Sunderland appoint Steve 'I bleed black and white' Bruce as new manager

cp40

What more evidence do clubs need that doing this simply doesn't work? Houllier and Jol, in terms of appointing someone already within the club, are the only times it's had any success from what i can recall. And that's Liverpool and Spurs - two big clubs, and those two were two experienced world class coaches. Total lack of ambition from the Mackems.

Gerrin. :lol:

They've made exactly the same mistake we did, when the club thought that the sudden surge in form was down to the presence of Roeder rather than the absence of Souness.

They must have a lot of faith in him to knock back the... How many was it, 60 world class managers they had applying for the job?  :iamatwat:

That. Especially the first bit.

What more evidence do clubs need that doing this simply doesn't work? Houllier and Jol, in terms of appointing someone already within the club, are the only times it's had any success from what i can recall. And that's Liverpool and Spurs - two big clubs, and those two were two experienced world class coaches. Total lack of ambition from the Mackems.

Gerrin. :lol:

I think Liverpool had a few better internal appointments than Houllier. Charlton did alright appointing Curbs. West Ham appointed Harry Redknapp from within. Walter Smith is Rangers legend after taking over.

Guest diddimz

HAHAHA this has brightened up my christmas!!!! hahahahahahahahahaha mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

Lets pray JFK doesnt get our job!!!

haha same here, was having a shit night, but this has brought a smile to my face.

ha hahahahaha RTG is like a nuclear wasteland at the moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MERRY XMASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :colo: :colo: :colo: :lol: :lol: :lol: mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :clap: :clap: :clap: ;D ;D ;D ;D :celb: :celb: :celb: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :iamatwat: :iamatwat: :iamatwat: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :doh: :kasper:

From RTG:

"Anyone else absolutely fucking furious?! I cant believe it. Rarely have I ever been more angry as a sunderland fan."

"the fans views echo those of real madrids fans when del bosque took over and look what he took them to"  :iamatwat:

"How we all laughed when Newcastle appointed Kinnear at least he's managed before."

"David Craig on SSN: "I think fans will be happy."

"Like fuck....... we tell Allardyce to fuck off and appoint him from the "breathtaking list".

bluelaugh.gif

From RTG:

"Anyone else absolutely f***ing furious?! I cant believe it. Rarely have I ever been more angry as a sunderland fan."

"the fans views echo those of real madrids fans when del bosque took over and look what he took them to"  :iamatwat:

"How we all laughed when Newcastle appointed Kinnear at least he's managed before."

"David Craig on SSN: "I think fans will be happy."

"Like f***....... we tell Allardyce to f*** off and appoint him from the "breathtaking list".

bluelaugh.gif

mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

It was yesterday that I was telling a friend about how all of us were on about these big names like Mancini, Schuster, Advocaat etc. The scenario MUST be that Quinny was taking all the time needed to get the best of the best.

The funny thing is, there was hardly no mention of the scenario that ís the story of SAFC, the fact that we are not very attractive to professionals who are not from the North-east. Percepted in europe as a smaller club then Newcastle and Middlesborough, up near the Scottish border, jojo-club, etc.

When did we stop realizing that and start think of scenarios in which the mighty quinn was screening the world for the very best manager? Did Keane give us that much convidence?

Like gold-dust falling from the skies.  :lol:

It was yesterday that I was telling a friend about how all of us were on about these big names like Mancini, Schuster, Advocaat etc. The scenario MUST be that Quinny was taking all the time needed to get the best of the best.

The funny thing is, there was hardly no mention of the scenario that ís the story of SAFC, the fact that we are not very attractive to professionals who are not from the North-east. Percepted in europe as a smaller club then Newcastle and Middlesborough, up near the Scottish border, jojo-club, etc.

When did we stop realizing that and start think of scenarios in which the mighty quinn was screening the world for the very best manager? Did Keane give us that much convidence?

You missed 'jojo'-club. :lol:

Guest toonlass

Oh the magic carpet ride has now crashed into the side of a mountain.  mackems.gif

I wonder if Sbragia was in the 5 year plan that Quinn had drawn up at the beginning.

:celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb:

Guest Geordiesned

A big thank you to Jason Roberts for rolling his injury time effort wide of an open goal yesterday. If he'd scored Sbragia may not have got the job! :D

You missed 'jojo'-club. :lol:

i think they're silent j's, just like with jogging, apparently you just run