Sunderland appoint Steve 'I bleed black and white' Bruce as new manager

cp40

Roy Keane has left his position as manager of Sunderland Football Club, BBC Sport understands.

Keane has hinted in recent weeks that his future may not be certain hinting that he could leave the club.

Sunderland are 18th in the England League and have lost five of their last six games.

The former Manchester United midfielder took over at the Stadium of Light in 2006 and led them to the England League in the 2006/07 season.

More to follow.

Fat Sam would do really well for them imo.

I hope its not him.

Ok, well it will go one of two ways, instant failure with the fans getting on his back on the off due to relegation pressure, or he gets time, and makes a new Bolton out of Sunderland, and that for them will do and momentum could easily build.

Not sure who they will get,in  I'm just thinking Roy Keane has blew the budget and the owners were expecting a higher league position than they currently hold.

If he has spunked all the dosh i cant see many people being interested.  Souness anyone?

Allerdyce may take it?

Roy Keane has left his position as manager of Sunderland Football Club, BBC Sport understands.

Keane has hinted in recent weeks that his future may not be certain hinting that he could leave the club.

Sunderland are 18th in the England League and have lost five of their last six games.

The former Manchester United midfielder took over at the Stadium of Light in 2006 and led them to the England League in the 2006/07 season.

More to follow.

Does that journalist play PES? "England League". :lol:

More to follow.

Does that journalist play PES? "England League". :lol:

;D