Sunderland appoint Steve 'I bleed black and white' Bruce as new manager

cp40

The thing is, most white Americans are deeply ashamed of being "just American," so they insist on cooking up some sort of "second heritage" that links them with a country that's been around for more than just 300 years.

Hence the odd identities that are Italian-American, Irish-American etc.

(For the Americans on the board: Yes I know that's a bit of an exaggeration, but really not by much.)

It is quite laughable with the Yanks, but it is a bit strange that the Aussies don't do it bearing in mind that they are an even younger country in our terms

Yeah, I can just see them pronouncing themselves as "Convo Brit-Australian" loud and proud. ;)

That's the bit of their identity they struggle with. There are sizeable popultaions of Croatians, Greeks and Thai expats in Oz. Don't here the same thing from them.

"deeply ashamed" was a bit tongue-in-cheek, but you can't deny that there's an odd fixaiton on the part of many white Americans (I don't even know how African Americans entered into the discussion) to claim a linkage to some sort of European ethnic identity.

"deeply ashamed" was a bit tongue-in-cheek, but you can't deny that there's an odd fixaiton on the part of many white Americans (I don't even know how African Americans entered into the discussion) to claim a linkage to some sort of European ethnic identity.

is keano in the KKK or have i missed summit here?

is keano in the KKK or have i missed summit here?

If you'd like to try to moderate every single thread on here so that each one stays on topic, be my guest.

You can start in the Nile Ranger thread :lol:

Guest Sniffer

So you think it's acceptable for blacks to go with the african american but somebody from Italy can't be proud of their italian heritage? Bit racist isn't it?