Jose Enrique out for at least three weeks with hamstring injury

Guest BooBoo

Improving all the time. Even though he was a little bit suspect today, if this was a 'bad' performance from him, then he has clearly improved, because today he was better than he was towards the end of last season.

Really like this guy.

However, Kinnear told the Chronicle: “I told him at half- time, you’re not giving what I expect from you.

“He’s got all the potential to be a top-class left-back.

“He just sits at times.

“He was our get-out ball, without a shadow of a doubt.

“I didn’t think he did enough in the first half, so I had words with him at half-time, and I thought he did exceptionally well in the second half.”Kinnear says: "When he gets in that last third of the pitch, he can hurt teams.

“Sometimes he’s just prepared to sit on his backside in that position and let the game drift away from him.”

What motivation there from Joe.

Kinnear's comments are spot on and I found Enrique annoying against Sunderland.

Jonas done well to get to the touchline and often dragged 2 players out of position with him before passing the ball back to Enrique who had time and space to put the ball into the box, yet more often than not he would look to pass it back to Jonas who still had 2 players on him rather than put the ball in himself, I found it more annoying because when he did float some balls over into the box his delivery was pretty good.

Perhaps it's a confidence thing because he does seem to attract more than his share of jeers from some of the idiots in SJP.

Enrique: Row with Joey show how much I care for United

Feb 15 2009 by Neil Farrington, Sunday Sun

JOSE ENRIQUE doesn’t have a problem with Joey Barton, Joe Kinnear, North East weather or getting forward.

But he’s unhappy. Not unhappy with life at Newcastle or anyone at St James’s Park, but because he does have an issue with losing — and with the threat of relegation.

A big issue.

During the Spaniard’s year-and-a-half on Tyneside, doubts have been cast over his appetite for the English game.

Sam Allardyce bought him, then dropped him. Kevin Keegan played him once, then dropped him. Joe Kinnear, by all accounts, tried to sell him in January.

Through it all, Enrique had kept his head down. Until an on-field bust-up with Barton as Newcastle imploded at Blackburn a month ago.

Some reckoned that episode would mark the beginning of the end for Enrique in England.

But the man himself sees it differently.

Indeed, he sees that furious exchange at Ewood Park, in which he and Barton had to be separated, as proof that he has the mettle to make his way in the Premier League.

That’s assuming Newcastle stay in the Premier League.

“I’m happy living here, I’m happy being at Newcastle, because it’s a very good club and a great city, and I’m happy because I am playing right now,” says Enrique.

“But I’m not happy because we’ve only won one of our last six games, and because of the position we are in the league. Nobody here can be totally happy in this situation.”

Does that sound like a player who doesn’t care enough? Time to apply some perspective to the travails of a lad who was barely 21 when he arrived at Newcastle from Villarreal.

“I know I can play better than I have,” he admits. “It’s been difficult to play here. Not in England, but in this team, because when you play bad and your team is down, life is hard.

“You have seen the games. In some of them, all we do is defend, defend. That is the situation we are in.

“In Spain, my game was to attack. You play with Manchester United, Arsenal . . . they are never defending in the game. All the time it is ‘attack, attack’. But in our situation, it’s more difficult.

“When I was at Villarreal, I played very well because the team was playing very well. It’s all about the 11 players playing well.

“They became one of the top teams in Spain, and my characteristic there was to attack all the time. But here, I can’t. It’s very different.”

Different, however, does not necessarily mean bad.

“The problems for Newcastle have probably made me a better player,” Enrique adds. “I always felt I defended well, but now I defend better, because I practise it every day.

“The only problem here is our position in the league. Nobody wants this club to go into the Second Division.

“I think we have very good players, so it is hard to understand how we’re in this position. You see training and we have good players. It can only be the injuries.

“Too often we have 10 or 12 people out and reserve team players have to come into the first team because we don’t have enough players.

“The most frustrating thing is that so many of our strikers are out with injuries. It’s frustrating for the team, but this is our only problem I think.”

No problem with team spirit, or with Mr Barton, then?

“No, the people here are incredible.

“Of course, it’s good for me to have other Spanish-speaking players here. It was difficult for me to adapt for my first few months here because I only spoke Spanish, so it’s good that I can help Xisco and Colo (Fabricio Coloccini), who didn’t speak English when they came. It’s a nice group we have.

