West Brom (H) pre match thread

STM

Will be a total disgrace if Taylor is captain, utterly farcical. :no:

I would think the order would be Butt, Geremi, Bassong, Coloccini, Ranger, Derek Wright, Betty the tea lady, Taylor. I don't know who else would be nominated.

Fixed.

Well, it looks like tonight will be a moment of truth for those of us who have been wanting Butt out of the side. Every other midfielder is available.

Neither Barton nor Guthrie are great tacklers, but they do work hard so hopefully that'll be enough.

If we are going to play an attacking midfield against anyone, it might as well be West Brom. I'm confident it will work as long as we defend as a team Jonas-style when we don't have the ball. I will be interested to see how Guthrie does as for me he's only going to establish himself in Butt's role.

I hope and pray he will do well and banish Butt to the bench forever and ever. Amen.  :angel:

Guest nufc_kev

IF Coloccini had been here longer it would be him. But that can wait until next year.

I was going to say it's ridiculous that he hasn't been considered. A new boss should make him captain as soon as they come in. With Owen leaving, he's the best candidate by 100 miles.

I never understood why players need an armband to become a leader, Colo should be the leader at the back, Barton should be the leader in midfield but all of the players should be vocal with eachother.

The most senior player should be given the armband as a mark of respect.

if its given out as a way of getting a little extra from a player then give it to Oba, we need him to give his all so why not try that ?

Had my confidence invigorated this morning, don't really know why, probably following the news that Butt isn't playing. This really is make or break for Kinnear this one... you can play Shola Ameobi and not play long-ball. It's a mssive game for so many of our players on an individual level, never mind for the club and it's survival mission.

If JK gets Martins fired up, and he scores, he could go into a run - as we've seen from him so many times before.

If he gets Joey Barton playing football well, he could be huge for us.

If he gets Enrique and Beye playing well, and pushing up, and supporting, and generally just being really good assets to the team (like at the end of last season), then that could be massive too.

Really is a huge game, this. We've got such a fantastic chance to take it to them. Judgements will be made tonight, like.

Fucking howay, got to win.

We can't afford to allow them the space we let Sunderland have, West Brom are a decent side and are capable of beating us imo. Can't have any of this immediate dropping off of 15/20 yards as soon as we lose the ball anymore, keep the pressure up, keep them penned in, defend narrow, attack wide. 2-0 win.

We can't afford to allow them the space we let Sunderland have, West Brom are a decent side and are capable of beating us imo. Can't have any of this immediate dropping off of 15/20 yards as soon as we lose the ball anymore, keep the pressure up, keep them penned in, defend narrow, attack wide. 2-0 win.

:thup:

Given

Beye        Taylor          Collo          Enrique

Jonas          Guthrie        Barton        N'Zogbia

Martins        Shola

Is what i would like to see, i think maybe Geremi and Duff will be in that team, maybe Bassong.

3-0 either way Martins (2) Collocini

Given

Beye         Taylor          Collo          Enrique

Jonas          Guthrie        Barton         N'Zogbia

Martins         Shola

Is what i would like to see, i think maybe Geremi and Duff will be in that team, maybe Bassong.

3-0 either way Martins (2) Collocini

I fancy collocini to get one tonight  :colo: