Is this the worst Newcastle side for 28 years?

cp40

Nowhere near the worst NUFC team in 28 yrs but considerably less fight and drive than most teams taking part in derby games in most of that period.  No wonder people are pissed off with this overpaid circus.

i posed the question, to raise debate, i think the side of the late 80s were equally poor, if not worse., but its your overpaid circus remark that gets me thinking,.....

Does this side give the worst value for money for 28 years???

worst team since 1992 without a shadow of doubt

We were worse under Souness imo.

And Dalglish. Like I said, in the context of not having everyone fit or fully fit, this is far from the best we've had since we got into this league. Our first choice squad with everyone fit and playing well is decent enough.

This team would walk over some of the ones Souness put out.

Debatable.

It would walk all over the team that lost 1-0 to wigan reserves under Souness, and the one that meekly surrendered 1-0 at home to Sheff Utd under Roeder.

the midfield is comfortably the worst we've ever had in the premiership to be fair

Faye & Clark were by far and away worse tbh, and we somehow won a derby 4-1 with that winning formula.

faye and clark were hardly a regular partnership tbh which was what I was getting at mate

and those two were joined in the midfield by N'zogbia and Solano, not Geremi and fucking Duff

It was only a few weeks back you were telling us how much better Duff is than N'Zogbia. :lol:

I remember the old gag about Scotland being class on paper but shit on grass.  Think that this would sum up NUFC at the minute really.  Big name players who are completley fucked and finished (Butt / Duff / Geremi), absolute dogshit (Smith / Viduka) or disinterested and want away at the first opportunity (NZogbia / Martins / Owen).  Add to that the big buys (or freebies) that were brought in over the summer have no experience of this league, coming from what is acknowledged as a slower league in Spain, and have walked into a complete cluster-fuck minefield created by the fuck-witted club management.

Guest aoliversaknob

come off it man. He is one of the worst dead ball takers I have ever seen. The fact he is still allowed to take them simply shows how poor the squad is at present. Our midfield is very poor both attacking and defending. But no way near the the worst of the last 28 years.

Guest Washington_Mag

come off it man. He is one of the worst dead ball takers I have ever seen. The fact he is still allowed to take them simply shows how poor the squad is at present. Our midfield is very poor both attacking and defending. But no way near the the worst of the last 28 years.

Scored a few goals from his set-pieces this season

Guest bertiemasson

we had some real cack back in the very early 80s then after keegan left.....but think theu would have battled more than this lot of overpaid ++++

And Dalglish. Like I said, in the context of not having everyone fit or fully fit, this is far from the best we've had since we got into this league. Our first choice squad with everyone fit and playing well is decent enough.

Look at the results under Dalglish and compare them to this side's efforts - we were never relegation material under Dalglish.

We certainly are now, whether people like it or not.

Look at the results under Dalglish and compare them to this side's efforts - we were never relegation material under Dalglish.

and dalglish's side may not have looked half as bad had shearer and asprilla not sustained leg term injuries early on in his first full season.

<2005-2006>

Given

Carr Boumsong Bramble Babayaro

Solano Bowyer Parker N'Zogbia

Shearer Owen

<2006-2007>

Given

Solano Bramble Oneywu Babayaro

Milner Butt Parker Duff

Martins Sibierski

<2007-2008>

Given

Beye Taylor Coloccini Enrique

Jonas Butt Guthrie Duff

Martins Owen

Really, really hard to argue that we were better off under Souness or Roeder. When you look at it side by side, the improvement in some areas of the pitch, particularly the back line, is staggering.

disagree, 97-98 was one of the only times i've genuinely thought we could go down, 2 pts above the relegation zone with something like 5 tough games left. that was a terrible, terrible season, though again, partially down to off the field events like the NOTW sting, the stevenage debacle, losing shearer after selling ferdinand, or shearer's two incidents with gillespie and neil lennon.

disagree, 97-98 was one of the only times i've genuinely thought we could go down, 2 pts above the relegation zone with something like 5 tough games left. that was a terrible, terrible season, though again, partially down to off the field events like the NOTW sting, the stevenage debacle, or shearer's two incidents with gillespie and neil lennon.

Agreed. I was shitting it that season. I remember the away game when we played down at WHL and after that game I thought we were in for it.

I thought you actually made a better fist of it this year,last year we played you of the park for 80% of the game

you only snatched a point through a flucked cross.