Jose Enrique out for at least three weeks with hamstring injury

Guest BooBoo

fantastic tonight, what a guy! hope he pisses on Kinnear's doorstop when the next competent manager gives him a new 5 year contact

If Kinnear resumes as manager, I think you'll find that Enrique is off to another club - even if Kinnear doesn't come back, Enrique will be sold if we are relegated..he's far too good for a Championship side.

Even Fergie might be interested after watching him last night...

Really, really good again. Fast becoming one of my favourites. Hope he wants to stay and hope we keep him (and that he stays fit) because I can just see him getting better and better.

Nice to be waxing lyrical about some of our players. Enrique, Bassong, Jonas and Oba (if we stay up and we can keep them) are keeping my optimism alive.

anyone think our shit ignorant manager, or our shit ignorant owner and his team have enough nouse between them to recognise this lads a decent turn and will improve if we make him number one choice and stop slagging him off in national newspapers?

me either

ha!  was just thinking that if they did by some miracle recognise he's good they'd probably claim the humiliation :kinnear: gave the lad publicly was the motivation he needed!

might be right  :sadnod:

He'll be off in the summer anyway, Riise is a much better bet. :thup:

aye

went to a roma game in january when i was there, vs samp, and looked out for riise in the game in case we signed him as we'd been rumoured

jesus i'm glad we didn't

Thought he was our best player last night, defensively at least. Only thing that's frustrating is when you see space down the left hand side yet he doesn't seem to want to surge forward and overlap the winger.

Thought he was our best player last night, defensively at least. Only thing that's frustrating is when you see space down the left hand side yet he doesn't seem to want to surge forward and overlap the winger.

Depends on your manager and how you like to play. A Mourinho would be happy enough without his wingers blasting forward, a keegan would not.

Allardyce paid £6million for him and wasn't keen on playing him. KK was never sold on him and wanted a replacement too. JFK plays him out of necessity.

Why? Because this abomination of a footballer would struggle to pass the salt at a two person dinner party. An extremely bad footballer and January can't come quick enough to see if we can recoup some of our outlay and bring in someone who can successfully pass the ball six yards.

Mmm, smells like poor judgment to me...

Allardyce paid £6million for him and wasn't keen on playing him. KK was never sold on him and wanted a replacement too. JFK plays him out of necessity.

Why? Because this abomination of a footballer would struggle to pass the salt at a two person dinner party. An extremely bad footballer and January can't come quick enough to see if we can recoup some of our outlay and bring in someone who can successfully pass the ball six yards.

Smells more like bullshit to me.

He may not have been great back then but he wasn't that bad.

Bad judgment is a massive understatement :lol:  Even in the past when he has had some poor performances he's always looked like a quality player finding his feet to me.  Can't believe anyone would want him sold even before his recent performances :o

I'm happy with all 5 of those, to be honest. Cacapa and Edgar can both move on, but we absolutely have to get them some help in, create some competition and push them all on.

Otter's more than backtracked on that in fairness to him.

:thup:

Nowt like stringing up fellow fans though, is there?

Its not like anyone emailed the thread to his friends and family, subject line "cunt" and demanded they all denounce him as a fool.

Its good to highlight these things just in case one of the many 1000s of wankers who boo players after 3 months of being in England or get on the back of young players who make the odd mistake are actually reading.

Can't see it making any difference to be honest. In general, people are cunts and will continue to act like cunts until they pop their clogs.

This place has a few shining examples of instances like this making no difference at all to people's behaviour/posts!

My real issue was the fact that BooBoo had already retracted his opinion somewhat, or at least admitted he'd overreacted, didn't see the need for anything else after that.

:dontknow:

Its one thing to be wrong about a player its another to admit it when that player has improved, Enrique in the past has been shocking, he is getting better and I think that his performance vs Man Ure is the best he has had for this club, does that mean he has now turned a corner? I hope so but one really good game does not mean that.

Bramble had games where he looked world class and others where he was a complete clown, Jose has shown he can perform at a high level now its up to him to keep his game at that level..

Its one thing to be wrong about a player its another to admit it when that player has improved, Enrique in the past has been shocking, he is getting better and I think that his performance vs Man Ure is the best he has had for this club, does that mean he has now turned a corner? I hope so but one really good game does not mean that.

Bramble had games where he looked world class and others where he was a complete clown, Jose has shown he can perform at a high level now its up to him to keep his game at that level..

I read quite a few posters though who were convinced he's never even reach that level once. I thought he had it in him to be a good LB, and so far, happily for all of us, he's showing that he can.

Consistency, as you said, is all important. I think for a young'un, he's doing very well. What i said before and what i'll say again is this: he's the kind of player that goes to other 'smaller clubs' plays regularly, gets his game together and then signs for clubs like Newcastle for bigger fees and then you get people on here complaining that we never find them and develop them ourselves. Then Ricky turns up and i could see he was EXACTLY (i certainlu wasn't the only one) that type of player, just needed time and patience to develop his game.

I think in 2 years time he'll be a cracking LB, right now he's a very promising one.

he's been consistent since the mackem game imo, very pleased with his progress, if colo improves next season as i expect him to we will have a very good starting back four

he's been consistent since the mackem game imo, very pleased with his progress, if colo improves next season as i expect him to we will have a very good starting back four

If he keeps his form and Colo does indeed improve as Jose has then with Bassong and Beye we will have a cracking back four.

Guest palnese

Can't be far away from a Spain call-up. I see Capdevilla as the weakest link in the spanish team. At least under the Euro Cup. I may be mistaking though.