Fulham vs Newcastle United 9/11/08 Pre-match thread

Taylor Swift

:coolsmiley:

Fulham have a great home record (won 3 of 5) so this will not be a gimmie. They, however, only scored 6 goals in 5 games at home. The first goal will be vital (as ever) because they haven't lost at home when they scored first.

I'd like to see the same team that played tonight with Owen playing instead of Shola. I also think we'll win 2-0 O0

:coolsmiley:

Fulham have a great home record (won 3 of 5) so this will not be a gimmie. They, however, only scored 6 goals in 5 games at home. The first goal will be vital (as ever) because they haven't lost at home when they scored first.

I'd like to see the same team that played tonight with Owen playing instead of Shola. I also think we'll win 2-0 O0

Can go into this game with a little more confidence than I was expecting. I shall say 2-2

Guest firetotheworks

Aye we'll do what we always do after a class result, be not quite as good but show glimpses of the previous matches best bits. I reckon 1-1

Guest Stephen927

It's weird how before last nights game I was unsure about this match but now I'm feeling good about NUFC again, hope the team can keep it going and get a good run going just to take the pressure off themselves.

I'd expect Newcastle fans to be more confident about this than before tonight, but my question is, would you take a draw?

We haven't won away yet and this is as good an opportunity as any so whilst a draw would be acceptable we need to go all out for the win.

Looking at the weekends fixtures a win here could push us up to 8th.

Need  Villa to beat Boro, Man city lose or draw with Spuds, pompey and scum to draw, West ham and Everton draw would be nice, Then Sunday Chelski to beat Blackurn, and we must win.

Need  Villa to beat Boro, Man city lose or draw with Spuds, pompey and scum to draw, West ham and Everton draw would be nice, Then Sunday Chelski to beat Blackurn, and we must win.

I love how both of you have gone to the trouble of looking that up. :lol:

I love how both of you have gone to the trouble of looking that up. :lol:

Skirge has made it sound a lot harder to work out than it was tbf. :lol:

I've been to the last three Fulham away games and they've all been shockers. Just a decent game of football and at least a point would do me, although no reason why we can't go after all three.

I think Kinnear is realising that he needs to allow the players to be positive even when ahead, so I would expect an unchanged team and hoping for more of the same.