Fulham 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 09/11/08 - post match reaction from page 24

Dave

shola took his chance, owen didn't

so stop trying to deflect owen from any criticism

He's hardly played for us recently. What 'chance' has Owen got? Oba and Shola have been playing pretty well together, and thus they've been fairly starting games. Either way Owen is obviously much the better player so we need to sort out a way to get him back in.

Coming on as a substitute for our other best player isn't that way.

yes but for this game, owen did fuck all

:lol:

Comment of the day right there.

I'm just shocked anyone was expecting any different.

This. Unfortunately.

I have to say, though, when we equalised even I started to believe we'd win...

Same with me. :( Just typical newcastle really.

Given, good. 6

Beye, decent. 6

Coloccini, decent. 6

Caçapa, woeful. 3

Enrique, poor. 4

Duff, poor. 4

Butt, decent. 6

Barton, decent. 6

Jonas, frustrating but was still actually dangerous. 6

Martins, alright - first touch let him down time and again. 6

Shola, alright - first touch let him down time and again. 6

Kinnear, woeful. 3

Generous? I dunno, i don't think so. No one would be complaining with that had we of won the game like we should have. Caçapa/Kinnear lost us the game.

A win would have put us in the top half. I'm gutted.

We're useless away from home, for as long as Kinnear is here, he needs to sort that out. A win today would have gone a long way to restoring some belief in ourselves when we play away, and with all due respect to Fulham, there are a lot harder places to go to. Missed opportunity in a way.

Guest Howaythetoon

2 steps forward then 1 step back will be the story of our season as long as Kinnear stays. Tactically we are piss poor. Why do we insist on defending deep and playing narrow? And those long balls...

Kinnear hasn't got a clue.

Duff and Butt stay on to shamble along at walking pace, and Cacapa not hauled off at half-time?

Someone needs to buy him a book "Substitutions for dummies"

He also doesn't have the wherewithal to drop good ol' Champions League winner Nicky, and Butt knows this.  So he can just stroll about being the shit cunt he is.

Given, good. 6

Beye, decent. 6

Coloccini, decent. 6

Caçapa, woeful. 3

Enrique, poor. 4

Duff, poor. 4

Butt, decent. 6

Barton, decent. 6

Jonas, frustrating but was still actually dangerous. 6

Martins, alright - first touch let him down time and again. 6

Shola, alright - first touch let him down time and again. 6

Kinnear, woeful. 3

Generous? I dunno, i don't think so. No one would be complaining with that had we of won the game like we should have. Caçapa/Kinnear lost us the game.

Enrique played well I thought.

shola took his chance, owen didn't

so stop trying to deflect owen from any criticism

He's hardly played for us recently. What 'chance' has Owen got? Oba and Shola have been playing pretty well together, and thus they've been fairly starting games. Either way Owen is obviously much the better player so we need to sort out a way to get him back in.

Coming on as a substitute for our other best player isn't that way.

yes but for this game, owen did fuck all

He hardly had a chance to. Owen doesn't make goals, he puts them away. You give him a chance and he'll usually (yes I know his best chance today was utterly wasted) at least work the keeper. Taking off our best creative player was therefore extremely counter-productive and makes and made no sense whatsoever.

owen did f*** all, is as he good what some people think?

Aye, should have had a hattrick today. He's obviously not as good as Shola  :cheesy:

Honestly for the last ten minutes Owen and Oba may as well have not been on the pitch. They were never going to get involved. Our attacking after going 2-1 down was absolutely pitiful.

That's cos we didn't attack, Joe. We played long-ball. That's not attacking. That's anti-football.

There is one method of alleged positive play that this side cannot do. And that's long-ball. What do we do when we most need to nick a goal? Go long-ball. Woeful management.

Owen and Martins had to contribute more to the link up play for the 4-3-3 to work, and with Fulham crowding up midfield we didn't have that much of a choice.

I thought Butt was alright today for the record, and i wouldn't usually say that. Kept possession relatively well and actually tried to play positively. Duff was Duff, only multiplied. Ie, run run run, point point point, pull face pull face pull face...

... NO END PRODUCT.

I thought him, Caçapa and Enrique were the only stand out poor individuals on the pitch today. Everyone else was just plain average, really. We still should have won.

Individual errors by CH's will usually be punished. Cacapa made 2 today and it's cost us the game.

Fulham have gone from 18th to 10th with those 3 points btw. It's so tight down there and it's going to be like that for much of the season. Just got to move on to Wigan and make sure we beat them. Disappointing result but not the end of the world. 

Guest firetotheworks

That game reminded me of exactly the type of game that we have after a decent performance under roeder. Albeit with a better team I reckon.

So the positives:

Colo was good again despite the penalty

Barton was driving the little that we had

Good shift by Beye

Jonas was looking threatening second half

We could have won it if Cacapa hadnt have played.

The Negatives

Cacapa - Largely at fault for the loss.Blame culture or not, I think thats as clear as day, I like the fella but he's not cut out for the premier league imo

Kinnears decisions - Cacapa instead of Bassong. Jonas off instead of Duff. One was very annoying, the other managed to cost us the match.

Duff - Absolutely legless headless chicken

Enrique constantly banging his head against a brick wall in the last 10 minutes playing the long ball