Newcastle United 2 - 0 Aston Villa - 03/11/08 - Post match joy from page 18

Decky

Guest FlapjackJoe

I know some of you mentioned this already, but I was REALLY impressed with Jose Enrique.

He looked like a Premier League footballer for the first time tonight.

Shola's obviously not the only one that Kinnear got his hands on...

(and controversial as this might be, I thought Jonas was very poor until his assist)...

Really chuffed with that. Though Villa were really poor, I thought we did enough in the first half and in the second really worked for the win.

Enrique, Martins, Colo but especially Barton were excellent IMO. Barton drove us on, actually looked to make forward passes and generally made us tick. Credit also has to go to Butt to allow him to do this, I suppose. The attempts to wash over his performance by Setanta were pathetic, though I admit the face thing was silly. Having said that, to say he would have been off had he been booked for it are illogical. Who's to say if he was on a booking he'd still go in for that aggressive tackle?

Jonas was sloppy for him, but made the clincher with a lovely turn of pace, tight control and a calm pass for Oba. How many times have we fucked up promising positions when it looked easier to score? James Milner I'm looking at you.

Overall, delighted with the performance. I wasn't expecting a win and it feels brilliant. This is what West Brom should have been, and it hopefully will do wonders for our confidence.

Guest firetotheworks

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39096000/jpg/_39096416_kinnear203.jpg

Joe: Wich one of you are Steve Bennett?

Steve Bennett: Me

Joe: You`re a c*nt

;D ;DI wish I could stop laughing at that, its been 2 months now and it still tickles.

I know some of you mentioned this already, but I was REALLY impressed with Jose Enrique.

He looked like a Premier League footballer for the first time tonight.

Shola's obviously not the only one that Kinnear got his hands on...

(and controversial as this might be, I thought Jonas was very poor until his assist)...

think so ?  got rid of the ball chaeply an awful lot, getting rid of it for getting rids sake and allowed himself to be burned inside too many times at the start of the 2nd half. loads of tidier games last season but an improvment on west brom.

It would be nice to see UV or NE5 enjoy a good result here once in a while rather than revel in possible relegation scenarios only.

Funny how some people are so vocal about a tired old debate yet rarely if ever post in actual match threads.

It would be nice to see UV or NE5 enjoy a good result here once in a while rather than revel in possible relegation scenarios only.

Funny how some people are so vocal about a tired old debate yet rarely if ever postbin actual match threads

Maybe because they're actually at the match.

Funny how some people are so vocal about a tired old debate yet rarely if ever postbin actual match threads

:lol:

:lol:

Yeah but still....MATCH THREAD ffs!

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39096000/jpg/_39096416_kinnear203.jpg

Joe: Wich one of you are Steve Bennett?

Steve Bennett: Me

Joe: You`re a c*nt

;D ;DI wish I could stop laughing at that, its been 2 months now and it still tickles.

If you like that I can recommend the current issue of 'Viz'. The 'Billy the Fish' comic strip is an amusing parody of Joe's famous speech.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7684775.stm

Play the O'Neill interview on that page, never heard so much bollocks being talked about them being the 'dominant force' etc.

Is it just me but when I try to watch new clips off the BBC like this one it takes ages to load then plays for 5 seconds then take ages to load the next bit. If I watch the clip tomorrow it will work, it just tends to be slow when they are first 'published' to the web.

shhhh, dont let them spoil the thread without even being in it.

brilliant result from the lads tonight, thought villa should have been ahead at half time but fair play we absolutely bossed the second half.

Butt for me was the big let down or rather the big weak spot once again. He's the opposite to Barton in possession - wasteful. The opposite to Duff on the ball - sloppy control. The opposite to Jonas - slow and immobile. He's the weak link in there and stood out like a sore thumb. He didn't play badly and I'm not knocking him just that he's the odd man out and its noticeable.

Disagree entirely - Butt looked solid and generally played fine. Held things together nicely. Great free kick too, think he should take more. If Geremi is allowed despite being so awful he shoed he could at least have a go. Butt wins a hell of a lot of tackles for us and, while some of his passes are wasteful, an equal number are good.

Which prevents them from posting any post-match comments or reveling in a good result how?

Which prevents them from posting any post-match comments or reveling in a good result how?

Because they're at a football stadium being football fans rather than sitting in front of their TVs and computers.

Because they're at a football stadium being football fans rather than sitting in front of their TVs and computers.

So they're still sitting in the stands two and a half hours after the match has ended?

Humor me, maybe I'm just thick.  :rolleyes:

Guest firetotheworks

BBC Sport Player Rater man of the match: Aston Villa's Ashley Young on 7.44 (on 90 minutes).

:idiot2:

I thought he was very quiet.

Could be because it could have been any of our players, and the decision was split across Martins, Barton, Jonas, Enrique, Duff and Ameobi?