Newcastle United 2 - 0 Aston Villa - 03/11/08 - Post match joy from page 18

Decky

Didnt say, thoguth enrique was dodgy last night in defence with agbonlahor running down the wing. made poor decisions in those situations for me. Also though, Yes we won but KINNEAR. f***ing HELL MAN, THAT GAME WAS BEGGING FOR SUBS. s**** SUBS AGAINST WEST BROM, SUNDERLAND AND NOW VILLA, ZOG SHOULD HAVE COME ON FOR DUFF FOR ME WITH ABOUT 20 TO GO. Villa were picking up the game a bit at that time and duff was anonymous.

wrong. Duff helped create the 2nd goal by creating the space for Jonas to run into, taking a marker with him. Duff also ran with the ball and kept it long enough for teammates to join him (running the clock down).

Didnt say, thoguth enrique was dodgy last night in defence with agbonlahor running down the wing. made poor decisions in those situations for me. Also though, Yes we won but KINNEAR. f***ing HELL MAN, THAT GAME WAS BEGGING FOR SUBS. s**** SUBS AGAINST WEST BROM, SUNDERLAND AND NOW VILLA, ZOG SHOULD HAVE COME ON FOR DUFF FOR ME WITH ABOUT 20 TO GO. Villa were picking up the game a bit at that time and duff was anonymous.

Just as well he didn't take Duff off with 20 minutes left then because I doubt N'Zogbia would have given the ball to Gutierrez in the build up to the second.

Didnt say, thoguth enrique was dodgy last night in defence with agbonlahor running down the wing. made poor decisions in those situations for me. Also though, Yes we won but KINNEAR. FUCKING HELL MAN, THAT GAME WAS BEGGING FOR SUBS. SHITE SUBS AGAINST WEST BROM, SUNDERLAND AND NOW VILLA, ZOG SHOULD HAVE COME ON FOR DUFF FOR ME WITH ABOUT 20 TO GO. Villa were picking up the game a bit at that time and duff was anonymous.

Erm, you're wrong.

:idiot2:

Guest icemanblue

Didnt say, thoguth enrique was dodgy last night in defence with agbonlahor running down the wing. made poor decisions in those situations for me. Also though, Yes we won but KINNEAR. FUCKING HELL MAN, THAT GAME WAS BEGGING FOR SUBS. SHITE SUBS AGAINST WEST BROM, SUNDERLAND AND NOW VILLA, ZOG SHOULD HAVE COME ON FOR DUFF FOR ME WITH ABOUT 20 TO GO. Villa were picking up the game a bit at that time and duff was anonymous.

Erm, you're wrong.

He'd struggle to be more wrong, tbh. We were causing them problems with the players already on the pitch and looked comfortable in our shape. Why try to change that?

why?

Enrique handled Agbonlahor very well throughout the night IMO, and Duff was far from anonymous towards the end - he kept possession well at all times and had a hand in the second goal.

Although the subs in previous games have been dodgy, there was no reason to make any changes last night.

Guest icemanblue

Erm, you're wrong.

He'd struggle to be more wrong, tbh. We were causing them problems with the players already on the pitch and looked comfortable in our shape. Why try to change that?

did you not see the period when villa started picking up some second balls and winging it in a bit. granted, we didnt lookm overly threatened but i thought a couple of our players were looking a bit leggy and therefore fresh legs would have been a good thing. as it happened we were alright but i still think he is shite at timing substitutions. reference, mackem game

Villa didn't score, though. We did. Fair enough, in other games the substitutions have been perplexing to say the least, but to criticise Kinnear for this game seems a bit daft.

Guest guinness_fiend

Shorey - s***

Laursen - s***, for both goals

Carew - s***

Gabby - s***... and WTF is he smiling about when he missed that sitter

NRC - s***

Milner - s***

MON - s***

intellectuals of the footballing world

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/mfl/lowres/mfln130l.jpg

Loved the game, we were immense but Villa were poor.

Until people learn Milner is not a winger but a central mid then he's never going to be effective and a promising career will pass him by.

Massive massive result for us, to think if we had beat Sunderland or Hull, one more win would see us in 7th place, madness how tight the league is, a win at Fulham and the season will have turned itself on its head and we can look forward to picking up form and points taking us into a strong position in the New Year.