“Joey? These things happen in football. Him and me are the same — we want to win. He is hungry, I am hungry. He hates losing, I hate losing. He was angry, I was angry.

“But after the game we were OK again. I don’t have any problem with him, and we joke about it now.”

And the final measure of Enrique’s commitment to Newcastle?

“My contract here is for another three years. I want to stay here for those three years — and maybe 10 more! I like this club and I like this city.

“I want to play European football, and this club can do that. It’s not many years since Newcastle played Champions League.

“Yes, this year is difficult, and we must fight to stay in the Premier League. But next year, or the year after, who knows?”

For now, Enrique’s European exploits will be restricted to playing for Barcelona on “Pro Evolution Soccer”, in between exploring Newcastle’s streets with his wife.

“The weather is OK. It’s cold, but it’s good not to have to play in the heat of Spain. And when I am out in the city, I wear a big coat.”

:smitten: :clap:

i actually think he is a decent player in a poor side struggeling with injuries, a crap manager and all sorts of off field problems.

i hope he stays, and believe he will come good.

Right now let's tabloid it....

Spanish flop blasts Toon

Spanish misfit Jose Enrique has blasted the club & his toon teamates in an interview which surely spells the end of his disastrous spell on tyneside and also claimed other team mates feel the same.

"I’m not happy because we’ve only won one of our last six games, and because of the position we are in the league. Nobody here can be totally happy in this situation.”

The Spanish flop also claimed that it's not English football with which he struggles, but the state United have been left in following Keegan's departure, saying "“It’s been difficult to play here. Not in England, but in this team, because when you play bad and your team is down, life is hard."

Dillusional Enrique has also risked the wrath of his team mates, by suggesting that he's been singled out for critiscism when the majority of the problems the club finds itself in have been caused by his under-performing colleagues and that they are to blame for the toon's slide towards relegation.

“When I was at Villarreal, I played very well because the team was playing very well. It’s all about the 11 players playing well.

“They became one of the top teams in Spain, and my characteristic there was to attack all the time. But here, I can’t. It’s very different.”

Enrique then issued a come and get me plea to Spain's top sides, which will no doubt infuriate both manager & supporters at the troubled North East club

“I want to play European football, we must fight to stay in the Premier League. But next year, or the year after, who knows?”

Spanish flop blasts Toon

Spanish misfit Jose Enrique has blasted the club & his toon teamates in an interview which surely spells the end of his disastrous spell on tyneside and also claimed other team mates feel the same.

"I’m not happy because we’ve only won one of our last six games, and because of the position we are in the league. Nobody here can be totally happy in this situation.”

The Spanish flop also claimed that it's not English football with which he struggles, but the state United have been left in following Keegan's departure, saying "“It’s been difficult to play here. Not in England, but in this team, because when you play bad and your team is down, life is hard."

Dillusional Enrique has also risked the wrath of his team mates, by suggesting that he's been singled out for critiscism when the majority of the problems the club finds itself in have been caused by his under-performing colleagues and that they are to blame for the toon's slide towards relegation.

Enrique then issued a come and get me plea to Spain's top sides, which will no doubt infuriate both manager & supporters at the troubled North East club

“I want to play European football, we must fight to stay in the Premier League. But next year, or the year after, who knows?”

Bloody ell...haha.  :)

Spanish flop blasts Toon

You work for News of the World, admit it!

Enrique: Row with Joey show how much I care for United

Feb 15 2009 by Neil Farrington, Sunday Sun

JOSE ENRIQUE doesnt have a problem with Joey Barton, Joe Kinnear, North East weather or getting forward.

But hes unhappy. Not unhappy with life at Newcastle or anyone at St Jamess Park, but because he does have an issue with losing and with the threat of relegation.

A big issue.

During the Spaniards year-and-a-half on Tyneside, doubts have been cast over his appetite for the English game.

Sam Allardyce bought him, then dropped him. Kevin Keegan played him once, then dropped him. Joe Kinnear, by all accounts, tried to sell him in January.

Through it all, Enrique had kept his head down. Until an on-field bust-up with Barton as Newcastle imploded at Blackburn a month ago.

Some reckoned that episode would mark the beginning of the end for Enrique in England.

But the man himself sees it differently.

Indeed, he sees that furious exchange at Ewood Park, in which he and Barton had to be separated, as proof that he has the mettle to make his way in the Premier League.

Thats assuming Newcastle stay in the Premier League.

