Newcastle United 2 - 0 Aston Villa - 03/11/08 - Post match joy from page 18

Decky

Yesterday showed how we've missed Barton. Great to have a bit of drive going forward in midfield. Barton, Jonas, Martins and Stroller were all brilliant yesterday. A fine team performance against a poor Villa team, which highlights how far the top4 are ahead of the rest really as i don't think we'd have won if we'd been playing one of them on a bad day.

Guest elbee909

Im starting to think that Gutierrez is a bit nutty, he seem "special" in so many ways.

And he couldnt be cooler, Gutierrez is f-ing mint

I love him because we both share the curse of freakishly long arms.

lucky you! i have to share the curse of a freakishly long cock with Shola  :-[

So he has it for a week, then you?  Like some sort of timeshare, is it?

Guest elbee909

I think I'm probably going to read every single page of this thread when I get the time at some point.

Miss this page out though, it's entirely populated by twats.

Oh wait, damn...

Im starting to think that Gutierrez is a bit nutty, he seem "special" in so many ways.

And he couldnt be cooler, Gutierrez is f-ing mint

I love him because we both share the curse of freakishly long arms.

lucky you! i have to share the curse of a freakishly long cock with Shola  :-[

So he has it for a week, then you?  Like some sort of timeshare, is it?

:lol: :lol:

That article has piles of shite written all over it.

Why mention chanting for your teams manager. Just cos u got sworn at by him

Why even bring up the Barton 'incident' pathetic shite again

Crap ratings.

Horrible anti newcastle tone.

'Perhaps that incident unsettled Agbonlahor because soon after he missed the best chance of the half when former Newcastle winger Milner created a lovely opening down the Villa right.

The £12million signing, who was booed by home fans, skipped away from Jose Enrique with ease before playing a tempting ball across goal which Agbonlahor somehow allowed to slip through his legs.'

Sick

'Fortunately for Barton, the officials missed all the nonsense, but the television cameras did not and the pair continued to clash for the rest of the first period.

'

Bollocks

'Newcastle were lucky to still have 11 men on the pitch after referee Steve Bennett had missed an unsavoury incident involving Joey Barton, which could have resulted in another red card for the midfielder and a six-match ban. '

Eh? Why print this shit????

At least The Guardian's version is spot on:

"Barton's critics claimed he had enjoyed a significant escape after becoming embroiled in a minor contretemps with Gabriel Agbonlahor. Shortly after being bundled over by the Villa forward as they challenged for the ball, the Newcastle midfielder raised a hand, flicked his wrist and gently swiped Agbonlahor on the nose with a stroke of his palm.

The contact was minimal, fleeting and was surely intended as a joke but Middlesbrough's Jérémie Aliadière was sent off for doing something very similar last season. Moreover, Barton currently has a suspended six-game Football Association ban hanging over him and, with his considerable previous, he cannot afford to be on anything but his best behaviour.

Amid all the excitement Kinnear had lost his voice, so Chris Hughton conducted the post-match duties. "We haven't discussed it," said Newcastle's first-team coach. "But we are aware that any incident with Joey is going to be blown up out of all proportion."

While raising hands on a football pitch is never wise, it is also true that had any other player done something similar it would barely have merited a mention. That said the former referee Graham Poll, now a TV pundit, claimed Barton struck an opponent and consequently should have been dismissed. Moreover Poll was convinced that, had the referee seen the incident properly, he would have given Barton his marching orders. If he did not spot anything untoward and explains this in his report, however, the FA could, in theory, act retrospectively on video evidence.

Perhaps Agbonlahor can cite "post-Barton trauma'"as an excuse when he is asked to explain the sitter he missed shortly afterwards following James Milner's dodging of Fabricio Coloccini and subsequent fine cross. By then Martin Laursen had headed against a post from a Gareth Barry centre and a meaty tackle from Steven Taylor had denied Milner as Newcastle struggled to cope with Villa's speed on the break."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/nov/04/premierleague-newcastleunited

written by Wheez Keys Louise n all

This could turn out to be one of the most crucial games of the season.

Whilst Villa could have been two up by half-time(Agbonlahor missed an open goal and they had other clear chances), the team stuck at it, and this is the main quality that Kinnear has brought to the side.

Ameobi held the ball much better than he has previously and this was a key factor in keeping too much pressure off the back 4/midfield ; Martins took his first goal really well, and I have never doubted his ability to score that type of goal, but to be in the right place for the second was just as important.

I have criticised Jonas in the past for not hurting the opposition with his undoubted skill - this time, he did what I've been wanting to see and got behind their defence with a great piece of skill and acceleration to lay the second on a plate ; that is what wingers are for - more of that please.....

He was helped by the fact that Duff(who also played well in this match) moved over to the left, and the Villa defence didn't know which one was going to try to make the crucial run behind them ; the play between the 2 helped to open them up.

I've always liked Enrique and still think he could turn out to be a really good LB ; Coloccini had a good game in CD , but really, hardly anyone played badly.Barton showed improvement and commitment in midfield but he cannot resist those stupid brushes with trouble - a different ref may well have sent him off for raising his hand ; a player with his reputation needs to behave himself for a LONG time...

All those wanting Owen put on the side - get over yourselves...he saved the club's bacon last season, and, provided he stays fit, will get goals on a far more regular basis than any other player on the books.

Like any other player, he has to earn his place but no decent side will leave a striker with Owen's capabilities on the sidelines for long. Its when you are stuggling against a packed defence or up against it away that he will still do the business, and Kinnear knows that only too well - which is why he doesn't want him to be sold or allowed to leave...