Home form is critical imo with so many teams picking up wins and draws, keep that strong and away points being a bonus and the write off of a season won't pan out too bad. The other side of the coin is we can still go back down, but i like to think were moving now, beaten once in 5, and key players are coming back such as Jonas & Barton, while Owen is on the mend.

Got a feeling a big team could go down this year, hope its not us, what a difference a game makes, my confidence is returning, no doubt its returning to the players too.

Loved the game, we were immense but Villa were poor.

Until people learn Milner is not a winger but a central mid then he's never going to be effective and a promising career will pass him by.

Massive massive result for us, to think if we had beat Sunderland or Hull, one more win would see us in 7th place, madness how tight the league is, a win at Fulham and the season will have turned itself on its head and we can look forward to picking up form and points taking us into a strong position in the New Year.

Home form is critical imo with so many teams picking up wins and draws, keep that strong and away points being a bonus and the write off of a season won't pan out too bad. The other side of the coin is we can still go back down, but i like to think were moving now, beaten once in 5, and key players are coming back such as Jonas & Barton, while Owen is on the mend.

Got a feeling a big team could go down this year, hope its not us, what a difference a game makes, my confidence is returning, no doubt its returning to the players too.

great point re: Milner. said it all along. he's a natural born central midfield player.

What attributes does Milner have to be a central-midfielder out of interest?

He's slow and can't cross a ball, I presume that means he'll have less weaknesses in his game if he played in the middle. :lol:

:lol:

I think right-wing's definitely his best position, just don't think he's a particularly good one.

Asked that many a time on here and never got a response.

All I can think of is he's a battler and a hard worker.

Also, short passes are easier than crosses, that's in his favour.

So stoked with the result...A couple of workmates who support Man U and the Yids were having a go at me for Spurs going above us.  Idiots.  I made a bet that we would Villa for shouting coffee tomorrow lunch.  I should have gone for food or  $$$.  Anyway, I will order a large iced coffee tomorrow and then pour it on the ground out of spite.  I am aim to revel in this victory as much as I can.

give it to a homeless & share the joy! :angel:

He's slow and can't cross a ball, I presume that means he'll have less weaknesses in his game if he played in the middle. :lol:

:lol:

I think right-wing's definitely his best position, just don't think he's a particularly good one.

In the few games he played there he looked far more productive playing on the left.  His effective crosses virtually all came from the left as did a good number of his goals.

What a fucking great big smile i had when we scored the second...Been enjoying this win all day today..Great work by the players. And i just loved to see them all celebrating as a team when we scored and when it was over...Colos hug with Jonas and Obas celebration and passion shown after the first goal.

Made my day at work 100 times easier than usual...

Shorey - shit

Laursen - shit, for both goals

Carew - shit

Gabby - shit... and WTF is he smiling about when he missed that sitter

NRC - shit

Milner - shit

MON - shit

To be honest, that sounds a fair assessment to me, although a bit harsh on MON, and a bit harsh on Laursen too.

We're tired, and we're playing again on Thursday and then again on Sunday. There's too much football.

Shorey - s***

Carew - s***

NRC - s***

Milner - s***

MON - s***

To be honest, that sounds a fair assessment to me, although a bit harsh on MON, and a bit harsh on Laursen too.

We're tired, and we're playing again on Thursday and then again on Sunday. There's too much football.

well you shouldn't have been so good last season then, should ya?

Shorey - s***

Carew - s***

NRC - s***

Milner - s***

MON - s***

well you shouldn't have been so good last season then, should ya?

Fair comment.

Long season, though, and I wasn't entirely surprised at the result.

Villa suffering from a congested season kind of reignites my dormant sympathies for Glen Roeder.

He had an immensely congested schedule, with a weak squad to begin with (Bramble first choice CB, Sibierski our main goal threat, only two recognized fullbacks at the club and they were Babayaro and Carr), and a simply f***ed up amount of injuries. In some sense it's an achievement that he kept us up that year.

He wasn't cut out for the job, but I find it difficult to hate the bloke. If AZ away didn't happen (or if Dyer/Bramble didn't lead the resulting player revolt,) he might still be here leading us to consistent mid-table mediocrity (which doesn't sound so bad considering where we are now.)