Newcastle United 2 - 0 Aston Villa - 03/11/08 - Post match joy from page 18

Decky

Great result, just hope we can build on it over the next 3 games before the inevitable defeat at chelsea, back to back wins 1 defeat in 5 games and scoring goals...without having to rely on Owen.

Guest neesy111

btw, a shocking following from villa brought less than man city and west brom considering they had started the season well

It would be nice to see UV or NE5 enjoy a good result here once in a while rather than revel in possible relegation scenarios only.

Funny how some people are so vocal about a tired old debate yet rarely if ever postbin actual match threads

Maybe because they're actually at the match.

Which prevents them from posting any post-match comments or reveling in a good result how?

Because they're at a football stadium being football fans rather than sitting in front of their TVs and computers.

So they're still sitting in the stands two and a half hours after the match has ended?

Humor me, maybe I'm just thick.   :rolleyes:

Pub maybe ?

Aye, Villa's away support was so bad :no: it was unbelievable and to think they were playing to go into 3rd place.

Taken from villa's post match thread:

"Milner is a total waste of space - he's our most expensive palyer in our history, he can't cross, can't shoot, has no pace and rarely beats players. So we've bought a player than can't do about 75% off what he should be able to do."

:iamatwat:

Guest Howaythetoon

btw, a shocking following from villa brought less than man city and west brom considering they had started the season well

I know, couldn't believe it.

I've only had a quick glance at the table so I might be wrong here, but if Ireland had not scored Man City's equaliser the other day, we would obviously be two points better off. Thus we'd have 14 points, but with a better goal difference than Boro and Portsmouth. So we'd actually be only a point off Everton who are currently 7th, and with a better goal difference.

That is how tight things are at the moment.

Fuckin hell, Ive never read as many kneejerk reactions before as I have on that villa thread tonight!!  mackems.gif mackems.gif

18 pages and only two posts have given Newcastle any credit!

Its like they lost to a non-league team or something!  :lol:

Fuck Villa.

Fuckin hell, Ive never read as many kneejerk reactions before as I have on that villa thread tonight!!  mackems.gif mackems.gif

18 pages and only two posts have given Newcastle any credit!

Its like they lost to a non-league team or something!  :lol:

Fuck Villa.

even brummie came on and said we werent much better than them.

They didn't show up though, so it's understandable that their fans would be focusing on why and what exactly happened that lead to the nondescript performance from most of their players. And even though we won and controlled the game, we didn't exactly play them off the park.

They didn't show up though, so it's understandable that their fans would be focusing on why and what exactly happened that lead to the nondescript performance from most of their players. And even though we won and controlled the game, we didn't exactly play them off the park.

Yeah I know, but its their constant slagging us off as no marks and nobodies that makes it funny!

Absoltuely chuffed with that. First of all, the singing section - thought there was some fantastic banter with a (very poor) away following, and generally just created a good atmosphere all game. Well impressed; will definitely sit up there again.

First half we were knocking on the door and i felt that the game was ours for the taken, which is why i was pretty pensive at half time, expecting negativity and just a continuation of the lack of end product. Martins was up for it and you could tell; i harped on after West Brom about how i bet he will go into a scoring run, and, well... there ya go. :D

Second half we absolutely dominated them. Took the piss in the last quarter of an hour aswell, was fantastic to see.

Special mention to Kinnear tbh, who got it all right tonight. Dunno what the hell i'm supposed to think about the guy tbh... he can get it all wrong like he did with the Mackem game and WBA second half, then goes and gets everything right tonight. Still not sure about him tbh.

In terms of player performances; Jonas, Martins, Coloccini and Enrique all deserve special mentions i reckon. But there wasn't a bad performance from anyone on the park really... though i wasn't convinced with Barton/Butt, they looked as though they couldn't decide who was meant to go forward and back.

Gerrin.

Yeah I know, but its their constant slagging us off as no marks and nobodies that makes it funny!

I'm fed up with fans of other teams talking about us like we're the anti-christ or something. WTF have we done to deserve such loathing.

I'm fed up with fans of other teams talking about us like we're the anti-christ or something. WTF have we done to deserve such loathing.

Enjoy it. I fucking hated it when we were the nation's "second favourite team"

It is a recent phenomenon that is for sure, everyone hates us and it is entirely down to the media shoving the 'best fans in the world' and us 'demanding trophies as it is our divine right' nonesense down everyones throats time and time again imo.