Sunderland appoint Steve 'I bleed black and white' Bruce as new manager

cp40

Guest elbee909

Makems saying on legends hes at last chance saloon.

Better off getting to the last chance salon to shave off that bloody beard.

Ellis Short is the largest single shareholder, one of those Americans who call themselves an ‘Irish-American’!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/sunderland/3082097/Ellis-Short-takes-controlling-interest-in-Sunderland---Football.html

Does my head in, I just want to scream at them, if your parents or at least grandparents arnt Irish then YOU ARNT IRISH you fucking :duff:s

Guest toonlass

Its a bit like plastic scots. Does my nut in, I'm not Scots, but my mam is, and my grandparent's but anyone who has been to Ibrox in the last 6 months has a Scots ancestry, and anyone who has been to Carparkheed is Irish. BOLLOX!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Sniffer

Bit like plastic geordies.  So,....... If you, your parents or grandparents aren't from Tyneside, you shouldn't be supporting our team?

Bit like plastic geordies.  So,....... If you, your parents or grandparents aren't from Tyneside, you shouldn't be supporting our team?

Supporting a football team is slightly different than claiming a nationality tbh

The thing is, most white Americans are deeply ashamed of being "just American," so they insist on cooking up some sort of "second heritage" that links them with a country that's been around for more than just 300 years.

Hence the odd identities that are Italian-American, Irish-American etc.

(For the Americans on the board: Yes I know that's a bit of an exaggeration, but really not by much.)

The thing is, most white Americans are deeply ashamed of being "just American," so they insist on cooking up some sort of "second heritage" that links them with a country that's been around for more than just 300 years.

(For the Americans on the board: Yes I know that's a bit of an exaggeration, but really not by much.)

Not at all, they celebrate St Paddys day more than the Irish,  Everyone wears green and gets hammered, is it not also a national holiday?

When my mate was going around the US, an American lass in his hostel asked "So, are there many black... I mean, african-americans in Newcastle"?

Reminds me of this story. The American police said the man killed himself because Björk was going out with an African-American. It's funny how they describe Goldie as an African-American when he is English.

In 1996 an american man called Ricardo Lopez sent a mailbomb set to spray acid in Björks face as she would open the package. The package was disarmed at the postal office by Scotland Yard, because they had been tipped by the american authorities. The american police had found Lopez dead after complaints of stench from his neighbours. He had committed suicide with a gun and videotaped the whole thing, as well as him constructing the bomb and explaining the reason why. The motive was that he was deeply in love with her and was jealous at the fact that Björk dated Goldie (which ironically she wasn't anymore at that exact time). There's said to been a racist motive as well (since Goldie is half scottish, half jamaican).

Björk was very shocked and scared, also because her son could have opened the package had it ever reached her house. What made her feel bad too, was that someone had died just because of her passion to sing. She sent flowers to Lopez' parents and expressed her deep sorrow. Now, all she wants to do is forget it all and move on with her life.

A few odd details for all the sick people: the song he comitted suicide to was rumoured to be 'I Miss You' (or 'I remember you', the sources differ on this). Besides her not dating Goldie anymore at the time, she also was probably only a few blocks away from Lopez at the time he constructed the bomb and/or comitted suicide, since she was in (in believe it was) Maimi for a video shoot.

It is quite laughable with the Yanks, but it is a bit strange that the Aussies don't do it bearing in mind that they are an even younger country in our terms

It is quite laughable with the Yanks, but it is a bit strange that the Aussies don't do it bearing in mind that they are an even younger country in our terms

Yeah, I can just see them pronouncing themselves as "Convo Brit-Australian" loud and proud. ;)

Guest Sniffer

What a load of shit you come up with. Deeply ashamed? They might mention where their family roots are but it'absurd to say they are ashamed to be american....unless you are obama's missus of course.

Needless to say the paddies weren't holding back on the irish american thing when they were collecting money and extolling the virtues of the ira....murdering shite that they are... on the east coast in particular. Also interesting that nobody mentions the blacks at this point in time, like african american as a handle but no criticism there. Particularly funny that it's a bit like stating the obvious anyway as nobody mistakes them for German-americans. Plus the fact that the activists like the sentiment of african american but very few blacks have any interest in going back there or in fact, know where it is.

What a load of s*** you come up with. Deeply ashamed? They might mention where their family roots are but it'absurd to say they are ashamed to be american....unless you are obama's missus of course.

Needless to say the paddies weren't holding back on the irish american thing when they were collecting money and extolling the virtues of the ira....murdering s**** that they are... on the east coast in particular. Also interesting that nobody mentions the blacks at this point in time, like african american as a handle but no criticism there. Particularly funny that it's a bit like stating the obvious anyway as nobody mistakes them for German-americans. Plus the fact that the activists like the sentiment of african american but very few blacks have any interest in going back there or in fact, know where it is.

Got lost at the end there, are you saying very few blacks know where Africa is?

As for going back to Africa (i presume you mean to live), i guess it would be hard as there culture, language and habits are western/american.

It probably be just as hard as for you or I.

Guest Sniffer

What a load of s*** you come up with. Deeply ashamed? They might mention where their family roots are but it'absurd to say they are ashamed to be american....unless you are obama's missus of course.

Needless to say the paddies weren't holding back on the irish american thing when they were collecting money and extolling the virtues of the ira....murdering s**** that they are... on the east coast in particular. Also interesting that nobody mentions the blacks at this point in time, like african american as a handle but no criticism there. Particularly funny that it's a bit like stating the obvious anyway as nobody mistakes them for German-americans. Plus the fact that the activists like the sentiment of african american but very few blacks have any interest in going back there or in fact, know where it is.

As for going back to Africa (i presume you mean to live), i guess it would be hard as there culture, language and habits are western/american.

Basically saying that it seems unacceptable and derisory to some that white americans primarily of european descent should claim any kind of heritage or family roots. Yet blacks can glibly claim to be african americans and nobody bats an eyelid. And yes, I seriously doubt if many blacks would have any inclination to visit africa or in fact could give a rats arse about their roots. Oldtype seems to think people are consumed by roots when in fact it's a topic of conversation occasionally, no more, no less.

Not at all, they celebrate St Paddys day more than the Irish, Everyone wears green and gets hammered, is it not also a national holiday?

Paddy's Day isnt about green hats and all that shite, over here we just go out and get pissed all day, all that green novelty shite is just for the kids. The fact the 'irish-americans' go mad with all this green shit is just more proof that they arnt really Irish :aww:

Guest elbee909

Basically saying that it seems unacceptable and derisory to some that white americans primarily of european descent should claim any kind of heritage or family roots. Yet blacks can glibly claim to be african americans and nobody bats an eyelid. And yes, I seriously doubt if many blacks would have any inclination to visit africa or in fact could give a rats arse about their roots. Oldtype seems to think people are consumed by roots when in fact it's a topic of conversation occasionally, no more, no less.

African American is a term to describe ethnicity.  Irish American isn't.

The difference between African-Americans and any other kind of Americans is that everyone else's ancestors chose to go there at one time or another. The blacks were brought there in chains as slaves. If you are, say, an Italian-American you might still have some connection with the place your family came from. For all but the most recent arrivals, that link was forcibly broken for African-Americans a long time ago.

I'm often amused when I find myself with a bunch of Americans who are just getting to know each other. They soon end up comparing ethnicities. It's all shit like "I'm one-quarter Lithuanian, one-quarter Swedish, one-eighth Portuguese and three-eighths Slovak."