Im happy living here, Im happy being at Newcastle, because its a very good club and a great city, and Im happy because I am playing right now, says Enrique.

But Im not happy because weve only won one of our last six games, and because of the position we are in the league. Nobody here can be totally happy in this situation.

Does that sound like a player who doesnt care enough? Time to apply some perspective to the travails of a lad who was barely 21 when he arrived at Newcastle from Villarreal.

I know I can play better than I have, he admits. Its been difficult to play here. Not in England, but in this team, because when you play bad and your team is down, life is hard.

You have seen the games. In some of them, all we do is defend, defend. That is the situation we are in.

In Spain, my game was to attack. You play with Manchester United, Arsenal . . . they are never defending in the game. All the time it is attack, attack. But in our situation, its more difficult.

When I was at Villarreal, I played very well because the team was playing very well. Its all about the 11 players playing well.

They became one of the top teams in Spain, and my characteristic there was to attack all the time. But here, I cant. Its very different.

Different, however, does not necessarily mean bad.

The problems for Newcastle have probably made me a better player, Enrique adds. I always felt I defended well, but now I defend better, because I practise it every day.

The only problem here is our position in the league. Nobody wants this club to go into the Second Division.

I think we have very good players, so it is hard to understand how were in this position. You see training and we have good players. It can only be the injuries.

Too often we have 10 or 12 people out and reserve team players have to come into the first team because we dont have enough players.

The most frustrating thing is that so many of our strikers are out with injuries. Its frustrating for the team, but this is our only problem I think.

No problem with team spirit, or with Mr Barton, then?

No, the people here are incredible.

Of course, its good for me to have other Spanish-speaking players here. It was difficult for me to adapt for my first few months here because I only spoke Spanish, so its good that I can help Xisco and Colo (Fabricio Coloccini), who didnt speak English when they came. Its a nice group we have.

Joey? These things happen in football. Him and me are the same we want to win. He is hungry, I am hungry. He hates losing, I hate losing. He was angry, I was angry.

But after the game we were OK again. I dont have any problem with him, and we joke about it now.

And the final measure of Enriques commitment to Newcastle?

My contract here is for another three years. I want to stay here for those three years and maybe 10 more! I like this club and I like this city.

I want to play European football, and this club can do that. Its not many years since Newcastle played Champions League.

Yes, this year is difficult, and we must fight to stay in the Premier League. But next year, or the year after, who knows?

For now, Enriques European exploits will be restricted to playing for Barcelona on Pro Evolution Soccer, in between exploring Newcastles streets with his wife.

The weather is OK. Its cold, but its good not to have to play in the heat of Spain. And when I am out in the city, I wear a big coat.

:smitten: :clap:

Class. Now just learn to stay awake for 90 mins and you'll have made it son  :thup:

Guest Heneage

Good to see players with ambition and openly saying they aren't happy with what's going on, beats Nicky Butt's diplomatic interviews.

I'd start him against Everton without a shadow of a doubt, let him play behind Jonas and just keep telling him to attack. He says himself in Spain he was an attacking fullback. He obviously likes having Jonas play in front of him as he not only covers but they can communicate much easier than if he's with Duff or an English speaking player. I imagine his confidence will increase as he gets a more stable back four, knowing who he's playing with. That seems to be one of our biggest problems really, maintaining a consistent XI.

Guest Heneage

Bet Nixon steals it and rips it off as his own.

He'd get caught out tbh. That's way above degree standard work. :snod:

Exactly, you can't polish a turd anyway. ;)

For now, Enrique’s European exploits will be restricted to playing for Barcelona on “Pro Evolution Soccer”, in between exploring Newcastle’s streets with his wife.

Enrique is revealed to be one of those people who always pick the best teams in Pro Evo. He's gone down in my estimations.

Enrique is revealed to be one of those people who always pick the best teams in Pro Evo. He's gone down in my estimations.

Hear hear...

I hate those idiots who pick Barcelona all the time and then think they are better than you when they beat you 1-0 from an Etoo fluke from 30 yards out.

Other than that, enrique - you are a top bloke.

Has certainly come of age. Just goes to show when you stick with a player and leave them to integrate into the team, it can reap dividends. That's why he was never any good under Allardyce, in one week then out for three. He started to show glimpses in the KK 4-3-3, again when he played every game.

If he can sustain this sort of form then he'll be money well spent in the long term. I know Anichebe isn't the greatest forward in the world put Enrique had him in his pocket.