There are many tough games to follow - this was an enjoyable, but brief respite.

When we start winning away from home and putting some daylight between us and another 4 teams is the time for excessive self-congratulation.

Nevertheless - very well done to the players AND management.

When we start winning away from home and putting some daylight between us and another 4 teams is the time for excessive self-congratulation.

Nevertheless - very well done to the players AND management.

This.

But we can revel it all the same, more of the same this sunday, although i'd be tempted to put Guthrie in against Fulham. Butt did (for him) excellent last night, but his job was tailored to us playing against a speedy and attacking team. He and Barton didn't get as much forward in the first half as the second as we had to try and cover their attacks - which we did in the main.

Fulham, we should go at them, they are a nice and tidy team, but nothing to get defensive about.

Owen, even though he was only on for a couple of minutes, I liked his awareness when he was slightly offside and we were attacking (Jonas?), he bent a run around and tbh if the ball to him was better he'd have been in. Shola and Martins would have stayed offside.

Bench again on Sunday, but good to have him available.

Given - 7

Beye - 7

Enrique - 8

Coloccini - 8

Taylor - 7

Duff - 7

Gutierrez - 8

Butt - 7

Barton - 7

Martins - 8

Ameobi - 8

That's the first game I've seen us play in a very long time where all eleven players were on their game at the same time, and in tune with each other, without any obvious weak links.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

What a fkn game my voice has gone, nothing but a slight croack :lol:

Nothing a mouthful of cum wont solve!  :shepherd:

Given - 7

Beye - 7

Enrique - 8

Coloccini - 8

Taylor - 7

Duff - 7

Gutierrez - 8

Butt - 7

Barton - 7

Martins - 8

Ameobi - 8

That's the first game I've seen us play in a very long time where all eleven players were on their game at the same time, and in tune with each other, without any obvious weak links.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

What a fkn game my voice has gone, nothing but a slight croack :lol:

Nothing a mouthful of cum wont solve!  :shepherd:

Always knew you were a lass. Please share more of your experiences with us  :cheesy:

The togetherness was just about the best thing about last night. We haven't had a team with such team chemistry/team ethic/teamwork perform like that since the end of last season. Fantastic to see. Celebrating the goals together aswell, which i always love seeing. We're doing it in the stands, jumping up and hugging the nearest person, so it's great to see the players doing it too.

But yeah, about the team chemistry thing, it just shows what a consistent team can do. Grows balance, grows continuity, grows understanding. I wouldn't start Owen in the next game tbh, and i've said otherwise prior to that. I've always said, as soon as he is fit, get him back in the team. But i'd keep it as it is at the moment. Martins and Shola are playing well, if a bit frustrating.

Guest mackas86

anyone see that fat f***er steve curry on ssn, no mention of the performance but jumped straight onto the barton bandwagon and wants the FA to reinstate the rest of his ban to 'teach him a lesson'. funnily enough he didnt mention agbonlahor pulling him to the ground or the fact we comfortably beat an inform team.  Je deteste the daily mail :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Another plus point from last night was the strength on the bench. Harper, Bassong, Cacapa, Guthrie, Geremi, N'Zogbia & Owen, with other squad fillers like Xisco, Gonzalez, Smith, Viduka & Edgar not even in the 18.

I know people are bemoaning the weakness of the squad, but that's a half decent 23 there IMO.

Also Shola and even Owen were all smiles :thup:

Pretty sure Owen had a grin in on as he passed Shola when he replaced him.

Yeah, was chuffed for Ameobi getting that reception last night. Massive difference to the one he got when he came off against Hull a couple of months ago!

Yeah, was chuffed for Ameobi getting that reception last night. Massive difference to the one he got when he came off against Hull a couple of months ago!

Because he was walking off when we were 2-0 down, the lazy cunt!

Anyway, I liked the fact that we overloaded the left wing with Jonas and Duff. It'll be dangerous when we play a good counter-attacking team, but Villa just couldn't handle Enrique, Duff and Jonas on the same wing at the same time. Our 3 players have good technique which meant we dominated play on our left wing. Fulham have got Aaron Hughes playing RB so we should employ the same tactic.

Because he was walking off when we were 2-0 down, the lazy c***!

Anyway, I liked the fact that we overloaded the left wing with Jonas and Duff. It'll be dangerous when we play a good counter-attacking team, but Villa just couldn't handle Enrique, Duff and Jonas on the same wing at the same time. Our 3 players have good technique which meant we dominated play on our left wing. Fulham have got Aaron Hughes playing RB so we should employ the same tactic.

Yeah, that was a masterstroke trebling up on Reo-Coker with Enrique, Jonas & Duff for the second goal! No idea if that was Kinnear's ploy, or whether the players just went about it themselves.

Because he was walking off when we were 2-0 down, the lazy c***!

Hughes is playing CB unfortunately with Paintsil RB. Either way, Owen has an excellent record against him, he hates pace so Martins will be a handful, and I'm sure given that Ameobi used to get picked presumably for what he did in training rather than on the pitch in the past, that he's given Hughes a few beatings in his time too.

So stoked with the result...A couple of workmates who support Man U and the Yids were having a go at me for Spurs going above us.  Idiots.  I made a bet that we would Villa for shouting coffee tomorrow lunch.  I should have gone for food or  $$$.  Anyway, I will order a large iced coffee tomorrow and then pour it on the ground out of spite.  I am aim to revel in this victory as much as I can.