Other games this weekend

Dave

I find Stoke fun to watch in a twisted way. There's something to be said for gritty, no-nonsense "beat the s*** out of them" football armed with 40-yard long throws. Makes me wish we still had the Gooch.  :lol: Premiership needs more teams with character like that.

I'd be rooting for them to stay up if it didn't probably mean that we would go down.

I find Stoke fun to watch in a twisted way. There's something to be said for gritty, no-nonsense "beat the s*** out of them" football armed with 40-yard long throws. Makes me wish we still had the Gooch.  :lol: Premiership needs more teams with character like that.

I'd be rooting for them to stay up if it didn't probably mean that we would go down.

That is complete nonsense. I'll watch the Rugby WC for blind physicality. When I tune in to the premiership I expect to see football. I'm sorry but Stoke are a wretched blot on the beautiful game. Honestly, this lot make me miss Reading, Birmingham, Zaragoza, Parma, Metz, and Lens. I hope these fools go straight back down to the Coke league, and then go into administration and follow Gretna's path into oblivion. I mean at least Bolton brought the likes of Djorkaeff, Okocha, and Anelka to the Premier League. These cavemen have brought nothing except Rory "long throw" Delap. I mean f*** off. They contribute nothing to the league at all. Teams like Wigan, Hull, etc, make themselves hard to play agianst, but they still play the sport called "football".

That is complete nonsense. I'll watch the Rugby WC for blind physicality. When I tune in to the premiership I expect to see football. I'm sorry but Stoke are a wretched blot on the beautiful game. Honestly, this lot make me miss Reading, Birmingham, Zaragoza, Parma, Metz, and Lens. I hope these fools go straight back down to the Coke league, and then go into administration and follow Gretna's path into oblivion. I mean at least Bolton brought the likes of Djorkaeff, Okocha, and Anelka to the Premier League. These cavemen have brought nothing except Rory "long throw" Delap. I mean f*** off. They contribute nothing to the league at all. Teams like Wigan, Hull, etc, make themselves hard to play agianst, but they still play the sport called "football".

I just like to have teams that are different from the others. We've got plenty of teams that play "the beautiful game," what's the harm in having one that does it a bit differently?

Would certainly rather have them in the top flight over the likes of Bolton, Fulham (although I like Craven Cottage,) or Wigan.

It's an opinion.

I must say Stoke are pushing it.

Thing is, opinions are often invalid, because the most negative ones are often from teams who've been rattled by Stoke?

For me, whilst I love watching free flowing technically excellent games of football, I also love the physical, no-nonsense approach of some teams, and those sorts of games can be just as exciting.

Regarding Delap's throws, I'm not sure it's the fact he actually does them to such a chaotic effect, but the fact Stoke seem to rely on it as their main weapon, that winds people up.

Regarding Delap's throws, I'm not sure it's the fact he actually does them to such a chaotic effect, but the fact Stoke seem to rely on it as their main weapon, that winds people up.

It annoys me because I konw that if he was a Newcastle player, he would have broken his arm after 10 minutes of the first game.

Guest Geordiesned

Mental end to the Derby/Forest match, penalty given to Derby in stoppage time,which was missed. Then Derby have a goal disallowed from one of the follwing corners.

Terrible refereeing. Couldn't see anything for the pen and besides he denied Derby a goal as it was headed in as he gave the pen! Then the goal he disallowed - you could see no foul from any angle they showed. I don't think he'll be getting promoted to the Premier League refs list.

Guest Geordiesned

That's what winds me up. If it was an extra tactic to the good football they played then fair enough but out of the 13 goals they've scored in the league this season 7 of them have come from Delap throw ins!