Fulham vs Newcastle United 9/11/08 Pre-match thread

Taylor Swift

Guest nufc_kev

If we're level after 70 minutes, with Owen and Geremi still on the bench, then it'll be fantastic. We'll beat em eventually if that's the case. Feeling confident now tbh, and really looking forward to it which is nice.

Four points minimum from the next two games tbh. I'd be satisfied with a draw but i reckon we'll nick it 2-1. Martins and Owen.

If we could get 6 points from the next two games it would be massive for the season.

Guest toonlass

The Eight Bells is nice, but always packed. Froze my bollocks off standing outside there last season. Think that was later in the year though...

It's warm when you're downing lager surrounded by 5000 toon fans signing

Signing what???? Autographs?

If we're level after 70 minutes, with Owen and Geremi still on the bench, then it'll be fantastic. We'll beat em eventually if that's the case. Feeling confident now tbh, and really looking forward to it which is nice.

Four points minimum from the next two games tbh. I'd be satisfied with a draw but i reckon we'll nick it 2-1. Martins and Owen.

If we could get 6 points from the next two games it would be massive for the season.

Yep, it'd be absolutely enormous. These are two six-pointers aswell, really. I'm not saying it's make or break, but there's a couple of toughies to come afterwards, away games at Chelsea and Boro iirc. 6 more points, meaning 12 from 12, would be brilliant.

Guest CaPiTaL cHaP

Wonder if this formation could be any good against Fulham?

Back 5 as before,

.............Butt......Barton...........

Jonas..........Owen..............Duff

..................Shola..................

Shola to cause mayhem by running into people, Jonas and Duff to attack the FB's, Owen to arrive late in the box. MO would also drop deep to pack the midfield. Sort of a KK formation.

Back 5 as before,

Shola to cause mayhem by running into people, Jonas and Duff to attack the FB's, Owen to arrive late in the box. MO would also drop deep to pack the midfield. Sort of a KK formation.

You cant really drop Oba after Monday. He's such a confidence based player, and has to play when he's in the groove.

Guest CaPiTaL cHaP

Back 5 as before,

You cant really drop Oba after Monday. He's such a confidence based player, and has to play when he's in the groove.

I reckon JFK would pick Owen if he's available and i also think he'd drop Martins before Shola. I think JFK likes to have a bigger guy up front causing trouble.

Back 5 as before,

I reckon JFK would pick Owen if he's available and i also think he'd drop Martins before Shola. I think JFK likes to have a bigger guy up front causing trouble.

Bit ridiculous if you score a brace against the 5th team in the table and then get dropped.

Wasn't Fulham our last win under Allardyce with a 90th minute penalty from Barton?

This'll be far from easy.. Kinnear has put his faith in players like Duff, Ameobi, Butt and to an extent Martins, who are all capable of putting in a good shift for the side but are also prone to becoming very anonymous. If he can get these players believing then the 3 points should be ours, if they fall back to their old ways then Fulham will snatch it.

We beat Reading? I'm guessing it was the Pompey draw after that.

Mon. 17 Final Birmingham 1 - 1 Newcastle

Sat. 22 Final Newcastle 2 - 0 Fulham

Sun. 30 Final Tottenham 1 - 4 Newcastle

Sat. 5 Final Newcastle 3 - 0 Reading

Sat. 12 Final Portsmouth 0 - 0 Newcastle

Sun. 20 Final Newcastle 2 - 0 Sunderland

Sat. 26 Final West Ham 2 - 2 Newcastle

Was a cracking run (surely I can post old fixture lists? Or not?)