, but the Gers insist no approach has been received for either player.

Smith does admit that Wolves have been in contact regarding Alan Gow's availability, but has dismissed suggestions that a mass exodus from Ibrox is imminent.

"You always get that at this time of the year. Players, managers, everyone has to handle that," he said.

"We are speculating on speculation, that's how bad it gets at times.

"We have had one offer from Wolverhampton for Alan Gow and that's the only contact we have had from anybody so far."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_4744382,00.html

Smith said: "If the comments are accurate then it is strange because as far as my chairman, my chief executive and myself are concerned there has been no contact with Newcastle or any other club regarding Barry."

However, the Rangers boss admitted that if a club were to make a substantial bid for Ferguson then they would have to consider it.

"I have no influence over who wants to bid for any of the players at Rangers," he said.

"But what football manager can say that if somebody comes along and makes a bid for one of their players that they won't consider it.

"You have to and that is what we did with Alan Hutton and if anybody comes in then we will give them an answer but so far the only offer we have had is for Alan Gow from Wolverhampton."

The Ibrox manager stressed that it is his fringe players who he is willing to sell rather than his star players like Ferguson.

From: http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/09/01/04/manual_151918.html

Smith said: "If the comments are accurate then it is strange because as far as my chairman, my chief executive and myself are concerned there has been no contact with Newcastle or any other club regarding Barry."

However, the Rangers boss admitted that if a club were to make a substantial bid for Ferguson then they would have to consider it.

"I have no influence over who wants to bid for any of the players at Rangers," he said.

"But what football manager can say that if somebody comes along and makes a bid for one of their players that they won't consider it.

"You have to and that is what we did with Alan Hutton and if anybody comes in then we will give them an answer but so far the only offer we have had is for Alan Gow from Wolverhampton."

The Ibrox manager stressed that it is his fringe players who he is willing to sell rather than his star players like Ferguson.

From: http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/09/01/04/manual_151918.html

Well one of them's lying :angry:

EDIT : Actually, looking back at JK's quote he just says he enquired about him but doesnt say who to. maybe he just asked Wise and Ashley ? :undecided:

Very uninspiring stuff. Just praying that Kinnear is bluffing, actually do hope that Kinnear doesnt get free reign, if Kinnear does then its a good linclination that he's staying more permenantly and that they arent overly interested in resale value as they dont envisage having to get a new squad for a knew managers.

Having said this, the pool of talent that is availabe in January is generally shit, we wont get too many players that will imporve us as a team drastically.

Guest LucaAltieri

We havent a chance of getting Poldoski.

1)He wouldnt sign for us

2)Ashley wont spend that kinda dosh

1) We can hope he hasn't been paying attention to the Premiership for a couple of years.

2) He might not have to if we can milk City accordingly.

Podolski could and no doubt will do better than us for sure. The only club that are 'worse' than us that he's linked to is Cologne, but that's because he's got very strong ties to them as they are his former team and put him on the footballing map as it were.

Dindane on loan would be a wicked signing.

Exactamundo, would be a cracking signing on loan, with the option to buy, or not to buy if he's tosh, Lens haven't got much option but to let him go, and the club being associated with him is? West bleeding Brom. He's much better than any SPL shit we are being quoted with.

Marseille and Tottenham are apparently in for Poldolski, surely we aren't that far behind them? Tottenham want Defoe and someone else who escapes my attention atm, so doesn't seem likely. Marseille won't be able to afford it unless they sell Cissé to the mackems, which won't happen until the summer if at all, Munich want near 10 million straight. Think it would be a good oppourtunity.

Can't see Man city wanting Poldolski, and he desperately wants out of Munich. Why not?

Exactamundo, would be a cracking signing on loan, with the option to buy, or not to buy if he's tosh, Lens haven't got much option but to let him go, and the club being associated with him is? West bleeding Brom. He's much better than any SPL shit we are being quoted with.

Marseille and Tottenham are apparently in for Poldolski, surely we aren't that far behind them? Tottenham want Defoe and someone else who escapes my attention atm, so doesn't seem likely. Marseille won't be able to afford it unless they sell Cissé to the mackems, which won't happen until the summer if at all, Munich want near 10 million straight. Think it would be a good oppourtunity.

Can't see Man city wanting Poldolski, and he desperately wants out of Munich. Why not?

What sort of player is Dindane?

Exactamundo, would be a cracking signing on loan, with the option to buy, or not to buy if he's tosh, Lens haven't got much option but to let him go, and the club being associated with him is? West bleeding Brom. He's much better than any SPL s*** we are being quoted with.

What sort of player is Dindane?

An unobtainable one.