The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Guest sicko2ndbest

are talksports stilling running the story the we are siging the 3 players from scotland?

Think it was talksport running with rumours tbh

instead of trying to buy players like b. ferguson we should look for younger players with potential. being a dane i follow the danish league (know its not that great)...but there are talents there way younger and....unproven at his level. i know. But i still believe its better to pay 4-5 millions for players with the potential instead of spending on players like ferguson which doesn´t get any better. ferguson for example will demand fairly high wage and ask for at least 3-4 years deal which mean he will become another not needed player in 1 years time like....cacapa, viduka etc.

adigun salami (Fc Midtjylland) is a very promising def. central midfielder! we should buy now.....we would never lose that much money if he dosen´t succeed...like on ferguson!

michael jacobsen (aab) can play Lb and Cb like bassong. would cost between 3-4 mill tops! Not sure how far his talent goes but will be a decent back up which might turn out to be a really good player!

Zanka jørgensen (fck) young dansih player of the year (cb)

why dont try to sign players like this....ashley dont want to spend big! But these kind of players are what we should go for instead of ferguson.

They should be bought as back ups so they have a year or so to adjust and develop!

would definitely go for both of these. midtjylland are a very handy team. in fact scandinavia as a whole is loaded with talent, but it makes far too much sense to search there.....thats why it wont happen.

Someone just told me we are after Álvaro Negredo from Almeria, who has a €3million release clause

It's funny because about a month ago I transferred in both Ferguson and Negredo to my Fifa 09 team. Not relevant in any way, mind you, but interesting to me.

Someone just told me we are after Álvaro Negredo from Almeria, who has a 3million release clause

Who in the blue hell is he? And who told you?

Target man type striker who used to play for Real Madrid 's B team I believe.

Probably a replacement for Xisco who doesn't seem to be impressing.

Someone just told me we are after Álvaro Negredo from Almeria, who has a 3million release clause

Who in the blue hell is he? And who told you?

Target man type striker who used to play for Real Madrid 's B team I believe.

Probably a replacement for Xisco who doesn't seem to be impressing.

Scoring record doesn't look bad at all....

Surely other clubs would be interested if he's any good and he actually has a 3m release clause?

Im a massive rangers fan as well as the toon and don't fancy McGeady one bit.

He is left-footed and plays left wing for Septic, but he fancies himself as an attacking central midfielder.

What the hell are you on abt hes right footed

Kinnear and Allardyce in race for Makukula

Newcastle United and Blackburn Rovers are leading the race to sign Portuguese striker Ariza Makukula from Benfica. West Brom had made enquiries about the Portugal international but wanted to wait until the summer to sign him, but Benfica are keen to offload the 27-year-old this month.The Portuguese side - who are second in their league - paid £3m for the player a year ago and are keen to recoup that amount.

Both Joe Kinnear and Sam Allardyce are in the market for a striker to boost their chances of survival in the Premier League and are keeping tabs on Makukula.

Benfica coach Quique Flores says the forward does not feature in his plans and the player's agent Kenneth Azquez says there are a number of clubs ready to make a move.

Azquez said: "There has been interest in the player, but that all has to be negotiated with Benfica."

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/12123/Kinnear_and_Allardyce_in_race_for_Makukula_.aspx

Guest geordienorway

Someone just told me we are after Álvaro Negredo from Almeria, who has a €3million release clause

Source?